Mathieu Demange and ReasonTalk are proud to call all artists for the RX950 Reason Competition!
The competition is based on the usage of a provided sample-pack collection of drums, percussions and various sounds. Songs will be judged upon the artists’ ability to make these samples shine with the use of the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter Rack Extension. Artists are allowed to use other sound sources from the basic stock modules of Reason (excluding use of other samples). Bonus attitude points will be given for the use of the most classic units like NN-19 and Subtractor!
- Download the sample pack and compose your best piece of music!
- The only samples you’re allowed to use are the ones from the sample pack. Don’t use external samples, samples from the factory sound bank (including NN-19 and NN-XT instruments) or audio recordings.
- Sampler modules allowed: NN-19, NN-XT, Redrum, Kong
- Synth modules allowed: Subtractor, Malstrom, Thor
- Effect modules allowed: RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter and Reason stock effects
- Utility modules allowed: Reason stock utilities
- Player modules allowed
- One entry per composer
- Minimum song length: 1 minute
- No maximum song length
- No remixes or cover songs, your work must be 100% original
- You are welcome to share your submissions in the ReasonTalk forum before the competition ends
- Winning entries will be featured on a dedicated SoundCloud playlist by MD
- Songs must be submitted via this form: https://competition.reasontalk.com/rx950/
- Do not change the link to your song once you have submitted it. That includes changing the visibility setting from public to private, or vice-versa!
- Deadline is April 18 before midnight (CEST). That means by 11:59:59 PM (23:59:59) CEST on April 18. Please take note of the conversion to your local time.
- The jury members are Mathieu Demange, William Lamy, Joey Luck and Quincy Valentine
- The jury will select 5 winning tracks
- The 5 winners will get a free RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter license