Manticore in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2018

Manticore by SoftPhonics
Manticore%20Front_e6NjHyf_png_10000x10000_q85.png
Manticore%20Front_e6NjHyf_png_10000x10000_q85.png (298.15 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
Manticore%20back_xPPHVvY_t5vNI5H_png_10000x10000_q85.png
Manticore%20back_xPPHVvY_t5vNI5H_png_10000x10000_q85.png (235.87 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... manticore/

Manticore is an EFX RE:
• Four Band Distortion, Reducer, Compressor
• Warms & Saturates drums and synths
• Built in Mod Matrix

Someone's been busy lately... A nice and tidy front. Press Tab for monster!
:reason: 12, Win10

RobC

27 Apr 2018

Ooh, the 3D model looks fancy! Does anybody know if Propellerhead plans to make more use of the 3D models soon?

scratchnsnifff

27 Apr 2018

Any plans on making multiple audio outputs? I always like me some multiband processing.

I love the back panel picture :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Wickline

27 Apr 2018

This looks very interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

TheNoog

27 Apr 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Any plans on making multiple audio outputs? I always like me some multiband processing.

I love the back panel picture :)
The picture, yes. Nothing else to see on that backpanel.

hurricane
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2018

I can't be the only one who pictures a magician being attacked when looking at this.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

nickb523
RE Developer

27 Apr 2018

hurricane wrote:
27 Apr 2018
I can't be the only one who pictures a magician being attacked when looking at this.
Possibly in the Elder Scrolls universe. :)

GRIFTY

27 Apr 2018

~~~redacted~~~
Last edited by GRIFTY on 03 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager

27 Apr 2018

I've never been in the multi-band thing... i am missing something ?! Anyone has some good argument ?

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 Apr 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
27 Apr 2018
who has ever thought it was a good idea to sell a sound device without sound samples, i'll never understand.
I guess that it what the 30 day trial is for right?

I mean this is clearly a creative effect rack extension, so different users will use it in different ways,
It doesn't produce sound, It alters what is put through it.

I'd understand with an instrument to put up demos of the actual raw sound. But with effects, if you like what you see, and can see yourself using it, well the trial is free!
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

geronimo

27 Apr 2018

What's Angle control (between Level & Pan), please ?

Voyager

27 Apr 2018

geronimo wrote:
27 Apr 2018

What's Angle control (between Level & Pan), please ?

I guess it's refered to the "Tilt" function in the manual, they seems to have changed the name to "Angle" in the gui but didn't make the correction in the manual.

From the manual : Tilt adjust filter mode from highpass, through notch or bandpass, to highpass.

To be confirmed by the devs.

Softphonics

27 Apr 2018

Voyager wrote:
27 Apr 2018

To be confirmed by the devs.
Correct Voyager ;)

Changed name to angle
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

geronimo

27 Apr 2018

Does this concern the two High and Low Bypass, at the top left of the GUI ?

Hauser+Quaid

27 Apr 2018

Voyager wrote:
27 Apr 2018
I've never been in the multi-band thing... i am missing something ?! Anyone has some good argument ?
If you haven't needed it, you're probably not missing anything. I use multi-band distortion and compression on every song. Sometimes I want to distort the low-mids but leave the sub bass pure. Sometimes I want to hit the high-mids with a little touch and then really mangle the super-highs, etc. It's really handy and produces great results.

Will definitely demo this at some point, I'm always on the look-out for distortions!

Jmax

27 Apr 2018

Congrats on the release! this looks very nice.

scratchnsnifff

27 Apr 2018

Voyager wrote:
27 Apr 2018
I can’t speak for guitar players but I think it use to be a trick among studio guitarists. But in the realm of dubstep it is absolutely perfect for making crazy bass sounds.
Sometimes adding distortion to the overall signal can make the low end less prominent. So adding distortion to the mids and highs can add the brightness without destroying the low end. Multiband processing really gets creative when you have control over each band.
For example, you can use the yoko band splitter and add a 3 distortion units (using a very slight amount of distortion on the bottom frequencies)
The second and third distortion units can have any crazy settings, but say you want some stereo effects, add a chorus to the mids
Add a phaser on the highs, maybe a delay as well
Or you could have 3 distortions and 3 separate filters with different modulations
Basically multiband processing is just another way to treat a sound but it offers more control because you can dissect the sound and treat certain frequency ranges
the OTT compressor from ableton is essential this concept but just with compressors
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

FLVZ

28 Apr 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
27 Apr 2018
who has ever thought it was a good idea to sell a sound device without sound samples, i'll never understand.
What you find in these forums is a lot of chatter amongst people about the device before they've even used it? Commenting mainly on how the sound demos sound without actually trying the device (or knowing what kind of additional processing has been done to the demos). So by not having audio examples its more likely to encourage serious people to try it out themselves? This is just what I assume anyway

eusti

28 Apr 2018

Flavolous wrote:
28 Apr 2018
GRIFTY wrote:
27 Apr 2018
What you find in these forums is a lot of chatter amongst people about the device before they've even used it? Commenting mainly on how the sound demos sound without actually trying the device (or knowing what kind of additional processing has been done to the demos). So by not having audio examples its more likely to encourage serious people to try it out themselves? This is just what I assume anyway
I actually agree with Grifty here. I absolutely hate the internet sign in with Reason when trialing a RE, that's why I only try REs that I know I'm very interested in... I love to know what I can expect even with an FX to figure out if I want to test it...

D.

Softphonics

29 Apr 2018

eusti wrote:
28 Apr 2018
Flavolous wrote:
28 Apr 2018

I actually agree with Grifty here. I absolutely hate the internet sign in with Reason when trialing a RE, that's why I only try REs that I know I'm very interested in... I love to know what I can expect even with an FX to figure out if I want to test it...

D.

Here you are guys,

It just was not added to the shop page because Propellerhead don't work weekends. Should be on the shop page by morning

Can be used as:
- Distortion Unit
- Lo-Fi unit
- Compressor
- Frequency Filter
- Pan Splitter
- Saturation device
- Multi Band effect
- All of the above combined & Modulated

-----------------------------------------
------

eusti

29 Apr 2018

Softphonics wrote:
29 Apr 2018

Here you are guys,

It just was not added to the shop page because Propellerhead don't work weekends. Should be on the shop page by morning

Can be used as:
- Distortion Unit
- Lo-Fi unit
- Compressor
- Frequency Filter
- Pan Splitter
- Saturation device
- Multi Band effect
- All of the above combined & Modulated

-----------------------------------------
👍

Great! Thank you. This helps! :)

D.

TheNoog

30 Apr 2018

GRIFTY wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Without samples? What about without CV inputs?

Softphonics

30 Apr 2018

TheNoog wrote:
30 Apr 2018
GRIFTY wrote:
27 Apr 2018
Put Manticore in a combinator and you have CV control over anything you want......
------

fieldframe
RE Developer

30 Apr 2018

Softphonics wrote:
30 Apr 2018
TheNoog wrote:
30 Apr 2018

Put Manticore in a combinator and you have CV control over anything you want......
I think everyone knows that; it's just a better user experience to have the most commonly used CV inputs on the back. The Combinator CV control was presumably intended for more advanced or unconventional routings, not to replace the basics.

If the CV inputs were left off due to IDT limitations (can you make standalone effects units with the IDT now?), that's understandable, though hopefully PH/UJam will add support in a future update.

TheNoog

30 Apr 2018

Softphonics wrote:
30 Apr 2018
TheNoog wrote:
30 Apr 2018

Put a couple more things in a combinator and you get Manticore.

• Information