Introducing Grain Farm

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
jmerdsoy

15 May 2018

Hello all! I've just developed a Refill for Grain Sample Manipulator based on acoustic instrument samples. Specifically, I sampled up to 16 commonly used chords on 7 different instruments (Upright Piano, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Lap Steel, Mandolin and Accordion) and created 20 versatile patches for each instrument, in 4 different categories: Chords (for maximum original instrument resonance), FX, Melody and Pads. Check out my site and have a listen to the demos. Thanks!

www.grain-farm.com

jimmyklane

15 May 2018

jmerdsoy wrote:
15 May 2018
Hello all! I've just developed a Refill for Grain Sample Manipulator based on acoustic instrument samples. Specifically, I sampled up to 16 commonly used chords on 7 different instruments (Upright Piano, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Lap Steel, Mandolin and Accordion) and created 20 versatile patches for each instrument, in 4 different categories: Chords (for maximum original instrument resonance), FX, Melody and Pads. Check out my site and have a listen to the demos. Thanks!

www.grain-farm.com
Awesome! I’ll have to check this out. I’m currently in the middle of a refill project as well, so it’s always cool to see what others do!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

qn5

17 May 2018

Copped.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

jmerdsoy

17 May 2018

qn5 wrote:
17 May 2018
Copped.
What do you mean?

jmerdsoy

17 May 2018

Hi all, I've added a video to www.grain-farm.com showing some of the functionality of Grain Farm. Check it out!

Justin

esselfortium

17 May 2018

Nice work, what was your process like for recording the samples?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

jmerdsoy

17 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
17 May 2018
Nice work, what was your process like for recording the samples?
Thanks!
Five mics on each instrument (six on the piano)...close mic(s), stereo pair and ambient pair. I played each chord on each instrument until I got a nice clean ringing sustain. Edit, chop, noise reduce.

jmerdsoy

17 May 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
15 May 2018
jmerdsoy wrote:
15 May 2018

www.grain-farm.com
Awesome! I’ll have to check this out. I’m currently in the middle of a refill project as well, so it’s always cool to see what others do!
What are you making?

nickb523
RE Developer

17 May 2018

Good stuff Justin. Some great sounds in there!

Nick :)

jmerdsoy

17 May 2018

nickb523 wrote:
17 May 2018
Good stuff Justin. Some great sounds in there!

Nick :)
Thanks Nick! My hat's off to yours as well. Very fine work.

jimmyklane

17 May 2018

jmerdsoy wrote:
17 May 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
15 May 2018

What are you making?
Late reply sorry!

I’m creating a refill for Europa, Grain, NN-XT, and RV7000mkII of all of my analog synths sampled into the Ensoniq EPS 16+. Convolution impulses of all of the effects (which are really great)...the sampler gives a really unique and gritty sound to everything you run through it, and I’ve found that you can make some truly huge sounds on it.

It’s a very time consuming and labor intensive project, but I think that putting out there for free with some nice custom combinator wrappers and solid control/CV routings will make people more likely to purchase future releases and my Kontakt version of this instrument (which goes a fair bit deeper)

Just today I took a sample of oscillator sync sweeps and put it into Europa as a wavetable, then sampled Europa into the EPS....everything simply sounds cooler when ran through that unit!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

jmerdsoy

18 May 2018

Nice! I'll be keeping my eye on you :)

qn5

15 Jul 2018

jmerdsoy wrote:
17 May 2018
qn5 wrote:
17 May 2018
Copped.
What do you mean?
Sorry, I forget this isn't a hip hop forum hahah. Just means "purchased". :)
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

• Information