Has anyone worked with AEON Synth Virtual Instrument?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Nerveclinic

27 Aug 2017

Just wondering if anyone has any strong feelings about this synth.

It only has 3 stars which is unusual in the Prop Shop.

I gave it a quick listen and it seems like it has potential, but maybe the bad reviews are do to the simplicity of the filters etc.?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Ahornberg

27 Aug 2017

This is a ROMpler based on a Kontakt library https://www.heavyocity.com/product/aeon-collection/

Loque

27 Aug 2017

Sounds thin imo.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

18 May 2018

Should trust my own comments. Got that stuff pretty cheap (the bundle). That is not worth 10 bucks. Sounds noisy, cheap, bad, not enough notes available, bad layered...Just poor. Do not buy this. And the original price of 200 is a joke.
Reason12, Win10

Karim
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

I own. I use just to make some noisy trailers or little soundtracks.
I picked up when it was on sale..

For scoring purposes I find it very useful (maybe layered with some other instruments)..

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

ltbrunt00

18 May 2018

I brought these when they first came out, there are some nice sounds in it. As for scoring tools in reason RE format these are probably one of your best options.

That being said these are crippled versions of their VST counterpart the Aeon Collection. I would recommend if your into VST to buy the Aeon collection when on sale. Heavyocity has about 2 sales per year on their products. There big sale is usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

These RE devices would be awesome if you were able to load your own samples.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

18 May 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
18 May 2018
I brought these when they first came out, there are some nice sounds in it. As for scoring tools in reason RE format these are probably one of your best options.

That being said these are crippled versions of their VST counterpart the Aeon Collection. I would recommend if your into VST to buy the Aeon collection when on sale. Heavyocity has about 2 sales per year on their products. There big sale is usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hum...those 2 RE tell me i will avoid Heavyocity at 100%.
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

21 May 2018

Loque wrote:
18 May 2018
ltbrunt00 wrote:
18 May 2018

Hum...those 2 RE tell me i will avoid Heavyocity at 100%.
Some of there products are quite nice. but I would recommend only buying there products on sale.

djadalaide

25 May 2018

Its ok, just a bit thin on presets.. You have no internal preset selection mechanism so you're bound to the 30 or so they give you.

djadalaide

25 May 2018

This epytomizes the whole rack extension format and how propellerheads sells it to developers and users, they don't push their developers far enough, and they don't push far enough to get new users. Just ranting..

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 May 2018

For what it’s worth, I bought the bundle and thought it was so bad that I wrote to Propellerheads and had them take it off my account so I’d never have to see it again. But that’s just my opinion of course. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Michaellos

26 May 2018

I do NOT recommend buying it. Poor sounds, poor possibilities, primitive sound design in patches included - poor everything. Just imo.

sleep1979

26 May 2018

The synth one didn't sound amazing,so I got the organic one ,

sleep1979

27 May 2018

the organic one actually sounds lush and nice , i just wish it had more presets

ltbrunt00

30 May 2018

I will say that I have found a use one time or another for every device in my rack. I agree with everyone in this thread but do try like experimenting with all devices even the crappy ones.

sleep1979

30 May 2018

Heavyocity are a top company , i agree that the preset count is ballax , but a lot of people use there kontakt libaries for scoring movies, so i dont get all the hate , saying that i have the organic and , a kontakt libary natural forces, not the synth one maybe that one is shite , i tried that one without trying it lol.

Re8et
Competition Winner

31 May 2018

I made couple of songs with Aquios, haven't tried the others (Romplers- like AEON also)

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

Can everyone explain what they dont like about it ? I actually use my copy of aeon organic , it just didnt have enough presets , like they quickly stuck it together to earn some cash and thats why it has dissapeared and i think thats due to not having enough presets because the vst version is massive in comparison

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Can everyone explain what they dont like about it ? I actually use my copy of aeon organic , it just didnt have enough presets , like they quickly stuck it together to earn some cash and thats why it has dissapeared and i think thats due to not having enough presets because the vst version is massive in comparison
Read this. Especially the comments by Esselfortium and Hurricane. Pretty much answers your question:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7507062&hilit=Aeon+bundle
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
07 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Read this. Especially the comments by Esselfortium and Hurricane. Pretty much answers your question:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7507062&hilit=Aeon+bundle
I commented there 🙂

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

Ha! It's been so long since I've touched these that I think I'll re-install them and see if i think differently about them today.

And I know they'll probably never tell us, but I'm curious to know the real reason why the products were pulled. Were Heavyocity's feelings hurt and they took their shit back in spite like little babies or did Propellerhead realize what a scam they were pulling and save future Reasoners from making the same mistake.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

sleep1979

07 Mar 2019

hurricane wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Ha! It's been so long since I've touched these that I think I'll re-install them and see if i think differently about them today.

And I know they'll probably never tell us, but I'm curious to know the real reason why the products were pulled. Were Heavyocity's feelings hurt and they took their shit back in spite like little babies or did Propellerhead realize what a scam they were pulling and save future Reasoners from making the same mistake.
That doesnt make sense though because they could have added more samples i just think they must have got bad vibes ( emails from people

scratchnsnifff

07 Mar 2019

I like the sound of the samples and filters etc.

But it’s annoying that you can only choose from presets? You don’t get to start from scratch and choose which sample. Users of these two products are forced to go in the preset browser and find a patch and then select adsr settings

It was a great snag on sale but not worth full price due to that main workflow issue

Otherwise it’s fun. I’m not saying it has bad presets, it’s just such a weird way to work. I actually like the presets. I mainly don’t want sounds all ready for me.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information