Winter Competition - The winners!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
WongoTheSane

05 Jan 2018

Here is the list of winners in this epic event, the ReasonTalk Winter Competition!

#1 - ilikestargazing - Polar

You win: a Propellerhead Reason 10 upgrade, 2 Blamsoft Rack Extensions, Fielding SoundWorks' Europa Relay ReFill , one GForce Rack Extension, Jiggery-Pokery's JPS Harmonic Synthesizer, KiloHearts' Toolbox, one bundle of choice from Kuassa, 3 Rack Extensions from Lab:One Recordings, Lectric Panda's Nostromo, Mathieu Demange's RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer, Reasonistas' SideChain ReAction Enveloper, Robotic Bean's Resonans (and a collectors cowbell!), Selig Audio's Leveler + his next (as yet unveiled) device, and Softphonics Score and Score2 series!

#2 - raveled - The December Song

You win: one Blamsoft Rack Extension, Fielding SoundWorks' Europa Relay ReFill , one GForce Rack Extension, Jiggery-Pokery's Chenille Chorus Ensemble, KiloHearts' Faturator and Transient Shaper, one Rack Extension of choice from Kuassa, 2 Rack Extensions from Lab:One Recordings, Lectric Panda's Fritz, Mathieu Demange's RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer, Reasonistas' SideChain ReAction Enveloper, one Rack Extension from Robotic Bean (and a collectors cowbell!), Selig Audio's DeEsser, and Softphonics Score series!

#3 - turbopage - The WinterMaker

You win: one Blamsoft Rack Extension, one GForce Rack Extension, one organ of choice from Jiggery-Pokery, KiloHearts' Faturator and Transient Shaper, one Rack Extension of choice from Kuassa, 2 Rack Extensions from Lab:One Recordings, Lectric Panda's Fritz, Mathieu Demange's RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer, Reasonistas' SideChain ReAction Enveloper, one Rack Extension from Robotic Bean (and a collectors cowbell!), and Selig Audio's Gain!

(note to the authors: you're welcome to change the status of your post - private/public - but if you do, the link will change; we'd be grateful if you could notify us in this case, so we can update the links above).

Congratulations, it was a tough battle with the worthiest opponents we could hope for. Fantastic songs all around and all judges have stated they had the utmost difficulty in picking and ordering them.

4 of you also won the lottery: Noplan, VHS, TalosBrun and miquielbanks. You each get one Rack Extension of choice from the Blamsoft Trifecta bundle, one Rack Extension of choice from the Kuassa Effektor Modulation bundle, one Rack Extension of choice from the Kuassa Effektor Distorsion bundle, and the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer from Mathieu Demange!

We'll email you in the coming days so you can select your favorite devices and start playing with the loot!

Thanks all for participating, thanks to the sponsors for making this possible, thanks for watching the stream, and watch this space: there's more on the way!

You can still listen to all submissions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7504936

And you can watch the stream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAYqwqbkJc

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

Congrats to the winners.
Awesome contest with lots of great music. I'm glad I wasn't a judge because that would have been hard to say the least.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this competition happen. I find all these song challenges very inspiring so I really appreciate the work that goes into it. I hope they will continue in some way or another.

dimi

06 Jan 2018

Congrats to the winners! Great music and great inspiration! The Music once again proves, it's the greatest art!
Thanks everyone!!!

Noplan
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to the organizers of this competition. I liked it, you should do that more often. Maybe next season change, until we have all four. ;) I did not want to submit my song at first, but I am glad that I did that, even came under the finalists and won a prize. I was not expecting that.

raveled
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

Thanks to everyone involved in making this competition a reality! I'm hugely impressed of how well everything, from start to end, was carried out. Also, the live-streaming was so much fun!

It feels overwhelming to be among the top three - there were just so many good entries! I am really glad the song was appreciated, thank you.

Ahornberg

06 Jan 2018

Congrats to all the winners! It was a great live show last night :thumbs_up:

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

1st place was well deserved! What a beautiful track.

turbopage
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

Thanks to the ReasonTalk staff for the great work, the live streaming on YT was really intense and fun.
All tracks really interesting and well produced, each with unique characteristics.
Thanks to the sponsors who will make my racks less empty and my music better (I hope) :)
If anyone is interested I can publish the data sheet with RE and VST used.

I made "public" the track on Soundcloud and this is the new link
Music Will Save Us

WongoTheSane

06 Jan 2018

turbopage wrote:
06 Jan 2018
Thanks to the ReasonTalk staff for the great work, the live streaming on YT was really intense and fun.
All tracks really interesting and well produced, each with unique characteristics.
Thanks to the sponsors who will make my racks less empty and my music better (I hope) :)

Link updated, thanks! And yes, I think everyone would benefit from a technical dissection of this beautiful piece! :)

modecca

06 Jan 2018

turbopage wrote:
06 Jan 2018

I predicted this would make it top 3, right about when 2018 started:

I am setting up bets next time, complete with point spreads and vig fees.

