VCV Rack, an open-source virtual Eurorack

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

27 Mar 2018

So, this is where the CV VCV conversation is happening.

Renting a room... month to month... pretty sad for a REASONable site.

Anyways, those modules are looking good. I gotta try this VCV thing.

Note to self: VCV/CV Forum thread.

Ahornberg

27 Mar 2018

In VCV Rack, CV runs on audio rate like we can do with VK-2 by Blamsoft.

tiker01

27 Mar 2018

O1B wrote:
27 Mar 2018
So, this is where the CV VCV conversation is happening.

Renting a room... month to month... pretty sad for a REASONable site.

Anyways, those modules are looking good. I gotta try this VCV thing.

Note to self: VCV/CV Forum thread.
You can bookmark and subscribe if you want to keep track!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

AttenuationHz

28 Mar 2018

Tried it myself no idea how it works!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Thoughtforms

28 Mar 2018

http://www.switchedonrack.com/rack-0-6- ... y-out.html
It's here!

EDIT - doesn't seem to work well for me on Mac with the latest Reason build. Lots of glitches. Works fine with Reaper.

Catblack

29 Mar 2018

I can't get CV to work, but I can pass audio in and out. Anyone got cv working? How???
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

AttenuationHz

30 Mar 2018

Cant get audio to work any documentation on it working in Reason? What happens when you open the VST window in Reason or what should happen??

Iv'e not got to CV yet! EMI/LoopMIDI should still work I'd reckon.

The VST effect shows in Reason but clicking on the open window in Reasons rack doesn't do anything.
Windows 7 btw.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

30 Mar 2018

Accidentally discovered that if you put an input into the back of the bridge in Reason the sound passes through.
Audio.JPG
Audio.JPG (79.07 KiB) Viewed 2818 times

Catblack

30 Mar 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Mar 2018
Cant get audio to work any documentation on it working in Reason? What happens when you open the VST window in Reason or what should happen??

Iv'e not got to CV yet! EMI/LoopMIDI should still work I'd reckon.

The VST effect shows in Reason but clicking on the open window in Reasons rack doesn't do anything.
Windows 7 btw.
You have to set audio to Bridge and Port 1 and it should work. Can't get the CV (via a midi vcvrack device) to work though.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

AttenuationHz

30 Mar 2018

Yeah eventually figured that part out. It is not stable at all, Buffer issues on ASIO. MME and DX are unusable. Total PC freezes after closing rack caused by the rack crash.

On the VST placeholder CV slots selecting port and setting the value to the right sets the different ports. It is a % value. Every 6.25% would be equal to the 16 ports/audio channels available (6.25x16=100%) the smoothing on that value is a bit glitchy. There is also slots for CC# 0-15 what they do is a mystery. I would have thought they are Port slots for the MIDI-1 module in rack but when that is in bridge mode they're called ports on the module which has output Port out connections to connect to rack modules.

geronimo

31 Mar 2018

And with the Apple version, a lot of the add-ons have not been rewritten. :oops:
But in general, it reacts quickly _

AttenuationHz

31 Mar 2018

geronimo wrote:
31 Mar 2018
And with the Apple version, a lot of the add-ons have not been rewritten. :oops:
But in general, it reacts quickly _
Do you mean 3rd party modules? Same for all platforms!

AttenuationHz

31 Mar 2018

Is it just windows that has been untested? Stability for windows is non existent. The dev version also crashes Rack and Reason, stalling your PC in the process. There is an order you should open I believe Rack first then Reason. When you open the Reason project with the VST for rack (Ports selected on the VST device) after Rack opens that also crashes Reason and Rack.

Not tested but:
If you are working on a project I would recommend disabling the Ports on the Rack VST in Reason before closing the project, saving and setting up the ports each time you open the same project. And also remove the outs on the Bridge module in the Rack file.

Bridge released too early imo. I read that stability will be worked on after 0.6 is released but good luck getting support off the Rack dev, closing all git threads asking about stability! Which is counter to what was stated before rack 0.6.

The UI in rack is going backwards also its very hard to use the new module browser 0.5.x browser was much easier to use. The search function is terrible, not mouse friendly more keyboard orientated which takes longer.

geronimo

31 Mar 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Do you mean 3rd party modules? Same for all platforms!
Yes . Ah, OK _

UChannel

03 Apr 2018

can't get it to work in Reason on Mac
loaded VCV Bridge as an insert to an Audio track.
have only VCO-1 signaling from Seq-3 and I am hearing chopped sound instead of continuous. I see that Row 1 on Seq-3 works, but again very glitchy.
+ I can't record in reason.
Did anybody worked it out?

edit:
actually as soon as I load VCV Bridge vst, glitches appear and mu DSP display is following...without VCO-1 and Seq-3.

• Information