Retrazoo Delay effect in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

15 May 2018

Front_web_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg
Front_web_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg (84.99 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
Back_web_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg
Back_web_png_10000x10000_q85.jpg (68.29 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
Retrazoo Delay effect

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ay-effect/

RetraZoo is a new delay effect unit designed by MagmaSonic. RetraZoo is made up of 5 main sections: - Delay section - Filter section - LFO Modulation section - Envelope Follower Modulation section - Main Mix section

The Filters can be configured as Lowpass or Highpass Filters, in either a serial or parallel style configuration. RetraZoo can produce complex modulation by blending both LFOs and the Envelope Follower t internal modulation amount parameters, or externally through CV to modulate other devices in the Rack. Additionally, the output stage "Spice" parameter can be used to thicken up the processed audio.

Product details:
RetraZoo is ideal for defining ambient, dark and sound effects sounds in your tracks, use the Time parameter of the Delay section modulated with the LFOs and you will get a crazy sound queue. The Pan parameter and the switch on the back allow you to open the sounds in the stereo field. Try it. The configuration of filters in series or parallel will allow you to mold the sounds easily. The two LFOs will allow extreme modulations and you can take the output of each LFO through the CV outputs to modulate internal or external parameters in other devices in your rack. The envelope follower will allow you to modulate a lot of parameters and in the Mix section you can print character to your sounds with a Spice touch at the outputs.

Special offer: Full Price!
Something must have gone wrong when they set the price, so that might change in the future.
:reason: 12, Win10

Loque

15 May 2018

Sounds pretty nice. Gonna try it. Just miss a breakout.
Reason12, Win10

Galaxy

16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
It does look cool. What do you mean by breakout? Feedback loop? Ya that would be nice.

Loque

16 May 2018

Galaxy wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
It does look cool. What do you mean by breakout? Feedback loop? Ya that would be nice.
Exactly. I love the breakouts on my other delays (The Echo, BBD). Just wish some other delays had this too.
Reason12, Win10

drno
RE Developer

16 May 2018

Loque wrote:
16 May 2018
Galaxy wrote:
16 May 2018

Exactly. I love the breakouts on my other delays (The Echo, BBD). Just wish some other delays had this too.
I`ll add to next update.

Loque

17 May 2018

drno wrote:
16 May 2018
Loque wrote:
16 May 2018

I`ll add to next update.
Bam! Nice!
Reason12, Win10

drno
RE Developer

24 May 2018

Free Update 1.1 Add BreakOut FeedBack Loop

Loque

24 May 2018

drno wrote:
24 May 2018
Free Update 1.1 Add BreakOut FeedBack Loop

:o That was quick! This is a nice addition imo! Thx!
Reason12, Win10

Loque

24 May 2018

Nice device. I really like that it has a lot of CV inputs, that is something i miss all the time in The Echo. The Breakouts are a really nice addition.

But a few points that are not my favorite limitations are that it goes only down to 1/8T in sync mode and the Dry/Wet does not seem to be, i dunno, exponential? At 1% i clearly can hear the fx. Also the CV in (at least for the Cutoff) are some how mixed with the modulation of the internal modulation in does not change the cutoff value directly - well, could not figure it out completely, but the result is way different thatn modulating the Knob or the CV - maybe i missed something here?

Well, it produces some interesting sounds. Here is a quick example, where i hooked up a few Malstroem for modulation and one for additional sound shaping within the break out loop. It is not a simple delay, because this is too standard for a delay device and ofc also for me :-)... I gonna look for more at the weekend.

Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
24 May 2018
Nice device. I really like that it has a lot of CV inputs, that is something i miss all the time in The Echo. The Breakouts are a really nice addition.

But a few points that are not my favorite limitations are that it goes only down to 1/8T in sync mode and the Dry/Wet does not seem to be, i dunno, exponential? At 1% i clearly can hear the fx. Also the CV in (at least for the Cutoff) are some how mixed with the modulation of the internal modulation in does not change the cutoff value directly - well, could not figure it out completely, but the result is way different thatn modulating the Knob or the CV - maybe i missed something here?

Well, it produces some interesting sounds. Here is a quick example, where i hooked up a few Malstroem for modulation and one for additional sound shaping within the break out loop. It is not a simple delay, because this is too standard for a delay device and ofc also for me :-)... I gonna look for more at the weekend.

Over a year later. Couldn’t find anything on Retrazoo other than this thread. Do you use it? Does it offer anything different? Did any of the stuff you mentioned get fixed? Just wondering :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

21 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
24 May 2018

Over a year later. Couldn’t find anything on Retrazoo other than this thread. Do you use it? Does it offer anything different? Did any of the stuff you mentioned get fixed? Just wondering :).
No, and no :-D

I was in the beta and mentioned those points there too. I do not own the device and it was not worth for me to buy it. It had potential, but nothing happened so far. So no, i do not use it and nothing special in the fs for me to buy it.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
21 Jun 2019

I was in the beta and mentioned those points there too. I do not own the device and it was not worth for me to buy it. It had potential, but nothing happened so far. So no, i do not use it and nothing special in the fs for me to buy it.
Great. Thanks. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

22 Jun 2019

I LOVE this delay ! I own it a year ago...

For me this is very special delay device as it's capable of adding some veeeery nice delay structures to the sound. It's simple and very effective. The main key parts of this device are filters and LFOs. With these functions I am able to get very vivid, organic and unusual rhytmic delay structures that sounds very cool. Delay color could be sculpted in many different ways by combining various filter settings (parallel/serial mode, changing filter types and cutoff independently for both filters) and rhytmic organic movement could by added with modulation of pan, cutoff 1 cutoff 2, etc.

drno
RE Developer

24 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
21 Jun 2019

Update 1.3 More sync options were added in the Delay and LFO sections. Advice on CV entries: The knob of the parameter (for example, Cutoff1) is the offset and the CV inputs (bipolar data) are added or minus to the knob offset.

• Information