Vintage Digital volume one

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
jimmyklane

26 Apr 2018

Hey everyone! I’m working on a massive refill for NNXT/NN19 that I’m calling “Vintage Digital”.

This is a massive labor of love, running my synths and drum machines through multiple samplers to get their sonic imprint and then it’s over to the MPC for drums and the EMU for everything else.

That part is almost done, now it’s sampling them into Reason and top/tail for presets in both the NN19 and NNXT.

I’m going to release the first preset here as it’s own smaller refill for everybody to check out.

My question: is there any interest in a project like this?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

moneykube

26 Apr 2018

of course it is of interest... looking forward to what you come up with
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Catblack

26 Apr 2018

I'd be interested in hearing what you are doing!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

miscend

05 May 2018

Yes! Count me for in.

Mr. Watts

07 May 2018

+1 My cup of tea

16BitBear

08 May 2018

Yes, indeed, I am interested. :)

jimmyklane

08 May 2018

Hey everyone! Im going to try and use the new SDK to create something a little more polished than simply a huge refill of NN-XT patches. Having a nice GUI with more manipulations of the samples and if possible a switching matrix to allow for (for example) the input and output sample rates of my first instrument, the Ensoniq EPS 16+.

Once I got into the project creating a simple 2-oscillator “polysynth” from a Moog monosynth, I realized that to really make this instrument shine I needed versions of the sample in each of the input rates:

44.6kHz
29.8kHz
22.3kHz
17.9kHz
14.8kHz
12.8kHz
11.2kHz

That in itself is a big project, as even though you get the biggest “flavor” of the instrument by sampling one single note and allowing the sampler to transpose up and down the keyboard, to actually CAPTURE that sound requires that you sample at least every minor third (C, D#, F#, A in each octave)...and what about the legendary effects? The one section of an Ensoniq D/P4? These simply cannot be faked. I’ve tried with everything I have at my disposal, which is fairly significant.

So: all of this said, it may take a while, but I want to release a “teaser” refill of one sound at one sample rate with one effect that I choose for the sound, and then I’m going to attempt to learn the new SDK with the new instrument-builder. I’d like to have full-blown GUIs and functionality but it’s a huge project that must come in-between work/family/making music/client projects, and some form of social life.

So it may be awhile, but please subscribe to this thread as I will post about the intro instrument here and get your feedback on the first small step!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

• Information