Asylum - Devil Refill - FREE!!

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
sinnerfire

10 Apr 2018

Neurofunk is all about two-phase basslines, destructive techy one shots, creepy pads and dark moods.
The Devil refill for Propellerheads Reason comes packed with evil detuned two-phase basslines which have
been made to stand out in the crowd, sync with your productions and inspire you to your next hit.

We used “Propellerheads new inbuilt “Grain Sample Manipulator” to make some extreme neuro bass and used
some clever science to make the bass ripple faster in response to how hard you hit the keys (Velocity).
Basically, the harder you hit the keys, the faster the bass will wobble and vice versa, the softer you hit the keys,
the slower the bass will ripple. This makes for some interesting patches that could almost be full songs all by
themselves.

Contents:

75 – Hard neurofunk/Drum & Bass basslines for Reasons Combinator, NN-XT and Grain Sample Manipulator.
23 – one shot bass wav’s.
6 – Multi-Sampled neuro instruments.
1 – Drum & Bass Reason 10 RNS song file created by SinnerFire showing how powerful this Refill really is!!

90MB

#Please note that this sound pack will only work in Reason 10 and above although im sure the NN-XT presets
will work in any version above Reason 6. I haven’t tested this though.

http://drumandbassasylum.com/
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

Quiloc Lim

10 Apr 2018

Cool.. ! I bought the neuro funk bass refill ages ago and it still sounds great.! Used it in a couple of tracks. I'm looking forward to checking out this new refill.

In the mean time, would you be so kind as to create a soundcloud sample track of the presents?

qn5

10 Apr 2018

Niiiiiiiiiice. Thank you!
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

sinnerfire

10 Apr 2018

Quiloc Lim wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Cool.. ! I bought the neuro funk bass refill ages ago and it still sounds great.! Used it in a couple of tracks. I'm looking forward to checking out this new refill.

In the mean time, would you be so kind as to create a soundcloud sample track of the presents?
Thank you so much for your kind words, I had a lot of fun making the Neurofunker Sample pack :thumbs_up:

Im in the process of making some tasty sound demos for the Devil Refill, Ill give you a update when there ready.

Cheers

Rob.

sinnerfire

10 Apr 2018

qn5 wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Niiiiiiiiiice. Thank you!
Your more than welcome, thank you for the comment.

Cheers

Rob.

Quiloc Lim

10 Apr 2018

Hi Rob.

I used one of the reese bass sounds in your Bassline Refill (the bassline 3 patch) to make the lead sound in this track. I made use of the synchronous units in the combinator to get the sound to move around. The sound starts at around 45 seconds.

I'm not out for self promotion (I'm just a bedroom hobbyist), I just want you to know that I appreciate your work and hope you keep making great sounding refills. I'm currently playing around with the new Devil refill you're giving away. If I use one of your patches from it in a track, I'll send you link.

Keep up the good work. :thumbs_up:

kuhliloach

11 Apr 2018

I get the Missing Sounds error window when trying to use this Refill, for example if I try to load a patch from the Grain Sample Manipulator folder. There is a work-around. Just close the Missing Sounds error window and Browse manually from within Grain to locate the proper sample from within the Samples folder in the Refill.

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

kuhliloach wrote:I get the Missing Sounds error window when trying to use this Refill, for example if I try to load a patch from the Grain Sample Manipulator folder. There is a work-around. Just close the Missing Sounds error window and Browse manually from within Grain to locate the proper sample from within the Samples folder in the Refill.
Wow? Thanks for the heads up, I sent the refill to about ten of my pals to test out in case anything was not working and they said it was working fine but I will double check everything when I get home. Thanks again for the heads up [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

Quiloc Lim wrote:Hi Rob.

I used one of the reese bass sounds in your Bassline Refill (the bassline 3 patch) to make the lead sound in this track. I made use of the synchronous units in the combinator to get the sound to move around. The sound starts at around 45 seconds.

I'm not out for self promotion (I'm just a bedroom hobbyist), I just want you to know that I appreciate your work and hope you keep making great sounding refills. I'm currently playing around with the new Devil refill you're giving away. If I use one of your patches from it in a track, I'll send you link.

Keep up the good work. :thumbs_up:
Wow, always feels good knowing I managed to inspire someone [emoji6] I’ll check it out when I get home, thanks for getting back to me in this [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
11 Apr 2018
I get the Missing Sounds error window when trying to use this Refill, for example if I try to load a patch from the Grain Sample Manipulator folder. There is a work-around. Just close the Missing Sounds error window and Browse manually from within Grain to locate the proper sample from within the Samples folder in the Refill.
Hello, I tried every preset in the Devil Refill on Mac and P.C and everything is working fine?

Can I ask you if you downloaded the refill properly?

The refill should be 90.1MB.

Cheers

Rob.

kuhliloach

11 Apr 2018

sinnerfire wrote:
11 Apr 2018
kuhliloach wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Hello, I tried every preset in the Devil Refill on Mac and P.C and everything is working fine?

Cheers

Rob.
The file appears as 85.9 MB (90,087,414 bytes) - If the download were corrupt it probably wouldn't function at all? As a test I tried changing the path to root location on C and D drives but it made no difference. The NN-XT and Combinators work fine. Only the patches within the Grain Sample Manipulator folder have the problem. For now I can't think of anything else to try. What is the exact byte count it should be?

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
11 Apr 2018
sinnerfire wrote:
11 Apr 2018

Cheers

Rob.
The file appears as 85.9 MB (90,087,414 bytes) - If the download were corrupt it probably wouldn't function at all? As a test I tried changing the path to root location on C and D drives but it made no difference. The NN-XT and Combinators work fine. Only the patches within the Grain Sample Manipulator folder have the problem. For now I can't think of anything else to try. What is the exact byte count it should be?
Edit: Not sure whats wrong? I always thoroughly test my products before releasing them and no one else has reported any problems?

