Parafilter III Sequencer RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

04 Feb 2018

tumar wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
02 Feb 2018
I've always wanted a Sherman Filterbank RE. Parafilter III certainly points towards this direction. But it's no Sherman Filterbank.
Have you tried D16 Devastor? Acording to many forums, this is closest software Sherman equivalent.
Actually I haven't. But I do have the Decimort 2, which is fantastic. I really need to get hold of the Devastor 2. Been holding out for a sale but it doesn't happen that often .......... or I keep missing it.

Also got one of these in my rack (my real rack), which is a bit like an analog version of 1 channel of the Parafilter III (without the sequencer). Really nice bit of kit though. A shame they stopped making these;

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/al ... h-xone-vf1

MannequinRaces

04 Feb 2018

Only 16 patches... weak. Was expecting more than that... this RE has potential but developers really need to do a better job of making us want to mash the 'buy it now' button.

EdGrip

05 Feb 2018

Another really classy UI from another RE newcomer. This is good.

MannequinRaces

07 Feb 2018

Just saw the extra combinators and demo songs on the BHS website so that helps out A LOT in helping sell this device. I must have missed reading at the bottom of the shop page 'For free presets, please feel free to visit our homepage.' :) Still trailing but liking what I'm seeing so far.

geronimo

07 Feb 2018

A little Gift _
ParaFilter.jpg.zip
(30.7 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Harmen

07 Feb 2018

Can this software do stuff like Rebirth PCF ?

Cherry,

scratchnsnifff

07 Feb 2018

I do hope that this thing gets some of those dual filter types like high pass/notch in particular. I did send speo a message and he said he would keep it in mind so that’s cool. It would be very nice to see some phaser and chorus/flanger algorithms so we could have two sequences that are normal sweeps and one with a creative phaser filter. I’m pretty sure there is CV so it is possible, but it would be nice if it was inside the box :) also, I noticed the sequencer is strikingly similar to Frame CV, any chance of when drawing the second column-click hold and drag to make a curve? Either way with or without these features a job well done by Speo and BHK. First (ish) release
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

BHK INSTRUMENTS

07 Feb 2018

Thanks for your feedback, we have written down some wishes.

If you are interested, we have posted a video of the basic idea on our facebook page. It's true, you can also build the functions of the RE version with reasons stock plug. :)

Stay tuned, we will provide you with more free presets around this RE on our homepage, as compensation for the poor amout of presets. :)

Faastwalker

08 Feb 2018

BHK INSTRUMENTS wrote:
07 Feb 2018
It's true, you can also build the functions of the RE version with reasons stock plug :)
This is probably true of a lot of RE's to be honest. Unless they are doing something genuinely fresh or wildly different than anything currently available. In spite of this it is nice to have new stuff that sounds good, looks good & is fun to use. Parafilter III definitely ticks all these boxes so it's an attractive proposition in it's own right. I'm loving it but I'm not sure I'm going to buy it ......... yet. Definitely on the wish list though ;)

theshoemaker

09 Feb 2018

This tool is about fast prototyping and sculpting a sound, not about what's doable in Reason. Btw. I used to talk with him about this device for devloping and used it as "Native Device from Reason Song File" thing. You don't want to mess with a setup like this, believe me :)

Besides that I'm sorry for never getting to the point wher we really started developing it. I guess part of it where, that I'm more interested in complete Synth devices which offer similar stuff like this.

That's also a reason why I really love the new envelops of Europa and Grain. You can do Roughly the same ... but just within Europa itself.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

tiker01

09 Feb 2018

BHK INSTRUMENTS wrote:
07 Feb 2018
Thanks for your feedback, we have written down some wishes.

If you are interested, we have posted a video of the basic idea on our facebook page. It's true, you can also build the functions of the RE version with reasons stock plug. :)

Stay tuned, we will provide you with more free presets around this RE on our homepage, as compensation for the poor amout of presets. :)
I suggest to include them in the device's patchbank by updating the Re. That has the advantage of making sure everyone has all the patches which prevents song cross compatibility issues and paints a nicer picture for those trial the Re.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

BHK INSTRUMENTS

10 Feb 2018

tiker01 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
I suggest to include them in the device's patchbank by updating the Re. That has the advantage of making sure everyone has all the patches which prevents song cross compatibility issues and paints a nicer picture for those trial the Re.
There are still presets to come, the current ones were all made with Reason 9, and some new ones have been added to the demo folder on our download page yesterday. Besides some new others, also drumloop chopping and sequencing combinator instruments included now. The "Bybass all FX" button of the Combinator is the on/off button to start and stop the drum play. It's all packed in a self containing songfile labeled as "Parafilter III RE_Combinators".

Have Fun!

