How to record a CV-out to the sequencer window?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Octopusbird

09 Oct 2017

I've been wondering how to take a CV-out from something and record the curves into the sequencer window. That way it's visual, and can be further manipulated. How do you do that??

Thanks! :D

Ahornberg

09 Oct 2017

I think the only way is to send it out as MIDI CC using an EMI device and do a MIDI loopback and then record it into Reason mapped to a knob of your choice.

Octopusbird

09 Oct 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
09 Oct 2017
I think the only way is to send it out as MIDI CC using an EMI device and do a MIDI loopback and then record it into Reason mapped to a knob of your choice.
Dang. Hrm, well how would I do that? Pretty please? The internet doesn't even know how. You are the only person in the universe who knows how to do this. Or maybe the second person.

I just downloaded loopbe again.

Octopusbird

09 Oct 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
09 Oct 2017
Nevermind. I figured it out. I can make pretty curves now. Woot.

AttenuationHz

10 Oct 2017

If your just looking to visualise the curves then try this: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -analyzer/
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ahornberg

10 Oct 2017

Octopusbird wrote:
09 Oct 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
09 Oct 2017
Nevermind. I figured it out. I can make pretty curves now. Woot.
Fine :puf_wink:

Octopusbird

11 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Oct 2017
If your just looking to visualise the curves then try this: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -analyzer/
I got that, because I sawr it on here in the "free re's" post. It is pretty cool.

Kudos to that post and this forum

AttenuationHz

11 Oct 2017

Octopusbird wrote:
11 Oct 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
10 Oct 2017
I got that, because I sawr it on here in the "free re's" post. It is pretty cool.

It is a great must have tool for CV!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Octopusbird

11 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2017
Octopusbird wrote:
11 Oct 2017

I completely agree. I'm having a CV masterclass right now (with myself) since I can see wtf is going on with them dang things now.

AttenuationHz

11 Oct 2017

Octopusbird wrote:
11 Oct 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Oct 2017

I completely agree. I'm having a CV masterclass right now (with myself) since I can see wtf is going on with them dang things now.
Yeah you will learn quickly when you can see it. its all 1's and 0's ;)

Reasonable man

12 Oct 2017

Anthony do it this way ....and sure why not.

Ahornberg

12 Oct 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
12 Oct 2017
Anthony do it this way ....and sure why not.

Amazing!

Goodbye

12 Oct 2017

The next thing to get is the Quadralectra CV Suite Line Processor https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... processor/. It' a bargain and endlessly helpful in controlling the range of your CV signal.

AttenuationHz

12 Oct 2017

Goodbye wrote:
12 Oct 2017
The next thing to get is the Quadralectra CV Suite Line Processor https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... processor/. It' a bargain and endlessly helpful in controlling the range of your CV signal.
Ah I will get that myself was looking for something like this!

Electric-Metal

13 Oct 2017

@Octopusbird

Here' another solution
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

• Information