Your very first reason song? Your latest one?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ravisoni

07 Feb 2018

Hey guys, got this idea from SoulState's reply in the other thread about tap tempo shortcuts.

It'd be nice to do a comparison of your very first reason track with your very latest track to see how far you've come. I'll post both of mine tomorrow (too late rn, and dunno which ext hard drive I archived my first song in, but I'll get to it)! Wanted to make this thread before I forget to do it at all. :P
Looking forward to your "befores and afters"!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

QVprod

07 Feb 2018

Don't think my first song still exists, but I can point you too the first released song I produced and one of the most recent ones.

Before (circa 2009/2010):

After (2018):

Melody303

08 Feb 2018

First complete song in Reason (August 11, 2002)

Latest complete song in Reason (October 5, 2017)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

makke

08 Feb 2018

My first and so far my only Reason made track. Made on Reason Essentials 9.5 :mrgreen:

buddard
RE Developer

08 Feb 2018

Here's the first track I ever made in Reason about 7 years ago (in Reason 5/Record 1.5 duo):

And here's the latest:

Biolumin3sc3nt

08 Feb 2018

ImageMy First real track was "Get High Tonight" with my High school friends. Think "Parliament" inspired. Colleen and Matt on id labs and Chorus. Super Funny and now I wanna hear it. Sad thing tho is I need to recover that old ass hard drive. Backed it up on CD, which in 1999 was a pretty big deal - but.... Those are never to be found. If anyone specializes in Data Recovery, I'd love to hear from you!

buddard
RE Developer

08 Feb 2018

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
08 Feb 2018
My First real track was "Get High Tonight" with my High school friends. Think "Parliament" inspired. Colleen and Matt on id labs and Chorus. Super Funny and now I wanna hear it. Sad thing tho is I need to recover that old ass hard drive. Backed it up on CD, which in 1999 was a pretty big deal - but.... Those are never to be found. If anyone specializes in Data Recovery, I'd love to hear from you!
But wasn't Reason 1.0 released in 2000 or 2001?

Biolumin3sc3nt

08 Feb 2018

buddard wrote:
08 Feb 2018
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
08 Feb 2018
My First real track was "Get High Tonight" with my High school friends. Think "Parliament" inspired. Colleen and Matt on id labs and Chorus. Super Funny and now I wanna hear it. Sad thing tho is I need to recover that old ass hard drive. Backed it up on CD, which in 1999 was a pretty big deal - but.... Those are never to be found. If anyone specializes in Data Recovery, I'd love to hear from you!
But wasn't Reason 1.0 released in 2000 or 2001?
It was mostly Sonic Foundry Acid/ Sound Forge - with touch of Rebirth here and there. I remember us Dumpster diving in Madison, for thrown away copies. We felt like true successful Pirates. But then comes along Reason 1.0 and that shit blew me away. 2001 was a good year musically

syncanonymous

08 Feb 2018

well, the latency I never sorted out from 2000-2010 means everything listenable pre 2010 is all mouse work
I think I did better finished songs on Rebirth back in 1999.
Funny thing about Reason is it has always seemed like a computer stress test...even now, with a new desktop computer...I find myself creating stress tests to see where my limits are...
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

EnochLight

08 Feb 2018

My very first and last Reason song ever, right HERE .
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ravisoni

09 Feb 2018

Thanks for sharing guys! The "growth" definitely shows, and I'm kind of impressed with all the "before" tracks. My initial tracks weren't as good as your guys'. :)

syncanonymous: All of my work for the first 2 years was completely step-drawing. All mouse work, no keyboards, and I oftentimes find myself making better stuff than when I pick up an actual instrument. In the latest track here, a lot of it was midi-controller based, but the fine tuning (and the bulk of the work) was done just picking and choosing better notes and arrangement -- all with the mouse.

Enochlight: Sometimes I get really confused by randomly placed jokes, so pardon me as I still try to figure out the point of your reply. :P

Here's my very first "completed" track:

And here's the latest one:
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

PhillipOrdonez

09 Feb 2018

Some of your first tracks are better than my latest tracks...

Here goes, my first original track (released) as the first track I ever made does not exist anymore and my first releases were remixes. This one was done via rewire, though, does it count? From around 2010:

Latest finished (released) track, 100% reason:

EnochLight

09 Feb 2018

ravisoni wrote:
09 Feb 2018
Enochlight: Sometimes I get really confused by randomly placed jokes, so pardon me as I still try to figure out the point of your reply. :P
The point was this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, my first tunes in Reason were just me doing covers of other songs in a bid to learn the software (one of the best methods of learning music software is doing covers, IMHO). I've long since deleted those projects, though.