BHK INSTRUMENTS

12 Feb 2018

nickb523 wrote:
02 Feb 2018
GUI is spot on. Perfect device for creating those Skrillex and co style basses without having a ton of automation lanes in the sequencer.
Without Reason and some of our very first sample packs, the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites EP would sound different, or even not exist. ;)

BHK INSTRUMENTS

12 Feb 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
07 Feb 2018
I do hope that this thing gets some of those dual filter types like high pass/notch in particular. I did send speo a message and he said he would keep it in mind so that’s cool. It would be very nice to see some phaser and chorus/flanger algorithms so we could have two sequences that are normal sweeps and one with a creative phaser filter. I’m pretty sure there is CV so it is possible, but it would be nice if it was inside the box :) also, I noticed the sequencer is strikingly similar to Frame CV, any chance of when drawing the second column-click hold and drag to make a curve? Either way with or without these features a job well done by Speo and BHK. First (ish) release
Thanks!

btw, you can create these type of filtering with parafilter, as you see you have three filters in parallel, to create dual filter types, just use two in parallel. Select for the first filter a high pass, and for the second a Notch.

We have refrained from further on-board effects as there are plenty of others that can be connected pre or post through parafilter's inputs and outputs. There is also a combinator preset (Demo Folder) with a pre and post set up, three EQ's are added Pre, and three Post which serve as a connection for further effect racks or vst's. Use the Sequencer CV outs to automate their parameters, if cv inputs are missing, cv sequence combinator rotaries/assigned to these parameters.

"when drawing the second column-click hold and drag to make a curve?" Can you please explain that more precisely, because I do not quite understand what you mean by that?

Faastwalker

13 Feb 2018

Playing with this again last night. Love it, love it, love it. Lots of fun, I think it sounds great & is a really cool creative FX, which is my favorite type of RE device (I'm bored shitless with EQs & compressors!!). Purchased this morning to take advantage of the intro price. An excellent RE & some good points made above about how building something similar in Reason is doable but a pain in the backside. Having this in a single, beautifully presented RE is preferable. Not far shy of $80 here in Aus (that's the intro price conversion) but for me this is one of the best RE's in the shop for a while ;)

BHK INSTRUMENTS

16 May 2018

If you have not noticed yet, we have filled up the free preset folder of Parafilter. Here are also some new inspirations showing creative applications with drum samples using Parafilters sequencer to trigger and shape drums.

Tracker like sample chunk arrangements using Rex files

-

Humanization through sequenced pitch & volume envelope clips:

-

Kick snare and hihat are triggered by the LFO out sequencer automation, the cymbals are Triggered by the CV outs. In this combination
you can arrange kits from up to nine samples:

Free Download Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/etyhk9

-

This video that shows roughly how to set up CV out and LFO out triggering:

Enjoy!

Faastwalker

16 May 2018

Cool. I hadn't noticed myself BTW.

BHK INSTRUMENTS

30 Apr 2019

I've spent the last few days with Arpeggio player like patterns and thought I'll share the project from this video with you.

The connection is quite simple, seq CV1 to synth or sampler "semitone parameter" via combinators programmer.

Then its all about creating arp like patterns with clips on sequencer page CV1.

Some synths have a larger semiton range, here it helps to create two following 4 step clips on any pattern, then put the envelope line of the first clip completely down and the one of the second clip completely down. So you can calibrate the semitone range " min max" and A/B while playing note C on your key.

Hope this inspires and brings some of you working with this rack extension on new ideas.

Happy Sequencing :)

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3ibv94

friday

30 Apr 2019

Thanks, used Parafilter a lot in the beginning. But then i felt like there was not enough presets. I am more in to makinge whole songs, than in to single patch design. Would be willing to pay for an refill! Because parafilter sounds really good.

two shoes

02 May 2019

this thing is right up my alley, but i just can't bring myself to pay $90 for it and that's coming from someone who's bought a lot of overpriced REs. i'd consider it if it ever wen't on a 50% off sale.

diminished
Competition Winner

02 May 2019

two shoes wrote:
02 May 2019
this thing is right up my alley, but i just can't bring myself to pay $90 for it and that's coming from someone who's bought a lot of overpriced REs. i'd consider it if it ever wen't on a 50% off sale.
Same here. Totally not saying it's overpriced, just out of my budget atm because I have some other purchases I want to get first.
It's like Glitch's older, mature brother, who went to college and stopped the silly stuff. He is also best friends with the artist Squarepusher. Looking forward to this!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

eusti

02 May 2019

Picked it up at the last sale... Black Friday? As much as I liked the idea and execution of it, I felt the normal price was a bit steep... Glad I was able to nab it... Though I agree more patches would help...

D.

BHK INSTRUMENTS

22 May 2019

We have refreshed the additional folder again with more presets and demo song files for your pleasure with the Parafilter Rack Extension!

Download here: https://bhksamples.com/free-samples/

dusan.cani

23 Jul 2019

This thing sounds very good. High quality filter algorithms and very good sounding drive + noise control.

But I am missing some very important parameters for this device:

- Mute + Solo buttons for each filter channel
- Master output level

mcatalao
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
23 Jul 2019
This thing sounds very good. High quality filter algorithms and very good sounding drive + noise control.

But I am missing some very important parameters for this device:

- Mute + Solo buttons for each filter channel
- Master output level
Do you have Selig Gain? I use it at the end of almost every signal chain.

• Information