RX950 Reason Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
teddymcw

12 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
12 Apr 2018
Catblack wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Sounds great. Reminds me a little bit of Wamono by Hifana.
TY. Never heard of it, gotta check that out.
Whoa, gotta say I found this track is truly awesome and Hifana is the awesome music group rec / discovery of the week for sure!

subby

12 Apr 2018

joeyluck wrote:
05 Apr 2018
vectro wrote:
05 Apr 2018
Do we submit links to .reason files or SoundCloud?
Just a link to audio, whichever way you want to share it. You can use SoundCloud, Allihoopa, etc.

We will ask for Reason files later, so keep everything intact.

How will the .reason files be asked for? Via Email, ReasonTalk inbox? Thanks

QVprod

12 Apr 2018

subby wrote:
12 Apr 2018
joeyluck wrote:
05 Apr 2018

Just a link to audio, whichever way you want to share it. You can use SoundCloud, Allihoopa, etc.

We will ask for Reason files later, so keep everything intact.

How will the .reason files be asked for? Via Email, ReasonTalk inbox? Thanks
Possibly through either of those means, but you won't have to send it unless your a finalist or a winner. Should you be one of those, we'll discuss how to move forward. The Reason file is more of a check to see if the rules were followed so we're not going to check every single entry's Reason file.

modecca

13 Apr 2018

🔗💥

Loque

13 Apr 2018

modecca wrote:
13 Apr 2018
I like that. Cool sounds. Sick video, as usual :-D
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

13 Apr 2018

Some great entries so far. I can't participate since I'm a judge, but I threw this together for fun. Hopefully maybe inspire some other ideas for the last week.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2018

Oh sweet, this device is exactly what I've been looking for. Was trying to use the Blamsoft resampler, but this specifically targets the Akai 12-bit samplers.

QVprod

13 Apr 2018

avasopht wrote:
13 Apr 2018
Oh sweet, this device is exactly what I've been looking for. Was trying to use the Blamsoft resampler, but this specifically targets the Akai 12-bit samplers.
Wan't it you who suggested a K!ckback type same competition? This is pretty similar to that idea. Join on in!

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2018

QVprod wrote:
13 Apr 2018
Wan't it you who suggested a K!ckback type same competition? This is pretty similar to that idea. Join on in!
That's exactly what I was talking about.

And yes, I'm already working on one.

dtrain

13 Apr 2018

Great way to promote the purchase of the RX-950 Rack Extension. I'll have to use this play in my next marketing push :)

modecca

13 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
13 Apr 2018
I like that. Cool sounds. Sick video, as usual :-D
Thanks man, I normally find devices like this a bit too subtle for my taste . So I mainly used this at its most aggressive setting (high input gain- low audio bandwidth) to assist in distorting many separate instances of Subtractor. Perhaps I could have used it on the mix as a whole, to really get the most out of it.
🔗💥

Kategra

14 Apr 2018

I bought the RX950 without even trialing it, like half of my RE purchases :lol: ))
I had blast with some of the samples while using RX all over the tracks and I want to jump on this competition also.

It is actually my first Alliopa song :)

Audiotic

14 Apr 2018

Sequencer audio/editing of the Samples ist allowed?

QVprod

14 Apr 2018

Audiotic wrote:
14 Apr 2018
Sequencer audio/editing of the Samples ist allowed?
It is, just leave evidence of it either in the same song or a separate one.

Geeezer87

16 Apr 2018

Here's my drum'n'bassy entry:

Proud of the Drums, not so much of the out-of-control wobble, but you get the idea... ;)

Cheers!

Kategra

16 Apr 2018

KLAW wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Thanks for the ammo! I haven't worked like this in years. It was fun.

HeavyViper wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Here's my bit of fun with it:

Turned out a bit odd, but it bounces. The RX950 did a number on all the components, too. :V
I wanted to quit the competition after I heard these two. Congrats!

Loque

16 Apr 2018

Just my 2 cents...I like most tracks in this competition, rather than most other competitions i listened to. Maybe its just the "sound" or hearing ppl get creative squelching everything out of "bad" synths, old samples and using the "make sound old" fx. Really great work guys!
Reason12, Win10

Drawat
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2018

Here is my entry, simple oldskool tekkno. :D

Wickline

16 Apr 2018

Just submitted mine. It's a bit short, but that's all I had with the comp limitations. I plan on extending it and adding vocals to release later.

Fearless (RX950 Demo)

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

jimmyklane

16 Apr 2018

I just saw this competition this morning and have to leave Reason running so my trial doesn’t end! I actually signed up to the forum for this competition....but I see there is a lot of activity and some super cool work done with just the samples and stock Reason. It makes me wonder why we all clamored for VST support....the stuff we can do with the program alone is incredible.

I’ve got a room full of hardware samplers and synths and I’ve been having a really great time getting back to “low bandwidth” on and “high quality interpolation” off. With the RX attached the NN19 pretty much nails the old Akai sound IMO.

A question for those that know more than I do: can I use ALL the stock effects? Convolution reverb, vocoder, Retro, Syncronous, etc? I understand the instrument limitations, and in fact I’m using all samplers with the RX950 bolted on, but for example one of my sounds depends on filter and gain FM from Pulsar....is stuff like that kosher or do I have to go back to thinking like Reason 2.5?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

joeyluck

16 Apr 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
16 Apr 2018
A question for those that know more than I do: can I use ALL the stock effects? Convolution reverb, vocoder, Retro, Syncronous, etc? I understand the instrument limitations, and in fact I’m using all samplers with the RX950 bolted on, but for example one of my sounds depends on filter and gain FM from Pulsar....is stuff like that kosher or do I have to go back to thinking like Reason 2.5?
Yes, those are considered stock effects and are allowed. If it's built into Reason as of the most recent versions, then it is considered a stock effect. In other words, if you were to install Reason, but not sync any REs, the only exception would be RX950. The only samples allowed are the ones supplied with this competition. You may load them into any stock sampler, but factory presets which use other samples are not allowed. Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

jimmyklane

17 Apr 2018

joeyluck wrote:
16 Apr 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
16 Apr 2018
Yes, those are considered stock effects and are allowed. If it's built into Reason as of the most recent versions, then it is considered a stock effect. In other words, if you were to install Reason, but not sync any REs, the only exception would be RX950. The only samples allowed are the ones supplied with this competition. You may load them into any stock sampler, but factory presets which use other samples are not allowed. Hope that helps. Good luck! :)

That’s exactly the answer I was hoping for! Reason is just so powerful now, and going back to these instruments that I haven’t used for quite some is actually thrilling, but having all the modern sequencing, mixing, and effects units means it’s old school that reminds me of working on the Atari ST with a rack of Akais and Emus and an old Ensoniq(all of which I still have and use to this day) except with rack effects I could never have afforded back then.

The developer nailed “that” sound....from subtle to extreme. Well done!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

CGarzia
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2018

Thanks for the nice competition, that was fun!

coding
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2018

Maybe the RX950 was over used this time ;)

strangers
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2018

Throwing my entry into the hat. Really liking the songs everyone has posted so far. There's a ton of variety for this one.

Double Conclusion by Strangers

• Information