Previously working VSTs have stopped working.

Discuss VST stuff here!
withnail

22 Apr 2018

Hi,
I've had to reset my Windows 10 installation as it got stuck on last Autumn's update.
This went fine but of course I also had to reintsall Reason 10 (build 9172), which also went well until I tried to start up Reason and several of my previously operational VSTs failed to load.
Valhalla Frequency Echo errors and my Scarlett VSTs that I got with my audio interface put up an unknown exception pop up box that keeps appearing every time you click OK (consequently I need to kill reason in system manager).
Anyone else having these issues?
These VSTs worked fine yesterday on a slightly earlier build of Reason.
Cheers
WN

Soeno

22 Apr 2018

shouldn`t be a Reason problem, i would reinstall these VSTs

withnail

22 Apr 2018

I've tried reinstalling them and moving them to one of Reasons default VST locations (c:\Programs\VSTplugins) but the same thing happens.
The scarlett plugins hang Reason when it's loading with a constant loop of 'unknow exceptions' and ...
Valhall Frequency Echo
Helm
and
CM Valve Filter all fail to load,
Tried running Reason as administrator as well but no joy.
Anybody got any ideas of other stuff I could try or knows if there is a Reason log somewhere that details the error that caused the VSTs not to be loaded?
thanks

palkid

22 Apr 2018

I'd look into file / hard drive permissions. If you reinstalled the OS, a lot must have changed on a fundamental level.

NekujaK

23 Apr 2018

As a troubleshooting step, you might also try loading the VSTs in different host, like Reaper or a lightweight VST host app.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Lempface

23 Apr 2018

Also, its not clear if the VSTs mentioned are crashing Reason when opened from a saved song file or when starting a new song file and adding them in initially. I would check both of those.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

withnail

24 Apr 2018

Thanks for your help.
I’m happy to say Reinstalling did work, I had a mix up and was still referencing my old vst folder.
All working bar Valhalla Frequency Echo which does not want to know whatever I do.
It works in Reaper.
I can live without it.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
W

• Information