Wow so Props beat NI to the punch. But NI seems to have done it better.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Failed Muso

20 Jan 2015

I've just been trying out Sunbird from Acoustic Samples and I have to say, I'm very impressed. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you have the hang of it, you're making authentic guitar compositions very quickly. Arnaud is a very good samplist and his work is exemplary. Sunbird is in UVI format and works with their free workstation or MOTU's MachFive3. Worth a look...

http://www.acousticsamples.net/guitars/sunbird

Also worth checking out the guitar libraries from Indiginus. These are in Kontakt format and don't let the price fool you. They may not cost you a lot, but you wouldn't think it when you heard them...
http://www.indiginus.com/

QVprod

20 Jan 2015

With the add on coming to a total of $50 that Indigenous one is very impressive! Very rare to find that kind of quality for cheap.

Iapetus 9

20 Jan 2015

You know what Reason does better than NI? It records real actual guitar so you don't have to rely on Kontakt for those awesome acoustic tunes of yours. We may not have the PUF anymore, but we still have all the authentic guitar you can need or want. It is my hope and wish that some kid will notice that real guitars are quite often cheaper than the VST RE option. Just saw a good Mexistrat at the pawn shop for $50.00. The choice is yours. As you were...
38L > 51D every time.

QVprod

20 Jan 2015

Iapetus 9 wrote:You know what Reason does better than NI? It records real actual guitar so you don't have to rely on Kontakt for those awesome acoustic tunes of yours. We may not have the PUF anymore, but we still have all the authentic guitar you can need or want. It is my hope and wish that some kid will notice that real guitars are quite often cheaper than the VST RE option. Just saw a good Mexistrat at the pawn shop for $50.00. The choice is yours. As you were...
Some important things you overlooked with this statement; (aside from the fact a mexistrat is an electric guitar) the ability to play a guitar (years of practice and/or cost of lessons), a decent mic to record one with, a somewhat decent sounding space/room to record the guitar in (since we're talking acoustics here) as recording from pickups (if you have an acoustic-electric) doesn't yield the best sound...etc... All of that involved for what is probably not the songwriter/producer's primary instrument.

With all that in mind, as a keyboard player, the VST is a lot cheaper.

Failed Muso

21 Jan 2015

QVprod wrote:With the add on coming to a total of $50 that Indigenous one is very impressive! Very rare to find that kind of quality for cheap.
Agreed. Check out the rest of Tracy's stuff. It's unbelievably good and incredibly affordable :) If you buy anything, tell him I sent you ;)

QVprod

21 Jan 2015

QVprod wrote:With the add on coming to a total of $50 that Indigenous one is very impressive! Very rare to find that kind of quality for cheap.
Failed Muso wrote:
Agreed. Check out the rest of Tracy's stuff. It's unbelievably good and incredibly affordable :) If you buy anything, tell him I sent you ;)
Will do, My wallet's been feeling a little loose since yesterday....  ;)

Iapetus 9

22 Jan 2015

Iapetus 9 wrote:You know what Reason does better than NI? It records real actual guitar so you don't have to rely on Kontakt for those awesome acoustic tunes of yours. We may not have the PUF anymore, but we still have all the authentic guitar you can need or want. It is my hope and wish that some kid will notice that real guitars are quite often cheaper than the VST RE option. Just saw a good Mexistrat at the pawn shop for $50.00. The choice is yours. As you were...
QVprod wrote: Some important things you overlooked with this statement; (aside from the fact a mexistrat is an electric guitar) the ability to play a guitar (years of practice and/or cost of lessons), a decent mic to record one with, a somewhat decent sounding space/room to record the guitar in (since we're talking acoustics here) as recording from pickups (if you have an acoustic-electric) doesn't yield the best sound...etc... All of that involved for what is probably not the songwriter/producer's primary instrument. With all that in mind, as a keyboard player, the VST is a lot cheaper.
There are many cases in that an acoustic guitar, especially a beginner guitar offered by most companies, is cheaper than the VST as well. I used the Strat as an example of some really thrifty buys out there now. At any rate, it is my hope that some people will actually learn another instrument instead of relying on machines to do their craft, and Reason does record audio better than NI anything. As I said, the choice it yours. Cheers!
38L > 51D every time.

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2015

NI libraries have always been stellar.

All I would say is that the lack of libraries on reason gives room for you forum users to chime in and make a little earner ;)

• Information