If you have Logic X, you should NOT Upgrade to Reason 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mrmiyagi

12 Oct 2017

A public service announcement to my Logic people (plus a Reason tip for non-Logic users).

Alchemy 2 blows away Grain and Europa. Please try Reason 10 beta and see what I mean. And I specifically mean the sound. Grain and Europa sound similar to Propellerheads other synths. Yes it is different synthesis methods, but the actual sound that you hear coming out of the speakers is not worth $129 and definitely not better than what you already have. If you merely want new synths inside Reason, I suggest you use VSTs because you will be disappointed.

You also have plenty of world instruments already inside Logic in the EXS lIbrary:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.05.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.05.53 PM.png (43.41 KiB) Viewed 3132 times

And when it comes to loops and samples, OMG you have soooo many very high quality loops and one shots, drums and instruments already inside Logic WHICH YOU CAN USE INSIDE REASON!!! Look at the screenshot below and see which ones you can add to the browser. And bonus, if you have Battery 4 or Nerve or Breaktweaker you can use those samples too!
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.22.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.22.35 PM.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 3132 times
If you were hesitant about upgrading to 10, AND you have LOGIC X, then I think it is best for you to wait for feature enhancements and/or fixes that might or might not be coming in 10.5.

Thank you to the Reason Genius for showing me this!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.04.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 3.04.04 PM.png (15.51 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

esselfortium

12 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
12 Oct 2017
Yes it is different synthesis methods, but the actual sound that you hear coming out of the speakers is not worth $129 and definitely not better than what you already have.
Sorry you don't like it, but this is wrong. Enjoy Logic!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
12 Oct 2017

Creativemind

12 Oct 2017

Is Alchemy 2 even out yet, couldn't find it on You Tube?
Last edited by Creativemind on 12 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

mrmiyagi

12 Oct 2017

Alchemy 2 is the synth they gave us for free in one of their many free function and content enhancing updates.

I love Reason so far, but I get Reason 10 for "free" and I am still upset there's nothing else but average sounding synths and samples in the update argh!!!!!

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2017

Please have fun with Logic.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

normen

12 Oct 2017

aeox wrote:
12 Oct 2017
:lol: (actual sound of laughter in living room ;))

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2017

Logic sounds good however it not on PC (Windows) so the cost to buy a new system is not worth it

stratatonic

12 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
12 Oct 2017

Thank you to the Reason Genius for showing me this!
Ahhh...the ReasonTalk Reason Genius -- helping mrmiyadi with his aural boners.

Aosta

12 Oct 2017

I'd rather use reason than logic.

;)
Tend the flame

mrmiyagi

12 Oct 2017

Massive sonic ejaculations. :puf_bigsmile:
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.45.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 5.45.14 PM.png (759.73 KiB) Viewed 3061 times

Oquasec

12 Oct 2017

As a sound designer & stufff...I think I'll stick to Reason and Reaper.
I do not see macs being a thing over windows or linux so I think Ima keep my shit parked.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Jmax

12 Oct 2017

Logic is nice and all. So is Studio One 3. So is Ableton Live

There's just not the same drive to create with either one of them once the program opens up.
Oh, and Logic DOES NOT work with Allihoopa. #fail

It's all about Reason and it always will be.

Reasonable man

12 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
12 Oct 2017
I specifically mean the sound. Grain and Europa sound similar to Propellerheads other synths. Yes it is different synthesis methods, but the actual sound that you hear coming out of the speakers is not worth $129 and definitely not better than what you already have.
Can someone please refute this and make me feel better :ugeek:

By the way I'm sure he's right about alchemy ....but in a way that it sounds current and cheesey like the cheesey synth sound in all current trance trap and grime or whatever where everything sounds like everything else and you can't distinguish one track from another.
I've no interest in that at all ......none. Grain is for people who want to move away from all that. Thats why it hopefully rocks.

esselfortium

13 Oct 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
12 Oct 2017
mrmiyagi wrote:
12 Oct 2017
I specifically mean the sound. Grain and Europa sound similar to Propellerheads other synths. Yes it is different synthesis methods, but the actual sound that you hear coming out of the speakers is not worth $129 and definitely not better than what you already have.
Can someone please refute this and make me feel better :ugeek:

