Malware on the forum.

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
EdGrip

20 Jan 2018

Oy! Slags!
I keep getting malware-y popups from your forum on my Android phone, "Your Nexus 5X has a virus, press OK to continue!' type shiz. Have to close the tab to get rid of it. No other site's been doing it so I think it's you not me. Sort it out
Tidy.

submonsterz

20 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
20 Jan 2018
Oy! Slags!
I keep getting malware-y popups from your forum on my Android phone, "Your Nexus 5X has a virus, press OK to continue!' type shiz. Have to close the tab to get rid of it. No other site's been doing it so I think it's you not me. Sort it out
Tidy.
We all ready had thread about this looks as though the culprit has not been identified then I got the sexy.bitbitly.com one from here or something like that can't remember the exact letters after the bitbit now but i purged and recieved it a second time.i uninstalled chrome reinstalled after purging it fingers crossed not been back as of yet...

EdGrip

21 Jan 2018

submonsterz wrote:
20 Jan 2018
...then I got the sexy.bitbitly.com one from here or something like that...
That's WAY beyond Fairlight. :shock:
This is our fault for not buying refills when we were told to. Vengeance.

moneykube

21 Jan 2018

no phone... no matware
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip

21 Jan 2018

No computer - no malware.

joeyluck

21 Jan 2018

I haven't encountered this on my computer, phone, or on any computers at work. But it's not the first report we've seen. It's confusing to me because it's just Google ads that Kenni is using. Which should not behave much differently than any other website. Does it make a difference if you browse the site incognito?

Kenni
Site Admin

21 Jan 2018

I'm seeing several weird behaviors at the moment. No malware though!

It's as if there's not many advertisers this close after Christmas buying in on the ad bids which makes both ad earnings go down (currently 62%) and the type of ads that go through questionable. A lot of dating ads disguised as ads in the accepted categories and the likes.

The ad capturing your screen is not a malware ad. Its an ad type that I've blocked from the whole domain disguised in another category. A false positive. I've reported these ads to Google.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Loque

21 Jan 2018

Just in the moment I read this, i won an iPhone...
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

21 Jan 2018

It's not consistent - maybe three times in the last week, out of ~20-30 site visits.

Aosta

21 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
21 Jan 2018
No woman - no cry.
Tend the flame

pushedbutton

21 Jan 2018

I don't usually browse on my phone but when I did earlier I got redirected to some shady bullshit download thing. nothing seems to happen on pc though. - not that i can see evidence of anyhow.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

moneykube

21 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Jan 2018
Just in the moment I read this, i won an iPhone...
lololol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well I get a few million from a bank that saved my money from thieves... they just need my name !!!! ummmm :question: :lol: :idea:

moneykube

24 Jan 2018

please send... name
banking information... and we will get back as soon as possible.... after your bank is emptied

motuscott

25 Jan 2018

Aosta wrote:
21 Jan 2018
EdGrip wrote:
21 Jan 2018
No woman - no cry.
No mouth - no scream
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

submonsterz

25 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
21 Jan 2018
submonsterz wrote:
20 Jan 2018
...then I got the sexy.bitbitly.com one from here or something like that...
I'll live with the redirects etc rather than buy any bitley refills for not much more than said refill at full price I bought vengeance way back in a deal for just tad over that refills price I'll stick with vengeance it's so much of a beast and we'll bitley refills compared to that no contest I'll leave his old dated synth emulated sounds alone and stick where I'm at in more than happy land :lol:

Noplan
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2018

Ooh, a talking moose wants my credit card number. That's only fair!

moneykube

25 Jan 2018

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noplan wrote:
25 Jan 2018
Ooh, a talking moose wants my credit card number. That's only fair!

DanAnders

18 Jul 2020

You can get those a lot online now because everything is filled with viruses. I started getting those even on my PC and I had no idea how to solve it so I watched a tutorial online, it is pretty simple. You go on https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-regi ... aner-tools and you download a cleaning tool from it. After that you install it and when you run it you will have an option to clean your browsers also. It does a great job and now I never get those annoying adds and I can browse the forums I like without getting annoyed.

moneykube

20 Jul 2020

I actually got a malware warning clicking on one thread 2 weeks ago about... thread escapes me... but Avast caught a tracker

bitley

30 Jul 2020

submonsterz wrote:
25 Jan 2018
EdGrip wrote:
21 Jan 2018

I'll live with the redirects etc rather than buy any bitley refills for not much more than said refill at full price I bought vengeance way back in a deal for just tad over that refills price I'll stick with vengeance it's so much of a beast and we'll bitley refills compared to that no contest I'll leave his old dated synth emulated sounds alone and stick where I'm at in more than happy land :lol:
Wait so you don't have my refills and you still think you can post criticism? :?

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2020

DanAnders wrote:
18 Jul 2020
You can get those a lot online now because everything is filled with viruses. I started getting those even on my PC and I had no idea how to solve it so I watched a tutorial online, it is pretty simple. You go on https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-regi ... aner-tools and you download a cleaning tool from it. After that you install it and when you run it you will have an option to clean your browsers also. It does a great job and now I never get those annoying adds and I can browse the forums I like without getting annoyed.
I just don't install viruses. Much easier than using that registry cleaner ;)

jibranahmed

18 Nov 2020

EdGrip wrote:
21 Jan 2018
Same. I didn't faced any problem. I think he has problem with his mobile.

• Information