Layers wave edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2018

hurricane wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Soooo....am I the only one who got the discount code that drops this down to $69 or what? Thanks, but still not buying it.
According to that email, anyone who already owns layers, will get a 30% discount.
:reason: 12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2018

Adabler wrote:
12 Apr 2018
hurricane wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Soooo....am I the only one who got the discount code that drops this down to $69 or what? Thanks, but still not buying it.
According to that email, anyone who already owns layers, will get a 30% discount.
Interesting thing is that I don't own Layers and the discount code still works.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Nielsen

16 Apr 2018

I'm having this extension on trial but I cannot seem to find samples that sound anything like the sounds heard in some of the Waldorf Wave demos on YouTube. Does this instrument only have a selection of the sounds from the real instrument? In that case Layers is definitely overpriced.

Soeno

16 Apr 2018

it is just "inspired"

Nielsen

16 Apr 2018

Soeno wrote:
16 Apr 2018
it is just "inspired"
No, the manual says the following: "The multi-samples in Layers WAVE Edition originate from the legendary Waldorf Wave, a monster hybrid digital- analog wavetable synthesizer that was built only a few hundred times in the mid 90s and used by the crème de la crème of synthesizer artists."

I get that the synth features of the Layers device is not a direct copy of Waldorf Wave, but the samples originate from it. So back to my question above.

spacefarmer

22 Apr 2018

I tried to download Wave yesterday evening and it took the whole night without finishing...
This morning the same f...... game.
All the other downloads were as fast as usual.
Any similar experience?

craven

24 Apr 2018

geronimo wrote:
12 Apr 2018
hurricane wrote:
11 Apr 2018
No code for me _
do you guys think that Props are using some sort of A/B testing to see if we react to those codes or not? I wonder why some get codes early, others late or not at all (user errors aside).
:ugeek:

Soeno

24 Apr 2018

spacefarmer wrote:
22 Apr 2018
I tried to download Wave yesterday evening and it took the whole night without finishing...
This morning the same f...... game.
All the other downloads were as fast as usual.
Any similar experience?
for me it works fine, better then i thought in terms of sound quality, still i would not recommend this device for everyone for this price

• Information