By the way I'm sure he's right about alchemy ....but in a way that it sounds current and cheesey like the cheesey synth sound in all current trance trap and grime or whatever where everything sounds like everything else and you can't distinguish one track from another.
I've no interest in that at all ......none. Grain is for people who want to move away from all that. Thats why it hopefully rocks.
Grain and Europa are capable as hell, sound great, and are super fun and easy to program. If someone can't make a fantastic-sounding song with them, the problem isn't with the synths but something else.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

mrmiyagi

13 Oct 2017

I have no reason to lie to you, Reasonable Man. I am not a Reason hater. I do not care if you switch to Logic. I use both and I am happy. What I will do though is tell you the truth because I am also do not take sides.

Anyway, this post is for Logic X users who are thinking about updating to R10. To those I strongly suggest you do not upgrade because you honestly do not need more synths. Sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking that if we just had one more synth that our music would be better or that we would suddenly start making better music. And this whole R10 concept of wanting MORE sounds like it came from someone who is not serious about music production, because if that person was, he would know it is definitely not about having MORE stuff. That is amateur thinking. And I know a lot of you secretly agree but will not do so publicly because of your love of Reason.

moneykube

13 Oct 2017

reasonable... but
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.26.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.26.36 AM.png (78.38 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

AttenuationHz

13 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
13 Oct 2017
I have no reason to lie to you, Reasonable Man. I am not a Reason hater. I do not care if you switch to Logic. I use both and I am happy. What I will do though is tell you the truth because I am also do not take sides.

Anyway, this post is for Logic X users who are thinking about updating to R10. To those I strongly suggest you do not upgrade because you honestly do not need more synths. Sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking that if we just had one more synth that our music would be better or that we would suddenly start making better music. And this whole R10 concept of wanting MORE sounds like it came from someone who is not serious about music production, because if that person was, he would know it is definitely not about having MORE stuff. That is amateur thinking. And I know a lot of you secretly agree but will not do so publicly because of your love of Reason.
I think you can safely assume individuals will know what's best for them. What they need or don't need. What software they choose to use or not use. How about you go make some music yourself and stop being childish.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Buddaka

13 Oct 2017

@MrMiyagi I use both Logic X and Reason(version7, but planning to upgrading to 10) and i love them both, each have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm sorry that you can't get any good sounds out of Reason, i never had a problem with it, maybe you should learn a bit more about sounddesign or mixing. ;)There really is no point bashing Reason on this forum. If you do not like it, just stick with Logic pro and keep the negativity for yourself. :) just my 2 cents :D

Oquasec

13 Oct 2017

I think that is incredibly lame excuse of a thread title xD
As a guy who Uses Reason with Reaper I think you should use whatever you like using.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Gorgon

13 Oct 2017

Don't feed it. And don't say I didn't warn you.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ostermilk

13 Oct 2017

I can't recommend, getting out to a nice spot with some lovely, fresh air, heartily enough sometimes.

Just get what you need, to do what you do, and assume that everyone else is capable of doing the same.

Karim
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2017

This seems to me the discovery of the wheel.

It needed a genius to know how to use samples from other DAWS inside Reason? Really?
(thing that I and other users do for years?) :lol: :D

and as reported by other users if some one wants to use alchemy and you also want to buy Grain. Let's buy Grain! or Europa... or Steinberg Pad Shop Pro.
Go for it!
Everybody do it according its needs and is total freedom.

it's up to me to choose whether to wait for reason 10.5 or 11 or 12.

Edit: Europa or Grain both alone are worth the 129$ IMO. Vst counterparts are A LOT MORE expensive!!

peace :reason:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Loque

13 Oct 2017

mrmiyagi wrote:
13 Oct 2017
Sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking that if we just had one more synth that our music would be better or that we would suddenly start making better music.
Hmm...and why should i buy Alchemy or Logic now?
Reason12, Win10

Karim
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2017

Hmm...and why should i buy Alchemy or Logic now?
You can't my dear friend. Is no more available as Vst/AU. it became a stock synth bundled in Logic.
IT' s a TRAP! :lol: :lol:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

• Information