Reason 10.1 - New Players + Europa Sample Import - Out Now!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Emian

05 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018
seqoi wrote:
05 May 2018
But PH Drum Sequencer and Kompulsion seems like a same thing to me right? Two devices doing same thing?
There is a little overlap since they are both grid based sequencers.

Korde + Propulsion = Kompulsion.
hey Panda, i' m a big fan of your products & i own quite some. but as an owner of both Korde & ProPulsion, i don't know if i'll be abel t ojustify a purchase of a product that seems to be a combination of previous both, making those kinda obsolete ?

Just speculating here ofcourse, as we don't actually know what will actually happen/be released next week ....
Last edited by Emian on 05 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Emian

05 May 2018

Emian wrote:
05 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018

hey Panda, i' m a big fan of your products & i own quite some. but as an owner of both Korde & ProPulsion, i don't know if i'll be able to justify a purchase of a product that seems to be a combination of previous both, making those kinda obsolete ?

Just speculating here ofcourse, as we don't actually know what will actually happen/be released next week ....

Emian

05 May 2018

sorry for the double post !

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 May 2018

Emian wrote:
05 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018

hey Panda, i' m a big fan of your products & i own quite some. but as an owner of both Korde & ProPulsion, i don't know if i'll be abel t ojustify a purchase of a product that seems to be a combination of previous both, making those kinda obsolete ?

I'm sure there are quite a few people in the same boat. I'm waiting to see what shows up in the shop, if someone comes up with a CV -> player adapter or if I'll write one myself for Korde and Propulsion owners. As for Kompulsion, its a ground up rewrite and will probably put Korde and Propulsion into retirement for most people. It has a ton of more features.
Last edited by rcbuse on 05 May 2018, edited 2 times in total.

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 May 2018

---
Last edited by rcbuse on 05 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

electrofux

05 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 May 2018
AzureEyes wrote:
05 May 2018

There's no excuse.

They could of had a tab for each of the Oscillators and Spectral Filters or even had a similar set up like Expanse!
Very very disappointing implementation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Perhaps make an assessment after you’ ve tried it? :)
I should have said "it looks" because you are right, lets see what it is like. But i also think just one slot is a nice addition anyways.

And whaa just saw the video is on ... watching :P

Emian

05 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018

I'm sure there are quite a few people in the same boat. I'm waiting to see what shows up in the shop, if someone comes up with a CV -> player adapter or if I'll write one myself for Korde and Propulsion owners. As for Kompulsion, its a ground up rewrite and will probably put Korde and Propulsion into retirement for most people. It has a ton of more features.
ok i understand that.... nice that you'd take the affort to write a cv -> player device, that shows what a great company you represent !
it's just that i can't justify myself buyin' a device that will put 2 other devices i paid for to the "will-be-never-used-again" shelf , wich does a lot of things those previous devices did...

Still, i'm curious what you come up with !

electrofux

05 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018
Interesting.

So the Sequencer has more than 16 Steps an steplength per track which is cool.

But what are the numbers in the repeat row. 3/2,3/4 flm2 ?
And what else is beyond the velocity selector, looks like alot of per step possibilites. Getting a bit hyped.

Edit: and what is the ZVORK device you can see in the video in the list.

There also seem to be microsteps, notice how some trigs are smaller and at different positions within a trig. And wtf is that one trig in the claps row at the end - a small dot in the top and the bottom of the trig??

Michaellos

05 May 2018

No scalable rack and mixer in this update, unfortunately ((

scratchnsnifff

05 May 2018

so I'm really hoping the propellerhead player isn't a purchased extension. i would assume they would make it included as the incremental updates are free, maybe it will be the same ordeal as with synchronous and audiomatic?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

xylyx

05 May 2018

Emian wrote:
05 May 2018
rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018
ok i understand that.... nice that you'd take the affort to write a cv -> player device, that shows what a great company you represent !
it's just that i can't justify myself buyin' a device that will put 2 other devices i paid for to the "will-be-never-used-again" shelf , wich does a lot of things those previous devices did...

