Review: nanoBots Album

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
modecca

14 Nov 2017

🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

14 Nov 2017

Great contributions to the Reasontalk community! I haven't listened to the album but I agree with the ear candy description just based off your review which was obviously well-executed. It was nice to get acquainted with the God's music.

I would like to know why you have your ceiling fan on such a low setting and if you feel that is doing anything for you. That setting has always baffled me and I've often wondered what kind of people use a low fan setting. I realize it could add a bit more interest to the visual aspect of the video and maybe you were a bit worried about some noise interference. I would be interested in knowing if this is how you proceed away from the camera or if you jack it back up to a high setting when you're done. I personally either have the fan off or I set to high to get the maximum benefit of having a ceiling fan.

Thank you for the inspiration Dr. Tomb.

modecca

14 Nov 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Great contributions to the Reasontalk community! I haven't listened to the album but I agree with the ear candy description just based off your review which was obviously well-executed. It was nice to get acquainted with the God's music.

I would like to know why you have your ceiling fan on such a low setting and if you feel that is doing anything for you. That setting has always baffled me and I've often wondered what kind of people use a low fan setting. I realize it could add a bit more interest to the visual aspect of the video and maybe you were a bit worried about some noise interference. I would be interested in knowing if this is how you proceed away from the camera or if you jack it back up to a high setting when you're done. I personally either have the fan off or I set to high to get the maximum benefit of having a ceiling fan.

Thank you for the inspiration Dr. Tomb.

Ceiling fan:
I'm lucky it just happened to be on (less interesting if it was turned off.)
I have really no reason to use the thing, but it got turned on and apparently stayed on, when two weekends ago, I needed assistence
with a bunch of black smoke. So in between that time there was a half-hearted attempt to turn it off, which results in the wimpy
setting.
I was heating up some water on my black top electric stove and I accidently selected a burner that had an plastic ice tray sitting on
it. Next thing I know I got a sizable stove top fire , with tons of black smoke and a screaming carbon monoxide detector that will
not shut off.
I am aware I look pretty ridiculous using that swiffer camcorder holder, but I love the ability/flexibility to change my camera
angles rather be stuck with some boring fixed position on a tripod.
I initially planned on doing a walking through the house review and use more extreme camera angles (and callers!) but there was just too much, that I felt was essential to point out in relation to the album.
🔗💥

CaliforniaBurrito

14 Nov 2017

Ok I will just have to accept the low fan setting as just being a matter of circumstance instead of being a direct decision.

I understood the functionality of the Swiffer Camcorder™ pretty quickly and it certainly does spice up the presentation. It is actually something very Doctor-esque as if you're awkwardly but commendably attempting to share an experience of your vacation down a rabbit hole with your colleagues who wouldn't dare to tread down such a path. I wouldn't blame them though. Who the hell would work so hard to be among the hardest working men in the world only to kick with a bunch of bums who fancy the word artist.

I was recently wondering what happened to the callers and if you rounded them all up into your dungeon.

I'm pretty good at darts by the way. We play for money though - not giggles and handshakes.

joeyluck

14 Nov 2017

Hey great review! I like your in depth look into the album. Similarly, I was very impressed and felt the need to 'spotlight' the album; I did a shorter, written review in which I had a chance to ask the God of Rainbows a few questions and he also provided some files (Reason file and Combinator patches) for the nanoRacers (Ooh Yeah) track. So if you're interested in those and how it did it, check em out! :)
https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/10/albu ... -rainbows/

modecca

17 Nov 2017

joeyluck wrote:
14 Nov 2017
Hey great review! I like your in depth look into the album. Similarly, I was very impressed and felt the need to 'spotlight' the album; I did a shorter, written review in which I had a chance to ask the God of Rainbows a few questions and he also provided some files (Reason file and Combinator patches) for the nanoRacers (Ooh Yeah) track. So if you're interested in those and how it did it, check em out! :)
https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/10/albu ... -rainbows/
Interesting article, that happens to answer a couple of questions I have had in relation to the album.
🔗💥

• Information