Please, somebody write a guitar looper rack extension.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tumar

29 Nov 2017

I told you! ;) You get also very good Reflektor as part of GRPro , you can load own IRs.

sublunar

29 Nov 2017

eiresurfer wrote:
29 Nov 2017
It's much easier with Guitar Rig to export the audio tracks and import into Reason. Plus of course, you get much more flexibility with effects, etc.
Glad you found a solution. But this is something you mentioned before and it still makes no sense to me and you said it again so I'm curious. Why would you export/import from a looper pedal in the first place? If you have an audio interface, you probably have a Hi-Z input and could plug direct into interface. No exporting/importing required. Simply play guitar/looper as intended, direct to interface.

Ahornberg

30 Nov 2017

eiresurfer wrote:
29 Nov 2017
SOLVED.

I purchased Guitar Rig Pro 5 for 99 euros. The looper on it is excellent.

Create 3 or 4 audio tracks, and merge them into a mixer track with Guitar Rig inserted. I can then use my midi keyboard damper pedal to start/stop loop recording. It works just as well, if not better, than the Boss RC pedals. It's much easier with Guitar Rig to export the audio tracks and import into Reason. Plus of course, you get much more flexibility with effects, etc.
Incredible ... didn't know that there's a looper Guitar Rig ... have it on my system and immediately tried it out ... great fun! :thumbs_up:

eiresurfer

30 Nov 2017

sublunar wrote:
29 Nov 2017
eiresurfer wrote:
29 Nov 2017
It's much easier with Guitar Rig to export the audio tracks and import into Reason. Plus of course, you get much more flexibility with effects, etc.
Glad you found a solution. But this is something you mentioned before and it still makes no sense to me and you said it again so I'm curious. Why would you export/import from a looper pedal in the first place? If you have an audio interface, you probably have a Hi-Z input and could plug direct into interface. No exporting/importing required. Simply play guitar/looper as intended, direct to interface.
Because I want to separate and process each of the individual loops. I can certainly plug the looper directly into the interface, but then I have only one .wav file containing all the loops. I use the looper for writing, so I like to mess with the different overdubs afterwards.

sublunar

30 Nov 2017

eiresurfer wrote:
30 Nov 2017
I can certainly plug the looper directly into the interface, but then I have only one .wav file containing all the loops. I use the looper for writing, so I like to mess with the different overdubs afterwards.
It's okay if we're not on the same page but I still don't understand why you're messing with .wav files in regards to your looper pedals. I have a Boss looper and I use it often. I realize it has the ability to export files but I've never once thought about using that functionality because it always seemed like pointless bells and whistles that weren't actually useful but which made for extra features in the advertising materials. I just don't understand what extra benefit mucking around with exporting .wav files from a looper would provide. So I'm not criticizing your approach just trying to understand what you're seeing that I'm not.

eiresurfer

01 Dec 2017

sublunar wrote:
30 Nov 2017
eiresurfer wrote:
30 Nov 2017
I can certainly plug the looper directly into the interface, but then I have only one .wav file containing all the loops. I use the looper for writing, so I like to mess with the different overdubs afterwards.
It's okay if we're not on the same page but I still don't understand why you're messing with .wav files in regards to your looper pedals. I have a Boss looper and I use it often. I realize it has the ability to export files but I've never once thought about using that functionality because it always seemed like pointless bells and whistles that weren't actually useful but which made for extra features in the advertising materials. I just don't understand what extra benefit mucking around with exporting .wav files from a looper would provide. So I'm not criticizing your approach just trying to understand what you're seeing that I'm not.
OK, I have 3 loops recorded from my guitar. If I do this on a Boss RC device (or any looper), I want to be able to take each individual loop and process them in different ways: apply crazy delay to loop1, reverse loop 2, chop up loop 3, and then put them back together again. Not only that, but but the 3 loops might be three different instruments, or one of them might be vocals. With just one .wav file I can't do any of this.

sublunar

01 Dec 2017

eiresurfer wrote:
01 Dec 2017
OK, I have 3 loops recorded from my guitar. If I do this on a Boss RC device (or any looper), I want to be able to take each individual loop and process them in different ways: apply crazy delay to loop1, reverse loop 2, chop up loop 3, and then put them back together again. Not only that, but but the 3 loops might be three different instruments, or one of them might be vocals. With just one .wav file I can't do any of this.
Thank you for explaining, it gives me new insight on how other people use things that I wasn't aware of.

I've always done all the tweaking of files which you're referring to inside of my DAW. The looper, in my usage, is just for performing. I've never and probably will never export audio from the looper. If anything I may record the looped arrangement by the usual methods. This is why your references to wav files was throwing me off, since I never touch them in regards to my looper. But now it makes more sense. Thanks for replying.

• Information