RX950 Reason Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
KLAW

08 Apr 2018

Thanks for the ammo! I haven't worked like this in years. It was fun.
AgentElsewhere is skulking in the shadows of parts unknown

Robert Conquest

08 Apr 2018

KLAW wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Thanks for the ammo! I haven't worked like this in years. It was fun.

That's hot! well done!

KJAMES

08 Apr 2018

https://allihoopa.com/KJAMES
I didn't want to do anything complex I just kept it simple

Karim
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2018

KLAW wrote:Thanks for the ammo! I haven't worked like this in years. It was fun.
That's brilliant! Nice old school groove! [emoji6]

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

eusti

09 Apr 2018

Here's my piece...

Interesting going back to the basics...

D.

HeavyViper

09 Apr 2018

Here's my bit of fun with it:

Turned out a bit odd, but it bounces. The RX950 did a number on all the components, too. :V
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

Runner2x

09 Apr 2018

Are the Softube Amps, Pulsar and Audiomatic considered to be stock effects? How about custom impulse responses for the reverb unit? I know this is about the RX950 - just want to be sure of the palette I have to work with. :)

Loque

09 Apr 2018

I need some LFOs. Guess it is ok to use the synths for that?
Reason12, Win10

Runner2x

09 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Apr 2018
joeyluck wrote:
05 Apr 2018
[*]Synth modules allowed: Subtractor, Malstrom, Thor
So we can use these synths to generate sounds, right?

DNGmaestro
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2018

HeavyViper wrote:
09 Apr 2018

Turned out a bit odd, but it bounces. The RX950 did a number on all the components, too. :V
Very nice man!

Well done!

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2018

Runner2x wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Apr 2018
joeyluck wrote:
05 Apr 2018
Also curious for clarification on this to avoid disqualifying myself. The rules mention only using the sample pack but then mention the OG synths being ok to use. Just want to make sure I'm understanding what is/isn't allowed. Same goes for the use of Pulsar, like Runner2x posted about.

The only samples you’re allowed to use are the ones from the sample pack. Don’t use external samples, samples from the factory sound bank (including NN-19 and NN-XT instruments) or audio recordings.
Sampler modules allowed: NN-19, NN-XT, Redrum, Kong
Synth modules allowed: Subtractor, Malstrom, Thor

WongoTheSane

09 Apr 2018

Runner2x wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Are the Softube Amps, Pulsar and Audiomatic considered to be stock effects? How about custom impulse responses for the reverb unit? I know this is about the RX950 - just want to be sure of the palette I have to work with. :)
Yes, Softube Amps, Pulsar and Audiomatic are allowed stock effects. Regarding the RV7000, you're in a bit of a pickle: you can use custom impulse responses, but being samples, they are bound by the same rules: they must come from the provided sample pack! Could give some interesting results...
Loque wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Absolutely, provided it's one of the allowed synths or samplers; alternately, you can use Pulsar, Alligator, Synchronous... Everything that is available as stock in the current version of Reason (so, if you have R9 and you bought Synchronous, you can still use it as it's been made available as a stock device in R10, for instance).
Runner2x wrote:
09 Apr 2018
joeyluck wrote:
05 Apr 2018
Yes.
strangers wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Also curious for clarification on this to avoid disqualifying myself. The rules mention only using the sample pack but then mention the OG synths being ok to use. Just want to make sure I'm understanding what is/isn't allowed. Same goes for the use of Pulsar, like Runner2x posted about.
The three synths mentioned (Subtractor, Mastrom and Thor) are allowed as sound source: use them any way you see fit. It's only the use of samples that is limited to the provided sample pack (and in the allowed sampling devices).

Runner2x

10 Apr 2018

Edit: I was having a nice buzz when I posted this. :lol:

I suppose I could share my thoughts on it now. Fun jam session. Stock line mixers inserted into every channel and mapped to various physical controls. Every element of the track is laced with the RX950. The overall mix ain't that great I admit due to some weird decisions I made but the device itself is awesome! :)

Here is my submission.

Last edited by Runner2x on 10 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

MannequinRaces

10 Apr 2018

HeavyViper wrote:
09 Apr 2018

This is great!!

campbejo
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2018

Any limitations on resampling?

CGarzia
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Runner2x wrote:
09 Apr 2018
Yes, Softube Amps, Pulsar and Audiomatic are allowed stock effects. Regarding the RV7000, you're in a bit of a pickle: you can use custom impulse responses, but being samples, they are bound by the same rules: they must come from the provided sample pack! Could give some interesting results...
I hope this won't come off as nitpicking, but are the stock patches (that use stock impulses) for RV7000 still allowed? I'm guessing yes, since Malström is allowed, and that baby certainly has some samples under the skirt, so to speak. Otherwise I got a whole bunch of reverbs to rethink. :-D

WongoTheSane

10 Apr 2018

campbejo wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Any limitations on resampling?
None, other than keeping the resampling steps somewhere so the jury can check you haven't broken a rule (you can keep them in a separate Reason file for instance).
CGarzia wrote:
10 Apr 2018
I hope this won't come off as nitpicking, but are the stock patches (that use stock impulses) for RV7000 still allowed? I'm guessing yes, since Malström is allowed, and that baby certainly has some samples under the skirt, so to speak. Otherwise I got a whole bunch of reverbs to rethink. :-D
Yes, they are. It's only custom samples that are concerned (for the RV7000).

gustavostopher

10 Apr 2018

My submission! All NNXT/19, Subtractors, stock effects, RX950, and the samples from the pack. Thanks for a fun challenge!
https://allihoopa.com/s/MuSnB2Ia

HeavyViper

11 Apr 2018

Woof, Mathieu's going to be spoiled for choice by the end of this. Very good tracks cropping up!
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

teddymcw

11 Apr 2018

Not quite done but getting very close.

Loque

11 Apr 2018

Here is my entry. I took the challange a step further and used only samplers (no synths at all) with the sample pack, stock fx and RX950 of course. I had fun. The result is a bit oldschool, but hey, thats what are talking about here.
Reason12, Win10

Ollie

11 Apr 2018

I may have completely misread the point of this contest last week because I didn't actually use the RX950!

Essentially I have just made a small tune from the provided samples and Reason stock devices. Hopefully that's not too much of a fail. :shock:

Wickline

11 Apr 2018

Ollie wrote:I may have completely misread the point of this contest last week because I didn't actually use the RX950!

Essentially I have just made a small tune from the provided samples and Reason stock devices. Hopefully that's not too much of a fail. :shock:

You still got time. Slap some in there and see how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Catblack

11 Apr 2018

Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Here is my entry. I took the challange a step further and used only samplers (no synths at all) with the sample pack, stock fx and RX950 of course. I had fun. The result is a bit oldschool, but hey, thats what are talking about here.
Sounds great. Reminds me a little bit of Wamono by Hifana.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

12 Apr 2018

Catblack wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Loque wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Sounds great. Reminds me a little bit of Wamono by Hifana.
TY. Never heard of it, gotta check that out.
Reason12, Win10

• Information