CV Player Tap, free from Lectric Panda

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ljekio

16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
One site note: MoPol seems to have a problem with retriggering gates so i took "Polymodular System CV Breakout Box" for Poly-CV conversions.
I am dunno about polymodular system functional what have some REs, but as example MoPol very well collect mono cv into standard pseudo polyphonic CV and I created with MoPol adapter for CV drummachines into one CV/Gate pair without problem.

Loque

16 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
One site note: MoPol seems to have a problem with retriggering gates so i took "Polymodular System CV Breakout Box" for Poly-CV conversions.
I am dunno about polymodular system functional what have some REs, but as example MoPol very well collect mono cv into standard pseudo polyphonic CV and I created with MoPol adapter for CV drummachines into one CV/Gate pair without problem.
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes. The CV Breakout Box does the same, but works in my case.
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes.
You tried all outputs (A, B, C) for it?
If all of my drums was triggered then MoPol triggered it?

lakinlakin

16 May 2018

Hi,
I use this with Korde and like to put multiple sequences into a single pattern lane (usually 3 or 4)
Trouble is I can't figure out a way to 'solo/mute' a sequence like I can in Propulsion.
I wonder if anyone knows a way to isolate a single Korde sequence?
Thanks

Loque

16 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Holding notes and then adding notes does not retrigger the gate for the new notes.
You tried all outputs (A, B, C) for it?
If all of my drums was triggered then MoPol triggered it?
No, i tried only A. But the weird thing was, that C was blinking too on gates.
Reason12, Win10

abeonis

16 May 2018

Well, I tried to download the CVPT from Props store but I am required to upgrade my Reason version first. So I must stay with the workaround Sending notes to track in Reason 9. I use it with the ABL3 and Step Note Recorder.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

Loque

16 May 2018

Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

Please note, it plays endlessly, but you can control the gates from Lolth.
Attachments
Random Notes.zip
(4.4 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Reason12, Win10

Catblack

16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Here is a lil example of a Subtractor that plays itself endlessly pretty random. A few more (free) CV devices required to spread moooarrrr CV... Enjoy!

I threw some other subtractor patches at it (which changed the LFO) and got some fun sounds out of it.

Your sound design is excellent!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

17 May 2018

Catblack wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
16 May 2018

I threw some other subtractor patches at it (which changed the LFO) and got some fun sounds out of it.

Your sound design is excellent!
ty. Yes, i guess this is just a basic setup. Now a lot more stuff is possible with cv->notes and notes->cv.
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

I created a vid for Tap player flow,it's just some random experimentation, not a real tut or nothing overly complicated.
Really nice, thnx Panda!

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018

Soo good!!! Tnx Loque!!

Here's my patch from the vid, try it while trialling Kompulsion, also Propulsion is at 9$, :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
LECTRIC KONG TAPCHAIN.zip
(20.31 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Loque

18 May 2018

Re8et wrote:
18 May 2018
I created a vid for Tap player flow,it's just some random experimentation, not a real tut or nothing overly complicated.
Really nice, thnx Panda!
Cool stuff!
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018

Quite sweet.... :thumbs_up:

Attached is a CV tap chain. The point of this chain is you can just drag and drop the Taps onto other Combinators or devices to create quick layers, ideally linking 2 or more combinators together.

The RPG-8 is there so if you join combinators you can also link up the mod and pitch bend wheels.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (141.68 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
CV tap.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

ljekio

18 May 2018

A lot of different applications for inputs.
But what about the outputs?
I have not figured it out.
Not for drummachines, that's for sure.

Loque

19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
18 May 2018
A lot of different applications for inputs.
But what about the outputs?
I have not figured it out.
Not for drummachines, that's for sure.
You can play a bunch of synths with individual chords within one combination, trigger airmail synths, drums or whatever, play parts of a cord with different instruments...
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

19 May 2018

only for poly spread for same type instruments, as i thought.
but maybe there is yet another things?

Loque

19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
19 May 2018
only for poly spread for same type instruments, as i thought.
but maybe there is yet another things?
Grab a chord and send it to an EQ like Seligs or Rob Papens... Be creative...
Reason12, Win10

ljekio

19 May 2018

CVPT works with Inputs like MIDI-CV Converter from Soundlove (and have double more channels), but Outputs ...
It's impossible to use it for percussion, unlike MIDI-CV Converter.
But I still don't buy the MIDI-CV Converter Player. :)
It's slightly overpriced for me.

Catblack

19 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
19 May 2018
CVPT works with Inputs like MIDI-CV Converter from Soundlove (and have double more channels), but Outputs ...
It's impossible to use it for percussion, unlike MIDI-CV Converter.
But I still don't buy the MIDI-CV Converter Player. :)
It's slightly overpriced for me.
I agree with everything you say here. I do like that there a variety of options, and that while there is overlap in the two devices, there is far more you can do with Soundlove's than you can with CV Player Tap. Though you can get by with the free one quite well!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

rcbuse
RE Developer

19 May 2018

This device really had two basic goals:

Allow the older Lectric Panda CV devices access to the player stream via the inputs. Input gates are fixed to Kong and Redrum mappings.
Allow chaining/cloning of the player streams using the outputs and inputs.

I really didn't want to step on the toes of current and future players from other developers with this device, considering its free. That feature list is probably where this device is going to end. I'm sure there will be many more devices to come with all kinds of splitting and CV allocation options.

rcbuse
RE Developer

19 May 2018

Not a problem at all. I appreciate all the thanks and feedback from everyone!

motuscott

19 May 2018

Lectric Panda for president
Selig for special prosecutor
Mattias for Michael Cohen

no offence, I have nothing but love for the "Reason sound" and it's discontents.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

theshoemaker

23 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
19 May 2018
This device really had two basic goals:

Allow the older Lectric Panda CV devices access to the player stream via the inputs. Input gates are fixed to Kong and Redrum mappings.
Allow chaining/cloning of the player streams using the outputs and inputs.

I really didn't want to step on the toes of current and future players from other developers with this device, considering its free. That feature list is probably where this device is going to end. I'm sure there will be many more devices to come with all kinds of splitting and CV allocation options.
It's just perfect for all of your current lineup and other utils. I wish there would be an option to add a device as player directly, like the PSQ.
Really a joy to connect PSQ to CVPT
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

• Information