Which Song Has the Most Different Chords?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Creativemind

13 Nov 2017

Hi All!

Just a light hearted thread.

I was just having a look at the tab / chords for Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and it has 23 chords in it. Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles only has 2 lol!

Got me thinking, I wonder which song has the most different chords in it (all listed chords must be different even if just a variation).

I thought Paranoid Android by Radiohead would have a lot, it has, but not as many as I thought, it has 12 or 13 different chords. I Am the Walrus by The Beatles has 13 different chords in it. (B, A, G, F, E, E9, D, D7, A/G, C, E7, Dsus4 and B7). There might be 14 actually as one of the C's might be a C (if played on the guitar) with the middle finger lifted off (whatever that's called), a C/G?

Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles has 13 different chords too.

I suppose some intricate finger picking song or classical piece could be well in the 20's if not 30's actually thinking about it.

Anyone know any other songs with an exceptional amount of different chords in them?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

14 Nov 2017

Bump! haha!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

normen

20 Nov 2017

The thing is some music doesn't really "count chords" they way most jazz/pop music does. And generally this is more of an educational question I guess? :)

Heres a Song by Joe Satriani that goes through all 12 keys, he mainly created it to torture his students with it. If they could easily solo over this he'd deem his teachings well adapted ;)

Gorgon

20 Nov 2017

I think it's feelgood hit of the summer by Queens of the Stone Age.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Marco Raaphorst

20 Nov 2017

check Steely Dan

or jazz.

• Information