Jeez.. The size of this thing!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoundStruggler

26 Oct 2017

I was sure the zip file with over 3 GB alone must be the whole package, but it was only 1/3rd of it. When starting Reason there is another 6.64 GB to download! So when Propellerheads call it the biggest realease ever it must be true in a litteral sence, but I think when Rack Extension was first introduced it was the greatest release. Can't remember if that was Reason 6 or 7.

Some may think the last version with VST support was the greatest, but the only use I've found so far is that I can now use my Korg M1 synth as a VST. I think I have all that I need now.

I'm excited about this new release and I think all the new synths/instrument devices will be useful for the kind of music I'm making. Thank you Propellerheads for this amazing software! :-)

Psuper

26 Oct 2017

I personally hate sample libraries these days, these "billions of gigs" of sounds do the opposite for me now - I can't stand them.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

kimothebeatmaker

26 Oct 2017

"Jeez...the size of this thing!"
Thats what she said....

I love sample libraries, even have a subscription to splice and it's huge library! Reason handles audio splicing well, I just wish it had a more updated sampler where I can edit splice points within the sampler and beat map / key map.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

Loque

26 Oct 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Thats what she said....

I love sample libraries, even have a subscription to splice and it's huge library! Reason handles audio splicing well, I just wish it had a more updated sampler where I can edit splice points within the sampler and beat map / key map.
You can drop a rex-file into a sampler or first bounce your sample to a rex and than drop into a sampler, and you can play a Octarex as well if you were looking for this feature.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

26 Oct 2017

Psuper wrote:
26 Oct 2017
I personally hate sample libraries these days, these "billions of gigs" of sounds do the opposite for me now - I can't stand them.
Haha, yeah well, I have the same feeling about my Refills, even after I went them all through and put them into their "right" folders.

nikolafeve

26 Oct 2017

is someone know where the additional downloaded files are located (OSX) please?
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

kimothebeatmaker

26 Oct 2017

Loque wrote:
26 Oct 2017
kimothebeatmaker wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Thats what she said....

You can drop a rex-file into a sampler or first bounce your sample to a rex and than drop into a sampler, and you can play a Octarex as well if you were looking for this feature.
Yep! But what I meant was for the actual sampling, splicing, adjusting, pitching, stretching, and all of that. Rex is cool, but it's really just a cool loop player.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

EnochLight

26 Oct 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Thats what she said....
Obligatory:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kuhliloach

26 Oct 2017

Thus the "biggest" upgrade ever! I assume Reason 11 will be the "bestest". Ever.

RandyEspoda

26 Oct 2017

nikolafeve wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Your music folder on the C drive normally. It has a Reason folder with the extra content

FlowerSoldier

26 Oct 2017

nikolafeve wrote:
26 Oct 2017
It's in the Library/Application Support/ Propellerhead Software folder.
You need to access it from your HD. Not the Home pane.

LudvigC
Reason Studios

27 Oct 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
26 Oct 2017
nikolafeve wrote:
26 Oct 2017
No. The Optional Content in Reason 10 (Radical Piano, Klang, Humana, Pangea, Loop Supply, Drum Supply) is installed in the Music folder, under Propellerhead Content.

/ LudvigC

plaamook

27 Oct 2017

Psuper wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Word.
I don't use em. I record my own noise. MAdness.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Ixus

27 Oct 2017

I started the additional downloads before going to sleep. When I woke up I checked Reason first thing.. "Download Failed!"
uuugh! Not one of the ones I selected had downloaded... oh well

antic604

27 Oct 2017

Ixus wrote:
27 Oct 2017
I started the additional downloads before going to sleep. When I woke up I checked Reason first thing.. "Download Failed!"
uuugh! Not one of the ones I selected had downloaded... oh well
Indeed! For me it took like 4-5h to download v10 and all the additional stuff, so either Propellerheads' servers are crap or there's huge demand.

guitfnky

31 Oct 2017

does anyone know if the data folders/files in the Music/Propellerhead Content/Optional Devices are standalone? meaning, if I copy the files from my desktop to a USB drive, and move them from there onto my laptop, will Reason start to recognize them upon boot?

I've tried downloading the additional content probably 10 times now, and Loop Supply and Pangea will not successfully download for some reason. didn't have that problem on my desktop, so I have access to the files themselves.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

CephaloPod

31 Oct 2017

It's a lot of crappy rex files though.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Jonathan10

31 Oct 2017

The best thing about reason 10 is using europa as a fantastic customizable cv sequencer. Sounds don't seem to compete with the likes of omisphere 2, Icarus etc...
:refill:

RandyEspoda

01 Nov 2017

LudvigC wrote:
27 Oct 2017
FlowerSoldier wrote:
26 Oct 2017

No. The Optional Content in Reason 10 (Radical Piano, Klang, Humana, Pangea, Loop Supply, Drum Supply) is installed in the Music folder, under Propellerhead Content.

/ LudvigC
Like I said...

jaymojangles

09 Dec 2017

guitfnky wrote:
31 Oct 2017

I've tried downloading the additional content probably 10 times now, and Loop Supply and Pangea will not successfully download for some reason.
Man having that problem now, did you ever find a solution?

guitfnky

16 Dec 2017

jaymojangles wrote:
09 Dec 2017
guitfnky wrote:
31 Oct 2017

I've tried downloading the additional content probably 10 times now, and Loop Supply and Pangea will not successfully download for some reason.
I did, but not a great one. I’d already successfully installed them on my desktop. I was able to manually copy the files from there onto a USB drive, and that did the trick.

OldManZatchmo

17 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
16 Dec 2017
jaymojangles wrote:
09 Dec 2017

I did, but not a great one. I’d already successfully installed them on my desktop. I was able to manually copy the files from there onto a USB drive, and that did the trick.
How did you do that!? The only option I see to download the managed content is through the software, with no option except to click "install". All of them fail every time. Help me Obi-wan-guitfnky, you're my only hope!

guitfnky

17 Mar 2019

OldManZatchmo wrote:
17 Mar 2019
guitfnky wrote:
16 Dec 2017

How did you do that!? The only option I see to download the managed content is through the software, with no option except to click "install". All of them fail every time. Help me Obi-wan-guitfnky, you're my only hope!
oh boy...no pressure! 😆 my particular solution isn’t going to be useful to most people... hard to remember exactly, but as I recall, I’d already managed to successfully download everything on my main PC. I was having trouble getting them installed on my laptop. the solution was to copy the files from my main PC to the USB drive, and then copy them from the USB onto the laptop.

I’ve had trouble with Reason soundbank installs in the past, and one workaround I’ve used a couple of times has been to torrent the files. you could maybe try one of these: https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... BitTorrent

the caveat is, I have no idea if any of those include the extra content. hopefully that helps though!

• Information