[UPDATE] Winners - New Loops Song Challenge!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
ismael

15 Nov 2017

Is there a track duration limit? Cause i'm really struggling with the genre of the track, and i maybe could do a kind of crossover between these genres.... not sure yet. Just asking so i know how i could finish my submission (maybe separate my different ideas, and choose the "best").
Thanks! (btw, thanks for this competition, sometimes this really motivates me to produce music and finish a track)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2017

ismael wrote:
15 Nov 2017
Is there a track duration limit? Cause i'm really struggling with the genre of the track, and i maybe could do a kind of crossover between these genres.... not sure yet. Just asking so i know how i could finish my submission (maybe separate my different ideas, and choose the "best").
Thanks! (btw, thanks for this competition, sometimes this really motivates me to produce music and finish a track)
I think you're free to do whatever you want. I have in the past and no one has yelled at me before when I've written for these song challenges. And my music is typically pretty hard to specify genre wise. The rules doesn't say anything about neither genres nor the lenght of track. I've seen everything from 1 minute to 16 minutes. The only rule regarding this was that you could only have one entry/track per person.

faun2500

16 Nov 2017

No genre or time limit but it's unlikely a 5 second track would win. :) I would have though between 2 - 8 minutes would be a decent track length.
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

AttenuationHz

17 Nov 2017

Seems soundcloud is not working for me. No forums are showing embedded players here and or other sites. Go to my SC page and nothing seems to be there. If its just down for maintenance or whatever fair enough... But if not its been good :? :cry:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

WongoTheSane

17 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Seems soundcloud is not working for me. No forums are showing embedded players here and or other sites. Go to my SC page and nothing seems to be there. If its just down for maintenance or whatever fair enough... But if not its been good :? :cry:
Working fine here, both on the site and embedded, but you posted this an hour ago so it might have been fixed in the meantime...

AttenuationHz

17 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
17 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Working fine here, both on the site and embedded, but you posted this an hour ago so it might have been fixed in the meantime...
Yeah back up there now!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

DonnieAlan

17 Nov 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I screen-captured my track if anybody is interested. I don't expect anybody to sit there for three and a half hours watching me screw around but it might be worthy of a skippy walkthrough. My original plan was to record commentary as well but I just can't do that. I get too focused and move too quickly.
Thanks for sharing this video. I skipped through it. It was fun to see how you approached it. I liked how you put all the mix channels on one side of the rack. I never thought of doing that before. Makes perfect sense to do that!

faun2500

17 Nov 2017

hearthis is useful for hosting audio as well - https://hearthis.at/?l=en
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

strangers
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2017

Here's my entry. The limited time frame forced me to break free of endless tweaking and noodling to focus on finishing a song. Even with a limited amount of samples this was fun to make them into my own sounds to fit the song. Hope you guys enjoy and good luck to all participants!

Mr. Watts

18 Nov 2017

It's amazing to hear what can be done with such a simple set of samples. I read a comment earlier in this thread stating that the samples weren't for them or they didn't know how to make them work. I think the great thing about samples is that they can be anything you want them to be, and figuring out how to manipulate them to fit your own musical needs is a great thing to learn in the process. Luckily, Newloops has provided an incentive based opportunity to do so. Although it appears that TritoneAddiction is going to be a real cockblock for anybody looking to get their hands on some free refills.

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2017

- Certified Reason expert

AttenuationHz

18 Nov 2017

Messing with this the past week and decided to submit an earlier mix which is not without its flaws but sounds a little bit louder. Best of luck to everyone, it was a fun challenge.

aburazaru

19 Nov 2017

Well... that was a fun little challenge! Working within a tight set of rules with a small-ish sample pack can really force one to think "outside the box"! Been pressed for time with work ramping up for the holidays, but finally found some time to tinker with these samples! Good luck, everyone!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

ismael

19 Nov 2017

Just in time...

CaliforniaBurrito

20 Nov 2017

strangers wrote:
09 Nov 2017
I really enjoyed watching through this. It's really interesting to see another person's creative process, especially when workflow is much different than my own. I'd be looking forward to checking another one of these out, if you happen to capture another in the future.
Thanks a lot! I've been playing with some ideas. :) One problem I have is the screen capture taking up DSP which I like to reserve for some heavy synths + devices in my own time. The sample-based challenge was a perfect opportunity to do something I've been wanting to do for a while. :)
DonnieAlan wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Thanks for sharing this video. I skipped through it. It was fun to see how you approached it. I liked how you put all the mix channels on one side of the rack. I never thought of doing that before. Makes perfect sense to do that!
Thanks for the feedback! Enjoy. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meeetch: interesting bass progression
TritoneAddiction: big impressive sound
Strangers: cool groovy feel
Bes: captivating rhythm
AttenuationHz: nice clubby energy
abarazaru: great mad vibe
ismael: awesome composition

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2017

Any update on when we can expect to see the results?

AttenuationHz

22 Nov 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Any update on when we can expect to see the results?
Wondering the same!

Kenni
Site Admin

23 Nov 2017

We're almost done voting, we didn't forget you! :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

24 Nov 2017

The winners has been announced in the original post!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

Oohhh thanks very much! Had written myself off!! NOICE. :shock: :-D

*Congratulatory handshakes all round!

WongoTheSane

24 Nov 2017

Congrats to the winners and all participants, great stuff here!

And while I'm here, all New Loops ReFills are on sale for BF:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ew%20Loops

ismael

24 Nov 2017

Wow, thanks a lot!
And congratulations to the other winners!

faun2500

24 Nov 2017

Congrats everyone! Some great entries here. Well done to the winners. Winners will be contacted today but please be patient as this is the busiest time of year!

Also everyone should check out the New Loops Black Friday Sale - https://newloops.com/collections/reason-refills :refill: :refill: :refill:

Happy music making to all!
:thumbs_up:

AttenuationHz

24 Nov 2017

faun2500 wrote:
24 Nov 2017
Congrats everyone! Some great entries here. Well done to the winners. Winners will be contacted today but please be patient as this is the busiest time of year!

Also everyone should check out the New Loops Black Friday Sale - https://newloops.com/collections/reason-refills :refill: :refill: :refill:

Happy music making to all!
:thumbs_up:
Already have the refills picked out! :lol: and there is a few there I think I may purchase at some stage :D

No panic. Thanks very much for the competition!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2017

Thanks for putting this song challenge together.

Congrats to the other winners.

Just a question, can I pick my refill from the Propellerhead shop instead? I'd rather have all my REs and refills gathered in one place. Entering the competition I thought that was the case until I read through the prize list again just now.

• Information