Ekssperimental Sounds Studio's ES01 Song Challenge!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
bronsoncox
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2018

Well, looks like I missed the submission time. Here's a track anyway :)

FLVZ

14 Mar 2018

Literally gave myself 24hrs to create something for this challenge. Really enjoyed using this synth, it sounds reallllllly good to my ears. Anyway here's the quick bodge I threw together for submission:

ravisoni

14 Mar 2018

Tried my best but wasn't able to get it to 2 minutes. Man, I'm gonna miss this device once my trial expires. So much potential with this synth!
Anyway, here's my tiny, non-eligible entry. (All synth, guitar, melody sounds from the synth. Drums were done using factory rex slices).

PS: The thread mentions that entries can be submitted until 3pm PST, but it's 2:50 am PST, and that link says "submissions closed".
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Wickline

14 Mar 2018

Flavolous wrote:Literally gave myself 24hrs to create something for this challenge. Really enjoyed using this synth, it sounds reallllllly good to my ears. Anyway here's the quick bodge I threw together for submission:
Super tight dude. Love the takeoff starting at 0:45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

FLVZ

14 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Flavolous wrote:Literally gave myself 24hrs to create something for this challenge. Really enjoyed using this synth, it sounds reallllllly good to my ears. Anyway here's the quick bodge I threw together for submission:

Thanks, that was a result of resampling one of the patches in the song, and at the heart of it all was Neutron & Beatcrush working as sends which kind of created a stereo reverb space, but Beatcrush was also swishing around in the stereo space on its own agendas :lol:
Tried to keep things as simple as possible with so little time to finish!

pullpoti

14 Mar 2018

#&@> I missed the date, I thought March 14th midnight. Anyway here's my track. Enjoy!

Wickline

14 Mar 2018

Flavolous wrote:
Wickline wrote:
14 Mar 2018

Thanks, that was a result of resampling one of the patches in the song, and at the heart of it all was Neutron & Beatcrush working as sends which kind of created a stereo reverb space, but Beatcrush was also swishing around in the stereo space on its own agendas :lol:
Tried to keep things as simple as possible with so little time to finish!
Lol “simple”
Nobody believes you haha

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

teddymcw

14 Mar 2018

ravisoni wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Tried my best but wasn't able to get it to 2 minutes. Man, I'm gonna miss this device once my trial expires. So much potential with this synth!
Anyway, here's my tiny, non-eligible entry. (All synth, guitar, melody sounds from the synth. Drums were done using factory rex slices).
Aww man Ravi, I'm really enjoying the musicality and overall quality I've heard from the tracks you post hereon RT! Can totally make this 3+ minutes of quality stuff, easily. There's already some great motifs and rich blends of them. May I suggest having a section where you throw a synchronous on some of the motifs and play with the rhythms giving a chance to blend in and out elements in different ways.

teddymcw

14 Mar 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
13 Mar 2018

Enough with the jokes, here's the good news:

Thank you Your Saneness! Just for the record, the instructions also said Monday at 3pm PST, when I believe the correct conversion for Midnight CET here on PST is Tuesday 4pm with an 8 hour difference.

Never was much of a datetime programmer though, will have to consult Mr. Hawking's knowledge base of what time actually means anyways :D

Wow, folks went HAM with this synth! The good ole song contest is alive and well!

WongoTheSane

14 Mar 2018

teddymcw wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Just for the record, the instructions also said Monday at 3pm PST, when I believe the correct conversion for Midnight CET here on PST is Tuesday 4pm with an 8 hour difference.
Not always unfortunately:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 239&p2=137

Next time, we'll probably resort to stating the closing time as Stockholm time, and let everyone use their favorite time converter!

ravisoni

14 Mar 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
14 Mar 2018
teddymcw wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Just for the record, the instructions also said Monday at 3pm PST, when I believe the correct conversion for Midnight CET here on PST is Tuesday 4pm with an 8 hour difference.
Not always unfortunately:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 239&p2=137

Next time, we'll probably resort to stating the closing time as Stockholm time, and let everyone use their favorite time converter!

Whoa, haha, I totally slipped up on Monday vs Tuesday.

TheGodOfRainbows

14 Mar 2018

Lots of tragedies with the missing of deadlines! I'm glad I'm not the only was who finds the new deadline format befuddling. I felt pretty dumb last round. Now, it hurts to see some entries not make it in time. At least you guys generated some new music. Everything I've heard sounds great and has something to offer.

And ravisoni....all you had to do was last resort, just repeat some bars until 2:00!

ravisoni

14 Mar 2018

teddy: thanks man! Your compliments always motivate me. I'll try to see if I can do that synchronous thing before my trial expires.
GoR: haha, I could do that, but I dunno if I'd be able to feel good about it, knowing my track is 2 minutes long just for meeting the requirements, and not because it deserves to be 2 minutes long, if that makes sense.

FLVZ

15 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
14 Mar 2018

Lol “simple”
Nobody believes you haha

haha subjective, you're right

Geeezer87

21 Mar 2018

Noise wrote:
10 Mar 2018
Got some time to trial this new synth and participate.
My track:

Wow, really killed it!

Reminds me of Modeselektor. :)

Noise
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2018

Geeezer87 wrote:
21 Mar 2018
Noise wrote:
10 Mar 2018
Got some time to trial this new synth and participate.
My track:

Wow, really killed it!

Reminds me of Modeselektor. :)
Thanks Geeezer ^_^ . Now I feel the urge to listen to some Modeselektor.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

WongoTheSane

21 Mar 2018

The jury has decided: check the winners in this thread!

• Information