Such a deeply moving piece!
Would be interesting to see if the competition hosts in the future, would allow the winners to gift the other contestants of their choosing, some of the prizes they already own.
🔗💥

ilikestargazing
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

Wooo! That whole live event was so much fun and hats off to Kenni for the presenter job and all the judges making it interesting!
Still a little in shock that I actually won :lol: I let out a very loud "WHAT" followed by several louder "Woooo!"s, probably woke up the neighbours. Thought for sure, before the event, either Doex or Turbopage was gonna take 1st. Some seriously quality entries in there and I feel like we were all really inspired for this one. Really excited for the next time!

And thanks to all the sponsors, it's really been cool to see this level of engagement.

Also, I really enjoyed Selig's mustache :cool:

turbopage
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

The heart of the piece is the piano. I used five different piano sounds to try and make the atmosphere I was looking for: four come from "Una Corda" by NI, one from Propellerhead's Reason Pianos refill.
Some play in unisono, others are only used to make the reverse effect on some queues, others underline some movements.
The strings comes from StringWERK by e-instruments, except for SoftPhonics EncoRe bass and cello.
The rhythm is produced with Izotope BreakTweaker, perfect for creating cinematic atmospheres.
Other additional sounds from ReSpire, Resonance Emotional Mallets by Impact Soundworks and Grain (processed through Izotope Stutter Edit).
Finally the sound of snowsteps come from the YouTube Content Creator Library.

thanks!
Music Will Save Us

turbopage
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

modecca wrote:
06 Jan 2018

I predicted this would make it top 3, right about when 2018 started:
Thanks!
Music Will Save Us

Bes
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

congrats to the winners
- Certified Reason expert

selig
RE Developer

07 Jan 2018

ilikestargazing wrote:
06 Jan 2018
Wooo! That whole live event was so much fun and hats off to Kenni for the presenter job and all the judges making it interesting!
Still a little in shock that I actually won :lol: I let out a very loud "WHAT" followed by several louder "Woooo!"s, probably woke up the neighbours. Thought for sure, before the event, either Doex or Turbopage was gonna take 1st. Some seriously quality entries in there and I feel like we were all really inspired for this one. Really excited for the next time!

And thanks to all the sponsors, it's really been cool to see this level of engagement.

Also, I really enjoyed Selig's mustache :cool:
Finally, someone who appreciates the important things. ;)

And congrats too!
Selig Audio, LLC

TheGodOfRainbows

08 Jan 2018

#1 - ilikestargazing - Polar
I really feel the winter vibe (elusive as it may be). I love this track. Soothing and contemplative groove. Deserves to win. Very nice.

#2 - raveled - The December Song
Awesome catchy seasonal pop song! Great production.

#3 - turbopage - The WinterMaker
Gorgeous. Everything about it. The album art, title, music, sound effects, etc, all come together and make a perfect fit. Very inspiring piece.

Fantastic entries. These tracks are inspiring. I still have to go through everyone else's entries, so I have a lot of listening to do.

Thanks everyone at ReasonTalk for keeping the challenge/competitions going. There is a nice and ever growing catalog of music here that has been created because of it!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2018

So when does the Spring Competition start? :D

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2018

raveled - The December Song

Great stuff! For me it should be n# 1.

Great example of a how a song can be completely produced inside reason!

And the delivery is great too!

raveled
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2018

mcatalao wrote:
12 Jan 2018

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it! Though I must say that "Polar" is just a crazy good tune. That melody along with that sound... magic. Also, the 143 seconds of "The WinterMaker" are so soothing.

Yes, I agree. Reason is an extraordinary piece of music software.

If someone is interested in mixing the song (for fun/practice or if you need a pop song with female vocals in your portfolio), I have made the dry stems available on my website. (www.wailbat.com). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about that (I don't want to hijack this thread) :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2018

raveled wrote:
14 Jan 2018
mcatalao wrote:
12 Jan 2018

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it! Though I must say that "Polar" is just a crazy good tune. That melody along with that sound... magic. Also, the 143 seconds of "The WinterMaker" are so soothing.

If someone is interested in mixing the song (for fun/practice or if you need a pop song with female vocals in your portfolio), I have made the dry stems available on my website. (www.wailbat.com). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about that (I don't want to hijack this thread) :)
Ahaha!!! That was a freaking good work man! Maybe i'll have a go at remixing it! ;)

raveled
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2018

mcatalao wrote:
22 Jan 2018
raveled wrote:
14 Jan 2018

Ahaha!!! That was a freaking good work man! Maybe i'll have a go at remixing it! ;)
Thanks a lot! It would be awesome to hear your mix, if you decide to give a go at it :)

• Information