Ekssperimental Sounds Studio's ES01 Song Challenge!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
demt

12 Mar 2018

and hears a new improved version courtessy of years of tart it up later allmost a way of life
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Ollie

12 Mar 2018

I never hit the CPU limit. This is a first! :puf_bigsmile:

My song entry:

I am enjoying everyone else's entries by the way. It's a real melting pot of genres here.
Good luck everyone! :puf_wink:

WongoTheSane

12 Mar 2018

It's almost time! This is the last day of Ekssperimental Sound Studio's ES01 Song Challenge. If you haven't submitted your song already, please do so before tonight!

last-call.gif
last-call.gif (868.91 KiB) Viewed 6709 times

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2018

my entry, good luck everyone!

- Certified Reason expert

teddymcw

13 Mar 2018

Here goes one, hope this makes time deadline. It's 1:41pm on Tuesday here in California.

Fun stuff this synth, could've and would've loved to play for many more hours.

Then here's another one I almost finished. Just read last night the detail of only one piece for submission for this contest but thought I'd post anyway.

Cheers to all!!!

makke

13 Mar 2018

Hi,

here is my song. Happy summer melodic progressive. Simple track and quite quickly made :geek:

ismael

13 Mar 2018

Well, there it is!

joeyluck

13 Mar 2018

teddymcw wrote:
13 Mar 2018
Here goes one, hope this makes time deadline. It's 1:41pm on Tuesday here in California.

ismael wrote:
13 Mar 2018
Well, there it is!
Have you all submitted via the form?
https://competition.reasontalk.com/ekss/

ismael

13 Mar 2018

joeyluck wrote:
13 Mar 2018
teddymcw wrote:
13 Mar 2018

ismael wrote:
13 Mar 2018
Well, there it is!
Have you all submitted via the form?
https://competition.reasontalk.com/ekss/

...$#%*# :shock: , no i didn't. I was in a hurry and overlooked that link, and now that page shows "The submission is now closed."

saidnelson

13 Mar 2018

Hello,

Why the "The submission is now closed". It wasn't until mid night? i ll post my track here i hope you can take it for the Reason Challenge :? Thanks

:D :D :D

teddymcw

13 Mar 2018

ismael wrote:
13 Mar 2018
joeyluck wrote:
13 Mar 2018
...$#%*# :shock: , no i didn't. I was in a hurry and overlooked that link, and now that page shows "The submission is now closed."

Yup, ouch. Just tried and got the same message. Thanks for the notice though Joey.

plasticfractal

13 Mar 2018

I missed the cutoff by ONE HOUR. Man I miss the Friday at midnight deadlines we used to get. Oh well, I can still share my track with the world, here it is!

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Mar 2018

To everyone who missed the deadline: I was in that bucket for the Winter Song Challenge. It sucks, I know. I also miss the Friday at midnight deadlines! As an artist, I plead bad with numbers and deadlines.

Good luck everyone!

Here's my entry (I submitted via online form in time, this time....)
Thanks to Modecca for the tambourine loop from Dedd Peepple. The beat fit perfectly and helped generate the song.

Last edited by TheGodOfRainbows on 13 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Soeno

13 Mar 2018

not bad this little synthi~

teddymcw

13 Mar 2018

One thing about the instructions is that the time conversions at the top were not correct, and that made the instructions less than ultra clear, as well as lead me to gloss over the rest of the rules even faster than the usual, since most of us are used to them. That just assisted in missing the submission link. Since these contests are getting more sparse, clarity does become more important as I’m sure plenty of folks revert back to the old habits of putting the final master on at midnight their time, haha.

Oh well, no real gripe at all personally. Mine ain’t clear enough to even begin to approach the winner circle anyway. Just some feedback as I referee sports and see why and how people break rules every day haha.

Just grateful for these types of contests and the devs / staff that make them possible!! Real talk.

modecca

13 Mar 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
13 Mar 2018

Thanks to Modecca for the tambourine loop from Dedd Peepple. The beat fit perfectly and helped generate the song.
I sabotaged your soup: That tambourine loop was made with Thor! dun dUN DUNN!
Seeing what a dominate role that tambourine has in the song, I would be content with you handing over the synth to me should you win (what a juicy filter that thing has) and you can keep the refills!
Seriously though, excellent entry and I love that brief melancholic motif that starts @ 1:30!
🔗💥

WongoTheSane

13 Mar 2018

teddymcw wrote:
13 Mar 2018
One thing about the instructions is that the time conversions at the top were not correct
Damn, you're right!! I actually wrote those instructions last month, did the time conversions online, and forgot that the challenge would encompass the daylight savings time for the US zone, but not Europe (US was last weekend, Europe is in two weeks). So the form was correct, but the instructions were off by one hour for the US. Which is a damn shame, because daylight savings time is very dear to me: it's the only day of the year when I get to make sweet love to my wife for one hour and one minute...

Enough with the jokes, here's the good news:

teddymcw, ismael and saidnelson , your submission will be taken into account for this challenge. You're in!

Sorry about the snafu guys, I'll be more careful next time. :oops:

Wickline

13 Mar 2018

My first contest in here. How long does it usually take for judges to make a decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

WongoTheSane

13 Mar 2018

Wickline wrote:
13 Mar 2018
My first contest in here. How long does it usually take for judges to make a decision?

There's no set date, but it should take one week at most (so that you can take advantage of the intro price for at least another week after the announcement).

jayhosking

13 Mar 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
13 Mar 2018
There are sounds in this track that make me want to go back and re-explore the device. Fantastic arpeggiations and tones.

Wickline

13 Mar 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
Wickline wrote:
13 Mar 2018

There's no set date, but it should take one week at most (so that you can take advantage of the intro price for at least another week after the announcement).
Sounds good - thanks!

:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2018

WongoTheSane wrote:
13 Mar 2018
daylight savings time is very dear to me: it's the only day of the year when I get to make sweet love to my wife for one hour and one minute...
:lol:

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Mar 2018

modecca wrote:
13 Mar 2018
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
13 Mar 2018

I sabotaged your soup: That tambourine loop was made with Thor! dun dUN DUNN!
Seeing what a dominate role that tambourine has in the song, I would be content with you handing over the synth to me should you win (what a juicy filter that thing has) and you can keep the refills!
Seriously though, excellent entry and I love that brief melancholic motif that starts @ 1:30!
Wow you literally had me thinking for several seconds, "Oh shit, was that actually a Thor hyperreal tambourine patch, complete with the natural room reverb?" Kinda scared me a little.

Thanks for the compliment. I like retro hardware emulation synths! This one definitely evokes that certain time and style of music that pushed my nostalgia button. Yeah, I love the sound of opening and closing the filter with a little, or a lot of resonance. Your entry is nice because it focuses on the pure tone of the instrument, letting single notes sing, which is very stimulating, as if it opens up my sinuses and brain stem simultaneously.

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2018

Took some times to listen to all the entries here. Boy, I'm feeling like I didn't give mine enough effort.

Nice entries everyone

• Information