Still, i'm curious what you come up with !
In the same boat, owning both - Props should really add the ability to allow for crossgrades or upgrade pricing. I also own Euclid, so wonder what the score is regarding that for current owners.

Will the third party players be available to 9.5 owners?

esselfortium

05 May 2018

xylyx wrote:
05 May 2018
Probably not. New versions of the RE SDK have never been backported to old Reason versions before.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

seqoi

05 May 2018

guitfnky wrote:
05 May 2018
seqoi wrote:
05 May 2018
Fingers crossed that new drum sequencer have (i don't see them but the might be in context menu) Redrum sequencer functions like

- Random pattern,
- Alter pattern
- Random drum note
- Alter drum note
I think on one of the screenshots there’s a label for something like probability or something. hopefully that’ll cover one or both of your last two items. as for randomizing the pattern, I have to imagine that’ll be in there (seems like a fairly standard thing to include for this sort of thing). they have alter notes on the chords and scales player, so fingers crossed they’ll include that here too.

Yeah if you look here (pause)
you can see that at the top there is CLEAR command but with drop down and clearly you can select which lanes you want to be processed. My guess is that there in the drop down we will be able to find these commands such as random or alter..

All this is very cool to me.

L. Panda thanks. I have propulsion but i will buy Kompulsion no problem. Oh and Robotic Bean Euclidian look so sexy. What Mattias previewed looks so cool.

I wonder what device is Zvork adding to the table...

FlowerSoldier

05 May 2018

May 8th can't get here quick enough! I'm geeking out over here.

Electric-Metal

05 May 2018

FlowerSoldier wrote:
05 May 2018
May 8th can't get here quick enough! I'm geeking out over here.
Out of curiosty, what have I missed? Where has May 8th been announced.
Enlighten me, pleeeaase :mrgreen:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Fantomas

05 May 2018

at 2:06 in the video

Bixbambi

05 May 2018

rcbuse wrote:
05 May 2018
---
I'm sure there are quite a few people in the same boat.
Je suis dans le bateau. (I am in the boat)

Electric-Metal

05 May 2018

Fantomas wrote:
05 May 2018
at 2:06 in the video
Thanks, dude :thumbs_up:

xylyx

05 May 2018

esselfortium wrote:
05 May 2018
xylyx wrote:
05 May 2018
Probably not. New versions of the RE SDK have never been backported to old Reason versions before.
The only reason I thought they might is because player devices were added in v9, so I figured the SDK might have already allowed for them. We'll know in a few days, I guess...

Electric-Metal

05 May 2018

xylyx wrote:
05 May 2018
I figured the SDK might have already allowed for them. We'll know in a few days, I guess...
In that case, we would have already seen some 3rd party player devices I guess.

ljekio

05 May 2018

Nice to see user wave at the filter section of Europa, but it lack of audio inputs like Thor and Malstrom for another filter users.

esselfortium

05 May 2018

ljekio wrote:
05 May 2018
Nice to see user wave at the filter section of Europa, but it lack of audio inputs like Thor and Malstrom for another filter users.
I don't think that's possible to add. Like Mattias explains in the Superbooth video, the spectral filter isn't really a "filter" in the usual sense, but instead part of the waveform generator itself.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

antic604

05 May 2018

So no update to the GUI just yet, but the way Mattias phrased his reply to both questions make me hopeful they're actually working on that :)
Mattias.png
Mattias.png (462.07 KiB) Viewed 3301 times

Jagwah

05 May 2018

Looks so cool I can't wait for the 8th!!!

Jagwah

05 May 2018

antic604 wrote:
05 May 2018
So no update to the GUI just yet, but the way Mattias phrased his reply to both questions make me hopeful they're actually working on that :)
To be honest I only see very typical "Dealing with customers 101" type responses there. "We'll take that into consideration" and "I'll pass that on to the right people" sounds like the same response that is dished out many times to many different people, by many different companies.

Still, it might be being worked on this very minute.

Time to get excited for 10.1 !!!! :D

• Information