I honestly have no solution for you so sorry that your having trouble.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.57.49.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.57.49.png (102.85 KiB) Viewed 4534 times

kuhliloach

11 Apr 2018

Can't complain - it's free! No big deal and like I said it can be worked around. If it helps my drives are SSD and the OS is Win 7. Also worth noting the problem can be corrected from within the Missing Sounds error window by first selecting the missing sound; once highlighted I can then select the proper sound. Also, in the Missing Sounds window it does not say the name of the ReFill that it's a part of--that field is blank. The search features don't find the sound but I can select manually.
Last edited by kuhliloach on 11 Apr 2018, edited 2 times in total.

kuhliloach

11 Apr 2018

FYI following these directions didn't help: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... d-refills/

kuhliloach

11 Apr 2018

Catblack

11 Apr 2018

I am getting this same error with your refill. When I save your Grain patch after opening it, I see this path is saved with it:

Code: Select all

<Path partOfReFill="no" >
                    /Macintosh HD/Users/SinnerFire/Desktop/Asylum - Devil - D&amp;B Reason Presets + Wav/Samples/Wav/Bass/_One-Shots/Horn [5].wav
                </Path>
                <NativeURL mode="OSXFile" >
                    file:///Users/SinnerFire/Desktop/Asylum%20-%20Devil%20-%20D&amp;B%20Reason%20Presets%20+%20Wav/Samples/Wav/Bass/_One-Shots/Horn%20%5B5%5D.wav
                </NativeURL>

I'm not sure if this is an error with Grain or if the version of the Refill packer that you are using isn't correcting these paths or something else. I'd think that the path on your hard drive shouldn't be saved.

I'm enjoying your sounds though, thank you.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

miscend

11 Apr 2018

Awesome refill thank you

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

miscend wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Awesome refill thank you
Your welcome, thanks for your comment :thumbs_up:

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Can't complain - it's free! No big deal and like I said it can be worked around. If it helps my drives are SSD and the OS is Win 7. Also worth noting the problem can be corrected from within the Missing Sounds error window by first selecting the missing sound; once highlighted I can then select the proper sound. Also, in the Missing Sounds window it does not say the name of the ReFill that it's a part of--that field is blank. The search features don't find the sound but I can select manually.
This has got me completely baffled? I'm using the latest version of the refill packer, I thoroughly tested the refill with at least ten of my trusted Reason friends and most of all, it's working for us but not you? I put so much time and effort into this pack only to be let down at the last second? I'm so sorry your having trouble with this but I can't explain why it's working for some people and not others?

Only thing I can do is send you the unpacked version of the refill, then you can fix the errors and repack the refill for your own use, I don't know how else to help you, send me a PM and I will upload the unpacked version for you.

Cheers

Rob.

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

Catblack wrote:
11 Apr 2018
I am getting this same error with your refill. When I save your Grain patch after opening it, I see this path is saved with it:

Code: Select all

<Path partOfReFill="no" >
                    /Macintosh HD/Users/SinnerFire/Desktop/Asylum - Devil - D&amp;B Reason Presets + Wav/Samples/Wav/Bass/_One-Shots/Horn [5].wav
                </Path>
                <NativeURL mode="OSXFile" >
                    file:///Users/SinnerFire/Desktop/Asylum%20-%20Devil%20-%20D&amp;B%20Reason%20Presets%20+%20Wav/Samples/Wav/Bass/_One-Shots/Horn%20%5B5%5D.wav
                </NativeURL>

I'm not sure if this is an error with Grain or if the version of the Refill packer that you are using isn't correcting these paths or something else. I'd think that the path on your hard drive shouldn't be saved.

I'm enjoying your sounds though, thank you.
So sorry your having trouble with the pack, send me a PM and I will send you the unpacked version :thumbs_up:

Cheers

Rob.

sinnerfire

11 Apr 2018

Quiloc Lim wrote:
10 Apr 2018

Hey bro, after downloading the pack, did you have any trouble opening the "Grain Sample Manipulator" Presets?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Rob.

sinnerfire

12 Apr 2018

Soundcells wrote:
29 Mar 2018
Short information:

I have mailed the problem to Mattias over at Propellerhead, and he said that it is an issue with the currently version of the ReFill packer.
There is a workaround I have to go thru, to fix the situation. Please be patient - thanks!

Best regards,
Harald | Soundcells
I was doing some digging and I found this over on one of the Soundcell threads, possibly there is a problem with the latest version of the Refill Packer?

Cheers

Rob.

Quiloc Lim

12 Apr 2018

sinnerfire wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Quiloc Lim wrote:
10 Apr 2018

Hey bro, after downloading the pack, did you have any trouble opening the "Grain Sample Manipulator" Presets?

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Rob.
Yes, I did have the same issues with the grain patches that the others were having. I quickly found the workaround for that glitch, so I'm not too fussed about it.

Keep making these great refills. I may not make big drum and bass bangers, but I love playig with the sounds and annoying the wife & kids with them. :-D

moneykube

12 Apr 2018

Quiloc Lim wrote:
12 Apr 2018
Yes, I did have the same issues with the grain patches that the others were having. I quickly found the workaround for that glitch, so I'm not too fussed about it.
and the work around would be what ??? :question:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Quiloc Lim

12 Apr 2018

moneykube wrote:
12 Apr 2018
Quiloc Lim wrote:
12 Apr 2018
and the work around would be what ??? :question:
Same as this. Replace the missing sound with the relevant / called for sample in the refill.
kuhliloach wrote:
11 Apr 2018

• Information