Recording with Propellerhead's new Drum Sequencer

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
DoctoralHermit

13 May 2018

Hey all! Loving the Drum Sequencer so far, especially its polyrhymthic abilities. But I'm having a weird issue with actually recording it... When I don't press the main Play button in the DAW, but rather just the "Run" button in the Drum Sequencer, it seems to work the way I want it to... If i change patterns midway through, it will keep the main rhythm, switching to the next pattern on the next playthrough. However, when I play and record these pattern changes on the DAW, it seems to start new patterns the exact moment I press the pattern button, making it very difficult to time correctly. Any idea why its doing this?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 May 2018

Automate the patterns then draw them in like you would a doctor Rex. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DoctoralHermit

17 May 2018

So it's really not possible to click "record," mess around with the patterns, and have it record in the way I heard when I played it?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2018

Don’t know...what does the Direct Record switch do?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Noplan
Competition Winner

17 May 2018

DoctoralHermit wrote:
17 May 2018
So it's really not possible to click "record," mess around with the patterns, and have it record in the way I heard when I played it?
You have to create an automation line for the patterns and select it when you hit the record button.

• Information