Video - Digital Audio and the DSP meter

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
svenh

08 Mar 2018

Interesting topic, very well explained - what more could one ask for? Thanks for taking the time to making the video!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2018

Great video nice and clear, thanks for taking your time to do it.

I've been in the computer industry over 30 years (not something that I really want to admit to) and try to explain these things to others can be quite difficult.

(Edit:) Notes: You can use the below to help show where your current bottle necks are in your Windows PC.

Everybody's system is different even if they have the same hardware as they install different software (and firmware) etc.

For Windows PC here are some starting points for checking out your system for optimisation.

LatencyMon is a good basic starting place.
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon_whatsnew

Sysinternals tools are some of the best Windows tools around for checking out your system.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... nals-suite

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 09 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

normen

09 Mar 2018

Cheers guys, good to hear. I did the video to have THE proper explanation at hand as there didn‘t seem to be one. If I really got as far as you say then I‘m happy.

Pralijah

09 Mar 2018

Great contribution! Same explainations written in text would reach far less. Very educational indeed.
Make music shake again!

thehipcola

14 Mar 2018

Great video - thanks for sharing!

PSoames

31 Mar 2018

Great explanation. Very nicely done.

normen

31 Mar 2018

Cheers guys! I asked Kenni if it could be included in the Reasontalk main web page tutorials section, so far that hasn't happened afaics. Feel free to spread the video far and wide - this information has to get out there ;)

Reasonable man

31 Mar 2018

Liked and subscribed. Liked and subscribed Poobear's channel yesterday too. Thanks lads this is informative stuff.
Somebody actually managed to give this video a thumbs down on youtube .... ffs ..there's always one!

ProfessaKaos

02 Apr 2018

Great video, I paid lot's of money for an Audio Education which did not cover this to the extent you did in this video. Really great work.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2018

normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Cheers guys! I asked Kenni if it could be included in the Reasontalk main web page tutorials section, so far that hasn't happened afaics. Feel free to spread the video far and wide - this information has to get out there ;)
That's odd - RT put out a call for tutorial submissions, and yours is among the best and most useful I've seen. Try pinging him again maybe?
Selig Audio, LLC

ravisoni

11 Apr 2018

Like Loque mentioned, a bit too complicated for a novice, but man, I'm gonna watch this 50 times, until I've put all the pieces together. Very, very informative (even though I can't understand all of it). Time to rewind and take notes!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

normen

11 Apr 2018

ravisoni wrote:
11 Apr 2018
Like Loque mentioned, a bit too complicated for a novice, but man, I'm gonna watch this 50 times, until I've put all the pieces together. Very, very informative (even though I can't understand all of it). Time to rewind and take notes!
Cheers man! Yeah, it is a bit of a complicated topic but probably not the first thing you‘d deal with or ask yourself when starting with digital audio anyway I suppose. But it‘s good to know that the video seems to convey that too - not explaining something in a way where you think you get it but really don‘t (like the typical worm hole explanations ;))

Kategra

13 Apr 2018

Thank you Norman for such a great explanation!

I hope one day a special "digital audio port interface for real time audio" will be developed as a standard on most motherboards, with low latency and high priority in the whole PC system architecture.

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2018

Brilliant work!

Plus we can finally put a voice to you :thumbs_up:

Ottostrom

15 Apr 2018

Love this community and the people who takes the time out of their day just to educate the other users here. I've learned so much just by sticking around on this forum (and the PUF). Thanks Normen!

brand

21 Apr 2018

Thanks Normen!! Just watched twice. Excellent work! Great topic. And very well explained. It has helped me. You should do more. I'm sure it was a lot of work to do it. But in my opinion, you're a very good teacher. It's not easy. At least not for everyone. :)

normen

22 Apr 2018

Thanks! I do have this other topic about software monitoring in the back of my head - but as you say it's quite some work and I have to see where I can fit it in.

• Information