Reason 10 announced!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017
I think it's time for a wholesome haiku.

Prop lovers abroad
Making music with delight
They always want more
Dusty on the shelf
Dying sales of Rad Piano
" Throw it in with '10' !"

RadPiano.jpg
RadPiano.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 3677 times

Psuper

23 Sep 2017

I won't be 'upgrading' to 10 based soley on Propellerheads announcement. It's not an upgrade - it's just more of the same instrumentation with slight differences.

I used R6 and upgraded to 9 only because I felt I should 'keep up', not because it was necessary. VST's were a plus in 9.5, however I've been using VST's in Reason forever with midiloopback (and still do since VSTs run far better not being wrapped in reason with it's poor VST implementation optimization).

Reason needs a scalable UI, VST improvements, QOL additions, not more sounds. When I see the UI update, I'll upgrade.

What many people are missing is most of us are loyal to the Props and we don't have a desire to 'move on' to other packages despite the attractions of their superior GUIs, VST workflow, or proprietary goodies. We've BEEN giving them the benefit of the doubt, and the reason many aren't impressed with this announcement is clear - it's not what we want and we've been waiting for a better UI for over a decade.
Last edited by Psuper on 23 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017

Prop lovers abroad
They always want more

Sample Magic Love
OMG! I'M GONNA MAKE
BANGERS ALL DAY LONG!!!

SampleMagic.jpeg
SampleMagic.jpeg (184.95 KiB) Viewed 3672 times

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017

Prop lovers abroad
They always want more
Klang and Pang and Sang
Sample Players split in three
Should have been just one.

klang.jpg
klang.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 3668 times
pang.jpg
pang.jpg (94.65 KiB) Viewed 3668 times
sang.jpg
sang.jpg (88.46 KiB) Viewed 3668 times

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017

Prop lovers abroad
They always want more
Holy F**king Shit!
Synthesizers for the Rack
First since Reason
FOUR!

europa.jpg
europa.jpg (177.57 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
grain.jpg
grain.jpg (169.02 KiB) Viewed 3649 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2017

stratatonic, none of that even rhymes. What gives?

jlgrimes

23 Sep 2017

I'm kinda hoping they have more smaller tweaks that are unannounced.

Things I think are needed now:

1. Track Freeze (this would help mitigate the CPU use issue a lot). Being able to freeze/unfreeze should be a one-two click process.

2. VST performance improvements.

3. Browser enhancements. It could be me but it seems the new browser has some clunkyness to it. Browsing for samples vs patch browsing vs Rack extension browsing gets me screwed up. Ableton's browser seems smarter.

4. Piano Roll enhancements. Changing grid size should be key bindable. Paintbrush tool. Razor tool should divide into multiple notes upon grid size. Glue tool. Curve/Pattern tools for automation.

5. Notes on piano roll should reflect groove settings. View multiple tracks in one view.

6. Make blocks triggerable via a Global Quantize scheme and midi/key controllable.

7. Pan law settings for mixer.

8. Kong tape delay tempo sync.

9. More combinator knobs.

10. Full Recycle integration.

kitekrazy

23 Sep 2017

jlgrimes wrote:
23 Sep 2017
I'm kinda hoping they have more smaller tweaks that are unannounced.

Things I think are needed now:

1. Track Freeze (this would help mitigate the CPU use issue a lot). Being able to freeze/unfreeze should be a one-two click process.

2. VST performance improvements.

3. Browser enhancements. It could be me but it seems the new browser has some clunkyness to it. Browsing for samples vs patch browsing vs Rack extension browsing gets me screwed up. Ableton's browser seems smarter.

4. Piano Roll enhancements. Changing grid size should be key bindable. Paintbrush tool. Razor tool should divide into multiple notes upon grid size. Glue tool. Curve/Pattern tools for automation.

