Kilohearts-Khs-ONE -> on sale €15.00!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kategra

03 Apr 2018

I just stumbled on this:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... s-khs-one/

Also bought on sale Amplifikation Creme Guitar Amp and intro price for MarsPeaks Reverb Placement :thumbs_up:

EdGrip

03 Apr 2018

That's a new record-low price for One - previously €19.
...and I still can't get excited about it. Weird. I don't really know why. I like kHs.

EDIT: I think it's because it reminds me of the stock subtractive synth from another DAW that doesn't exist.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2018

It's a great deal. I tried it at one point. But with all the other synths in my rack screaming for my attention I just don't see myself using this one even if it's sold for 15 bucks.
I mean I have saw/square/noise in Legend too and you can't beat that one when it comes to simplicity and sound.

Zac

03 Apr 2018

Legend is my go to synth atm. Sounds so good.

I got one for 19 euros and need to explore more. #plugin overload

Voyager

03 Apr 2018

Zac wrote:
03 Apr 2018

Legend is my go to synth atm. Sounds so good.

I got one for 19 euros and need to explore more. #plugin overload

I got Legend for my warm analog stuff too but at 15$/€ it's a steal...Maybe Khs One could bring something that Legend can't ? I guess i'll need to try and found out..

EnochLight

03 Apr 2018

If you're a fan of Subtractor still even after all of these years, then Khs One at this price is an absolute bargain. It's like 'Subtractor 2.0", IMHO. Fantastic synth at this price!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

superpop

03 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
If you're a fan of Subtractor
Stop reading there... It was enough to convince me. :puf_bigsmile:

KirkMarkarian

03 Apr 2018

I purchased this one at $19 last year - it's a nice sounding synth, unfortunately quite heavy on my 'lil 2012 Mac Mini's CPU.

Zac

03 Apr 2018

Haha subtractor does rock. One thing i miss on other synths is the ability to turn off keyboard tracking to make pure noise synth like sounds.

If anyone can point me to RE or VST synths that allow this for the oscs I'd lije that..

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 Apr 2018

I love Khs ONE - I picked it up on the flash sale last year (actually I think it was 2016) and I still use it often.

Personally, ONE feels like the closest thing in the rack to real hardware, not so much because of the sound (which is excellent, but there are plenty of other excellent-sounding REs) but because its more basic feature set and compact UI have a lot more in common with hardware than the huge, powerful UIs of Antidote or Expanse.

Expanse may have the most advanced synthesis technology, but it's a full-fledged computer within a computer. ONE feels like it could be a little synthesizer sitting on my desk, and that's what I love about it.

antic604

03 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
If you're a fan of Subtractor still even after all of these years, then Khs One at this price is an absolute bargain. It's like 'Subtractor 2.0", IMHO. Fantastic synth at this price!
How is it Subtractor 2.0? I don't really see any features making it significantly better?

EnochLight

03 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
03 Apr 2018
EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
How is it Subtractor 2.0? I don't really see any features making it significantly better?
Its sound. At least to my ears. Between the built-in effects, the sub osc, shaper, and mod matrix - it's a step above feature-wise, too.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reasonistas
RE Developer

03 Apr 2018

There is also the FREE 300&ONE Community Refill for KiloHearts kHs ONE. Download it here:

https://shop.reasonistas.com/blogs/reas ... one-refill

ImageImageImage

lakinlakin

04 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
03 Apr 2018
I agree. It is a great sounding synth.

Soeno

04 Apr 2018

now it`s €19.00

antic604

04 Apr 2018

Can anyone comment on the performance of VST vs. RE?

I have the former (it came with kiloHearts "The Works" bundle), but if RE has the same - or better - performance I'd buy it at that price for better visual and functional integration with the Rack.

EnochLight

04 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
04 Apr 2018

I have the former (it came with kiloHearts "The Works" bundle), but if RE has the same - or better - performance I'd buy it at that price for better visual and functional integration with the Rack.
If you already own the VST, I wouldn't bother. Its GUI/UX is larger than the RE for starters and is much easier to work with (IMHO). There's not a bunch of CV on the back of the RE, so there's really no reason to get the RE if you already own the VST (aside from quick rack sync/license sync of RE's). I don't remember the performance being that much better/different in the RE, but my trial for the VST expired some time ago.

antic604

04 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
04 Apr 2018
antic604 wrote:
04 Apr 2018

If you already own the VST, I wouldn't bother. Its GUI/UX is larger than the RE for starters and is much easier to work with (IMHO). There's not a bunch of CV on the back of the RE, so there's really no reason to get the RE if you already own the VST (aside from quick rack sync/license sync of RE's). I don't remember the performance being that much better/different in the RE, but my trial for the VST expired some time ago.
Thanks, my thoughts exactly :) Especially after the price went up by 27%, from 15 to 19 EUR - that's outrageous!!! ;) :P

clone

04 Apr 2018

Wow I never heard the demo for synth until now, very impressive
Need to pick this one up on Friday.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2018

The old me once submitted a track to the KHS ONE contest (4 years ago holy f*ck), where we had to make a track using only KHS ONE, but alas the old me didn't win.

Still, a very excellent synth:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Goodbye

07 Apr 2018

This a a lovely little synth. Just a joy to use.

TheNoog

07 Apr 2018

Kategra wrote:
03 Apr 2018
I just stumbled on this:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... s-khs-one/

Also bought on sale Amplifikation Creme Guitar Amp and intro price for MarsPeaks Reverb Placement :thumbs_up:
Creme is awesome. Why buy another synth though, totally pointless.

chimp_spanner

09 Apr 2018

Yeah I get some Subtractor 2.0 vibes off ONE. It's good! As shallow as it sounds, I think the uninspired GUI is probably why it gets skipped over sometimes, though. I think if it was visually a bit more stylish I'd be drawn to it more. But I have to make a conscious effort to remember it exists otherwise I just scroll past it haha. Too many racks I guess!!

Kategra

10 Apr 2018

TheNoog wrote:
07 Apr 2018

Creme is awesome. Why buy another synth though, totally pointless.
I don't know how to effectively program synths and I don't want to learn, not enough time for this. 15 EUR for a synth (that is what I payed) is like buying a new refill with new sounds. When I start a new song, browsing trough presets gets me inspired and then I may tweek the settings a bit to adapt it to my liking if I feel I can improve it in that context. If a synth or sampler came without presets I would not buy it.

Kategra

10 Apr 2018

Noel G. wrote:
03 Apr 2018
There is also the FREE 300&ONE Community Refill for KiloHearts kHs ONE. Download it here:

https://shop.reasonistas.com/blogs/reas ... one-refill

Thanks!!!!!

• Information