Air music tech instrument expansion pack

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
tt_lab

19 Jan 2015

i've just received an offer to buy this cos I'm an mpc ren owner, but don't know if this is good enough for 130 bucks.
Any insight?
Thanx IA

Petegwatson

20 Jan 2015

Hi I have the AIR expansion pack and I really like it.

You get a lot for you money. I particularly like Vacuum Pro and Velvet.
The other synths are nice with a lot of decent presets and flexible if you want to layer sounds - but I haven't tried creating anything.
Velvet is a very nice electric piano - very playable
Strike is fairly unique - I am not crazy about the kits and don't actually use it for anything (I mainly use EzDrummer, Superior or Reason refills) but might be alright if you don't have anything else
The sampler has an OK library with some usable sounds but as I have Kontakt i haven't use it for much
Transfuser is fun, but i don't have much use for it.

I would suggest checking our some videos of what each does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PKskR4rfF8

Considering what else you could get for the money, I do think overall this is good value and  i am happy i have it.
Soundcloud - peachy

dreampolice

20 Jan 2015

$130 for that is a no brainer! 

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

dreampolice wrote:$130 for that is a no brainer! 
This.. also what I paid for it as a b day treat to myself.. and for that money, I dare say it's tied for best value upgrade bundle ever with Arturia V Collection 4 (that was $169 from just 2 instruments i had, and i get like 13.. amazing).

Actually i prefer these two bundles vs komplete as they are far less common, particularly the air music one.

The only thing i haven't done is check out structure's sample library yet, but all the others stuff is great. i was initially a bit underwhelmed with a couple of them but then got to creating my own sounds.. for the preset users, hybrid has tons though.

tt_lab

21 Jan 2015

Thanx guys,
I bought it...
Now I have to play with it for a while to see the value.

• Information