Combinator label text bugged (Win10)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Exowildebeest

29 Dec 2017

Just moved to a new PC and to Windows 10. Everything seems to be working fine except for the Combinator labels :?

This is how it's supposed to look (screenshot from the web) and how it looked for me on Win7:

This is how it looks now:

Obviously, the text labels aren't right. Hard to read. Is this a known Windows 10 issue? Or am I alone here? Any way to fix it? Is Reason/Windows missing a font or something?

AttenuationHz

29 Dec 2017

Not too sure if the text on combi's is set with the windows font have you tried to use a custom font size?

or change the display settings in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

I use a custom size 103% myself on Windows 7
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

RandyEspoda

29 Dec 2017

Those are definitely due to your font settings.
Do you have 'Cleartext' disabled or something ?

Def. check your font and appearance settings,
has nothing to do with Reason itself.

Exowildebeest

29 Dec 2017

Well, I found the Font settings in the Control Panel and ran the ClearType calibration, but it didn't help :(

Could I be missing a specific font?

Such a weird issue :/

RandyEspoda

29 Dec 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Well, I found the Font settings in the Control Panel and ran the ClearType calibration, but it didn't help :(

Could I be missing a specific font?

Such a weird issue :/
Not weird, it's computers :)

If you have a high res screen, then also make SURE your DPI scale setting is at least 125%,
otherwise the fonts become unclear...(this is a Win10 exclusive thing apparently)

:thumbs_up:

EDIT: before I forget, also check the most obvious: your screen resolution -> if it isn't set to its 'native' resolution you can also get fuzzy image, but then it's not limited to only the font...

Exowildebeest

29 Dec 2017

1080p screen and the resolution is set correctly. Scaling shouldn't be needed. And it isn't post-GPU because I can screenshot it. Everything else displays fine (so far), so it's probably down to something oddly specific related to how Reason's Combinator gets its font.

And this is all on a very fresh install of Win 10. So weird.

I guess my only option is to contact PH support... But I'm lazy, it's holidays, and the issue isn't that pressing.

RandyEspoda

29 Dec 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
29 Dec 2017
1080p screen and the resolution is set correctly. Scaling shouldn't be needed. And it isn't post-GPU because I can screenshot it. Everything else displays fine (so far), so it's probably down to something oddly specific related to how Reason's Combinator gets its font.

I guess my only option is to contact PH support... But I'm lazy, it's holidays, and the issue isn't that pressing.
Well, the blurry font issue with scaling 'below' 125% IS very Win10 specific,
which would explain why you didn't suffer it in Win7 or 8.1 before...

http://www.ficpa.org/content/News/BizTe ... -Text.aspx

Ostermilk

29 Dec 2017

Confirmed, this issue is reproducing on my screen.

I've tried all the suggestions given above regarding scaling, to no avail either.

I'm on the latest build Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update) also.

Exowildebeest

29 Dec 2017

RandyEspoda wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Exowildebeest wrote:
29 Dec 2017

At 125% or higher scaling the font is the same, equally blurry, just bigger.

I also tried the compatibility scaling settings on the exe, but no luck.
Ostermilk wrote:
29 Dec 2017

I've tried all the suggestions given above regarding scaling, to no avail either.

Nice, at least I'm note alone ;)

andony

10 Sep 2020

Exowildebeest wrote:
29 Dec 2017
RandyEspoda wrote:
29 Dec 2017

At 125% or higher scaling the font is the same, equally blurry, just bigger.

I also tried the compatibility scaling settings on the exe, but no luck.
Ostermilk wrote:
29 Dec 2017

Nice, at least I'm note alone ;)
I know this is an old thread but did you find any fix for this ? I have the same problem here on Windows 10 and nothing seems to fix it.

guitfnky

10 Sep 2020

I don’t think there is a fix, sadly. I never really noticed it until getting a high resolution monitor, but yeah, the Combi text is not easy to read.

I imagine this will be corrected whenever they roll out their new high DPI support, but no idea when that might be (or whether it will even be included as a free update to v11 or tied to the next version).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

andony

10 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Sep 2020
I don’t think there is a fix, sadly. I never really noticed it until getting a high resolution monitor, but yeah, the Combi text is not easy to read.

I imagine this will be corrected whenever they roll out their new high DPI support, but no idea when that might be (or whether it will even be included as a free update to v11 or tied to the next version).
That´s just sad. I even tried to open Reason´s config file to see if I could change the font type or font size of some elements but the thing is encrypted. It looks like the only option is to wait for them to fix it but I have the feeling that it will take another 2-3 major updates until we see such thing as a "high DPI support" in Reason. They seem to just not care about these issues. :(

guitfnky

10 Sep 2020

andony wrote:
10 Sep 2020
guitfnky wrote:
10 Sep 2020

That´s just sad. I even tried to open Reason´s config file to see if I could change the font type or font size of some elements but the thing is encrypted. It looks like the only option is to wait for them to fix it but I have the feeling that it will take another 2-3 major updates until we see such thing as a "high DPI support" in Reason. They seem to just not care about these issues. :(
they’re actively working on high DPI support now. one of the Reason devs confirmed it in one of the topics here a few months ago. :)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

andony

10 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Sep 2020
andony wrote:
10 Sep 2020

they’re actively working on high DPI support now. one of the Reason devs confirmed it in one of the topics here a few months ago. :)
That´s great news.

• Information