Convert VST3 to VST2?

Discuss VST stuff here!
jmusic

15 Jul 2017

I have some VST3 plugins that I would like to use in Reason 9.5. Unfortunately, Reason 9.5 doesn't support VST3s. Can jBridge or another application wrap or convert VST3s to VST2?

xylyx

16 Jul 2017

Try this:

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

I haven't tried the new version and don't know if v2 supported VST3 (the new version does) but own v2 and use it to get round the GUI issues I have with Cakewalk's Rapture plugin in Reason...

Oquasec

16 Jul 2017

Ah.
Minihost modular
Chainer
Savihost
EMI
Bluecat patchwork
Plogue bidule???
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jmusic

18 Jul 2017

Thanks

AttenuationHz

18 Jul 2017

VST3 is not supported neither is 32bit so just take note of what plug-ins they are if you manage to get them to work somehow.

I only say this because I have Patchworks and when I load VST3 onto it, it will work to a degree but right clicking on the plug-in windows crashes Reason.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

wireless

21 Jan 2018

xylyx wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Try this:

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

I haven't tried the new version and don't know if v2 supported VST3 (the new version does) but own v2 and use it to get round the GUI issues I have with Cakewalk's Rapture plugin in Reason...
Thought I might try this and see if it helps me get around a problem with Waves F6 Dynamic EQ (currently cannot get at the sidechain controls as this is a VST3 function not supported by Reason using VST 2.4).

No joy unfortunately but thought it worth documenting as might help others. DDMF Metaplugin gives the option during installation of selecting either VST x64 or VST 3 x64. If you choose the former then nothing is gained (i.e. runs the same as native Reason). If you choose the latter then Reason VST scanner does not find the Metaplugin VST device.

Back to awaiting next update in Reason so that I can get full use out of this plugin (which is otherwise great!)..... :cry:

• Information