(Electronica\PoohBear Style ) Poly Madness (video)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2017

PolySix makes quite an appearance (about 10 of them) in this simple track, I call it simple as there's just 2 to 3 layers going on...

I'm still playing about learning graphics stuff and laying graphics etc I think the graphics and music are "Working As One" :D

Hope you enjoy, feedback welcome..

Stock Music Musician

04 Oct 2017

This is definitely a track with a solid vibe! I'd have liked the drums to come in a little sooner. It might also benefit from a melodic hook in addition to the arpeggios.

sdst
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2017

would be good to use as background in a science program, :) very nice

lakinlakin

04 Oct 2017

Liked it. Well done.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2017

Stock Music Musician wrote:
04 Oct 2017
This is definitely a track with a solid vibe! I'd have liked the drums to come in a little sooner. It might also benefit from a melodic hook in addition to the arpeggios.
This was the first track I have done where the Time Signature jumps back and forth throughout the track (3/4 to 4/4). A lot of the arpeggios were hand written and then blended back and forth with the graphics so yeah I did miss doing a full melody...

A lot of times as with this track drums come in last for me, I do like drums in tracks however I'm quite happy for them to be in the background and let the sounds come through.
lakinlakin wrote:
04 Oct 2017
Liked it. Well done.
Thanks you for listening and I'm glad you did.

sdst wrote:
04 Oct 2017
would be good to use as background in a science program, :) very nice
Cheers dude... :)

ionly

05 Oct 2017

Great tune. The floating keyboard could go

Zac

05 Oct 2017

I think it sounds great. So many joyful synth sounds. I really like your style. Drums sounded right for this synth led song for me. Video was nice but it's the music I like. Some very nice progressions and smooth transitions with it. Poly Madness indeed ;)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2017

ionly wrote:
05 Oct 2017
That Keyboard took me days to program, TBH I did original program it for this video which I think it fits much better in..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2017

Zac wrote:
05 Oct 2017
I think it sounds great. So many joyful synth sounds. I really like your style. Drums sounded right for this synth led song for me. Video was nice but it's the music I like. Some very nice progressions and smooth transitions with it. Poly Madness indeed ;)
Cheers dude, TBH I think I would be in shit if the king of arpeggios did not like it ... ;) :lol:

Audiotic

05 Oct 2017

Some of the synth sounds are cool and when the track is in full gear like around 3:30 it has a cool feel to it. That hi Synth chord progression is really catchy...
However, the whole things seems a bit unstructured to me and I dont get a sense of of any dramatic arc... it just goes on and on.
The drums are too underdeveloped for my taste. While they are necessary to keep up the flow, they drag down the sound quality quite a bit and give it a very homemade feel... The mix in general is kind of flat and lacks any punch.

It's a great effort, that sounds like you had fun doing it!

I cant really judge the video, since i'v never done naything like that. But following it for a minute or two it also seems kind of random.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2017

Audiotic wrote:
05 Oct 2017
Some of the synth sounds are cool and when the track is in full gear like around 3:30 it has a cool feel to it. That hi Synth chord progression is really catchy...
However, the whole things seems a bit unstructured to me and I dont get a sense of of any dramatic arc... it just goes on and on.
The drums are too underdeveloped for my taste. While they are necessary to keep up the flow, they drag down the sound quality quite a bit and give it a very homemade feel... The mix in general is kind of flat and lacks any punch.

It's a great effort, that sounds like you had fun doing it!

I cant really judge the video, since i'v never done naything like that. But following it for a minute or two it also seems kind of random.
Thanks for listening and taking your time to comment.

Welcome to the mad random world of PoohBear :D

ionly

14 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2017
ionly wrote:
05 Oct 2017
That Keyboard took me days to program, TBH I did original program it for this video which I think it fits much better in..

Hah, I get your point - synchronising those keys must have been a right old head-spinner. Very kitschy and trippy. I felt like I was in a cockpit

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2017

ionly wrote:
14 Oct 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2017

Hah, I get your point - synchronising those keys must have been a right old head-spinner. Very kitschy and trippy. I felt like I was in a cockpit
Once setup (which was the real pain) the synchronising is not an issue as I control the graphics via midi :)

• Information