Problem with VST Plugin Not All There

Discuss VST stuff here!
DonnieAlan

14 Oct 2017

Well this is interesting. I was looking at AIR Instruments Transfuser VST in Reason. I noticed that some of the important controls and inputs for it are not showing up on the VST screen in Reason.

Here's Transfuser as it SHOULD be loaded into Pro Tools:
Full Transfuser in Pro Tools.JPG
Full Transfuser in Pro Tools.JPG (360.32 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
And here is how it appears when loaded as VST hosted in Reason:
Transfuser in Reason as VST.JPG
Transfuser in Reason as VST.JPG (243.32 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
As you can see the bottom 1/3 of the Transfuser screen is white space in Reason, prohibiting access to important features of the VI. So far, I've only noticed this issue with Transfuser, but I'm thinking there be others out there with similar issue, where Reason is not "seeing" the whole VST, or somehow prohibiting the VST from fully showing on the screen. I've never encountered this type of issue before when hosting VSTs in anything, so I'm not only sharing here, in case others experience similar issues, but also sending a bug report to the Props!

Before anyone asks, yes, I tried everything I could think of to see if the bottom portion of Transfusion could be accessed...no joy. Without it, there's not much you can do with Transfuser in Reason other than just playing sequences and loops. But it does SOOOO much more.

RandyEspoda

14 Oct 2017

something in the settings ?

DonnieAlan

14 Oct 2017

RandyEspoda wrote:
14 Oct 2017
something in the settings ?
No. I've used it as a hosted VST in other DAWS (ie Reaper) and its just fine. It something with the way Reason hosts the VSTs...but I don't know what. I sent it on to the P-heads, so I'll see what they say.

pquenin

15 Oct 2017

I have a problem with AIR Xpand 2 not showing in the browser : all the other plugins in my VSTPlugins folder are there, except this one, any idea ?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2017

pquenin wrote:
15 Oct 2017
I have a problem with AIR Xpand 2 not showing in the browser : all the other plugins in my VSTPlugins folder are there, except this one, any idea ?
I take it you have restarted Reason, also are you sure you installed it into your VSTPlugins folder?

pquenin

17 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Oct 2017
pquenin wrote:
15 Oct 2017
I take it you have restarted Reason, also are you sure you installed it into your VSTPlugins folder?
It's OK now, I have re-enabled the plugin in Reason. Due to an iLok problem, the plugin failed to load into Reason and then Reason disabled it.

Timechaser

16 Jul 2020

It is a real pity , i really can't understand why it is impossible to enjoy all the transfusion functions in Reason.I love reason but time to time i encounter problems that other DAWs never have . It is a big disappointment

• Information