My latest finished track is a bit old actually (over a year). Been too busy with family and work to work on music, I'm afraid.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

modecca

09 Feb 2018

🔗💥

Ahornberg

09 Feb 2018

one of my first (I think I made it more that 10 years ago):

you hear the early Reason NN-19 sounds (flute and guitar both sound typical)

my latest:

here I used VST effects

nickb523
RE Developer

09 Feb 2018

My first Reason track was around 2002 -

This was in 2009 -

This was 2015-

This was summer last year -

:)

EnochLight

09 Feb 2018

nickb523 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
My first Reason track was around 2002 -

skepticalproductions.bandcamp.com/track/basic-training

This was in 2009 -

skepticalproductions.bandcamp.com/track/red-sky-night-2

This was 2015-

soundcloud.com/skeptical-productions/skeptical-twin-peaks-direct-from-the-black-lodge

This was summer last year -

skepticalproductions.bandcamp.com/track/grenada-brea

:)
Hey man - I just wanted to chime in and say I love your work! I can feel the BoC influence, and that's awesome.

drloop

10 Feb 2018

The first released song made in Reason

But I used Reason for many years before this release, but did release songs before this one.

The latest release, swedish song

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2018

My first track in Reason (from 2011). I was just trying to figure out the most basic things. Lots of soundbank FX samples :D
The weird melody came from typing in random notes into the sequencer. I was looking to trial some synth presets and I had to type in some notes in order to do that. It just happened to work out pretty well with this lfo filter driven preset so I kept it :)
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13691438

Latest track. Completely different style so they're not even comparable.
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13681760

riemac

10 Feb 2018

makke wrote:
08 Feb 2018
My first and so far my only Reason made track. Made on Reason Essentials 9.5 :mrgreen:

Very nice trance track. You should upgrade to the full version and produce more of those.
Are you the one how made the tuned kick sample pack?

makke

10 Feb 2018

riemac wrote:
10 Feb 2018
makke wrote:
08 Feb 2018

Very nice trance track. You should upgrade to the full version and produce more of those.
Hi, yes, it's me and my kicks. I was surprised how much people liked them. People are still asking me to do more kicks 😎

I actually offered (for free) my kicks (around 650 kicks) via Facebook to Prop's to add them in Reason 10 factory bank. They read my message but didin't answered me anything.. Not even I asked again. Same thing, they saw the message but no answer. Not so professional 😐 There is never enough kicks and if more people find them useful, that is all I wanted and hoped.

I bought Essentials just to try Reason out. Idea was to make a one song and then see how I feel about Reason. After I finished that Feel The Love, I made my own thread in feature request section and write down what I miss.

When the Reason 10 came out, I had high hopes on workflow fixes, but I was disappointed to see that there was zero workflow fixes. In the end, I end up to sell my Essentials license to my friend. So this is my first and only Reason track what I have made. So far..

..Because there is something in Reason what I really like, and thats why I keep reading Reasontalk every day. Hoping to see new update which would include workflow fixes, maybe something where I hope fixes. If Reason will fix / add my FR, I definately will buy Reason again and use it more. That's why I keep lurking here and waiting the 10.5 update. Having high hopes on it 🤗

Oquasec

10 Feb 2018

My First Reason song was in 2011

I was always doing the ethnic thing at the start, but tried many different styles out.
Last edited by Oquasec on 10 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

artotaku

10 Feb 2018

makke wrote:
10 Feb 2018
riemac wrote:
10 Feb 2018

Hi, yes, it's me and my kicks. I was surprised how much people liked them. People are still asking me to do more kicks 😎

I actually offered (for free) my kicks (around 650 kicks) via Facebook to Prop's to add them in Reason 10 factory bank. They read my message but didin't answered me anything.. Not even I asked again. Same thing, they saw the message but no answer. Not so professional 😐 There is never enough kicks and if more people find them useful, that is all I wanted and hoped.

I bought Essentials just to try Reason out. Idea was to make a one song and then see how I feel about Reason. After I finished that Feel The Love, I made my own thread in feature request section and write down what I miss.

When the Reason 10 came out, I had high hopes on workflow fixes, but I was disappointed to see that there was zero workflow fixes. In the end, I end up to sell my Essentials license to my friend. So this is my first and only Reason track what I have made. So far..

..Because there is something in Reason what I really like, and thats why I keep reading Reasontalk every day. Hoping to see new update which would include workflow fixes, maybe something where I hope fixes. If Reason will fix / add my FR, I definately will buy Reason again and use it more. That's why I keep lurking here and waiting the 10.5 update. Having high hopes on it 🤗
I use your kicks in all of my songs. What I like is their long decay time for the sub so I can taylor it to fit in the mix. I even prefer them to the Vengeance ones. So thanks for that.

• Information