SOV3 Multi Instruments

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Raveshaper

25 Jun 2015

Well, I'm officially blown away.

To me it's no longer an either or comparison. You can ReWire Reason into Studio One V3 as an instrument and nest it inside of the Multi Instrument editor. So, you can patch something in Reason, and patch Reason itself in Studio One V3.

I uh...this changes everything for me.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

QVprod

25 Jun 2015

And People wonder why it's mentioned here so often... Awesome to use with Reason

Gorilla Texas

25 Jun 2015

QwaizanG wrote:Well, I'm officially blown away.

To me it's no longer an either or comparison. You can ReWire Reason into Studio One V3 as an instrument and nest it inside of the Multi Instrument editor. So, you can patch something in Reason, and patch Reason itself in Studio One V3.

I uh...this changes everything for me.
I haven't even tried can you really use rewire in the multi instrument?

Raveshaper

25 Jun 2015

Yes. Crazy, right?

Go to Instruments > New Multi Instrument.
In the Instruments drop menu on the Multi, it shows installed ReWire hosts next to yellow icons. Reason can be loaded just like Mai Tai or Mojito, etc.

I'm using the demo of Professional, it might be a Pro-only feature.

I'm in heaven. I know it's going to push me to actually read the manual to get to where I am in R7, but I like that I need to educate myself in something new to be able to get started.

Edit: I am proud of what I have accomplished, but for a long time I have felt that despite what I have "figured out", I hadn't actually learned anything to the point of "knowing what I'm doing". Being forced to learn the ropes is a welcome contrast to that. Also, I feel like I need something new to work with. Something as simple as adjusting the colors in the workspace excited the hell out of me in ways that never happened when I was working in Reason.

I only messed around for five minutes looking at things and auditioning notes, but when I opened Reason afterward it was like I stepped a decade back in time.

Never say never, but I think I'll be using Reason less in the future. Maybe just less "on its own".

I think Studio One V3 is a wiser investment because you can share projects across PC and Mac. Logic seems to be more stable and has fewer bugs, but I would go crazy not being able to resize every region of my workspace like in SOV3. I need flexibility, and I love how much of it Studio One has

I'm a goner.

Gorilla Texas

25 Jun 2015

QwaizanG wrote:Yes. Crazy, right? Go to Instruments > New Multi Instrument. In the Instruments drop menu on the Multi, it shows installed ReWire hosts next to yellow icons. Reason can be loaded just like Mai Tai or Mojito, etc. I'm using the demo of Professional, it might be a Pro-only feature. I'm in heaven. I know it's going to push me to actually read the manual to get to where I am in R7, but I like that I need to educate myself in something new to be able to get started. Edit: I am proud of what I have accomplished, but for a long time I have felt that despite what I have "figured out", I hadn't actually learned anything to the point of "knowing what I'm doing". Being forced to learn the ropes is a welcome contrast to that. Also, I feel like I need something new to work with. Something as simple as adjusting the colors in the workspace excited the hell out of me in ways that never happened when I was working in Reason. I only messed around for five minutes looking at things and auditioning notes, but when I opened Reason afterward it was like I stepped a decade back in time. Never say never, but I think I'll be using Reason less in the future. Maybe just less "on its own". I think Studio One V3 is a wiser investment because you can share projects across PC and Mac. Logic seems to be more stable and has fewer bugs, but I would go crazy not being able to resize every region of my workspace like in SOV3. I need flexibility, and I love how much of it Studio One has I'm a goner.
Man I got my hands full with komplete ultimate 10 haven't had time to test the features in SO3 pro I bought a few weeks back. Just thinking about all of Reason inside of a multi-instrument is just crazy.

decibel

25 Jun 2015

did it always have that 2D looking interface ?

Raveshaper

26 Jun 2015

To each their own, but I love that so far. Everything in its place, less looking and more hearing. But if I need to look, it's all fresh and new and can tell me more about what's going on in finer detail. Every DAW is 2D.

• Information