5. Notes on piano roll should reflect groove settings. View multiple tracks in one view.

6. Make blocks triggerable via a Global Quantize scheme and midi/key controllable.

7. Pan law settings for mixer.

8. Kong tape delay tempo sync.

9. More combinator knobs.

10. Full Recycle integration.
Those are the ones the experienced users look to. I still miss the patch audition that was in Reason 6.

kitekrazy

23 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
23 Sep 2017
CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017

Prop lovers abroad
They always want more
Klang and Pang and Sang
Sample Players split in three
Should have been just one.

klang.jpg
pang.jpg
sang.jpg
Since these are REs I wonder how much bloat it will add to my C drive. I would still love the option to move the included Reason samples to another drive as an option and not a work around. Outside of the Venus one I'm not sure I'd use the others. Sound Iron stuff is unique but I'd rather have then make refills.

Marc64

23 Sep 2017

If the props haven't done a few updates and improvements like some of you peeps say, the props would instead have added all these new synths and stuff in a RE bundle for €129.
I will however just for the Grain synth update to 10 :)

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

avasopht wrote:
23 Sep 2017
stratatonic, none of that even rhymes. What gives?

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style ... haiku.html

5-7-5

Try reading haiku in 4/4 time
1234 5 xxx
1234 56 7 x
1234 5 xxx

CaliforniaBurrito

23 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
23 Sep 2017
5-7-5
I inspire you
As we watch the forum burn
You inspire me

inspired.jpg
inspired.jpg (34.81 KiB) Viewed 3587 times

raccoonboy

23 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Hydrosonic wrote:
22 Sep 2017

They have to be, as they are not offered as an incentive to upgrade, IE upgrade before XX date and recieve xx RE. They are offered as the upgrade.
It would be like upgrading from version 3 to version 10 and not getting the SSL mixer ;)
At least that is my understanding
Correct. Lol!

They will be instruments available in Reason from now on. You were talking more about the Re devices though such as Radical Piano and Synchronous weren't you raccoonboy as obviously the others are new devices?
I actually have Synchronous and Radical Piano. I'm talking about the new devices. I guess it makes sense the new ones are permanent. Just because of introductory offers in the past, making sure.

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
23 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
23 Sep 2017
5-7-5
I inspire you
As we watch the forum burn
You inspire me

joker.jpg
joker.jpg (34.81 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
Ha ha ha ha ha
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Ha ha ha ha ha

Oquasec

23 Sep 2017

They could just make their own piano plugin instead. [Wait they already bundled it into reason :lol: ]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

AttenuationHz

23 Sep 2017

Mr. Watts wrote:
23 Sep 2017
I'm currently on Reason 8 and had been considering the upgrade to Reason 9.5 mostly for the vst, audio to midi, pitch correction, and different backdrop options. So, when 10 was announced, initially I was excited that I would also get some new devices. But after reading a ton of comments on how Reason is now unstable, I'm more hesitant to upgrade. Currently, Reason 8 works great for me as someone who does a lot of recording on my productions and I would hate to upgrade just to find that the platform is now unstable. Can anyone speak to this regarding audio recording and/or the use of rack extensions? If it's only a vst issue then thats fine but if Reason itself is unstable then thats an issue. Workflow is most important to me and Im not willing to sacrafice that for some shiny new toys, although I would love to have them. Any input regarding this is highly appreciated, thanks!

Its far from unstable. If I was still on 8 myself which I was in April and saw 10 announced it might be a different story for myself. I would be upgrading to 10 for VST's and Hyper Threading alone. The added new devices would be a bonus. It is worth the price getting new devices and hyper threading and VST's in the one upgrade!

My problem is having to pay for the small things not implemented with the VST update in future updates possible even VST 3 in another upgrade. There may well be another announcement on things being worked on. 50/50(ish) from the views in this thread that would not be a bad idea might sway things in favour of an upgrade for many. There was a couple of things fixed in a 9.5.2 update yesterday but from the announcement video there has been nothing about what is getting worked on for VST's or quality of life adjustments under the hood. There should be a larger grace period for the upgrade though. If not to April at least July(?) when hyper threading was added.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

23 Sep 2017

Creativemind wrote:
22 Sep 2017

Correct. Lol!

They will be instruments available in Reason from now on. You were talking more about the Re devices though such as Radical Piano and Synchronous weren't you raccoonboy as obviously the others are new devices?
New if you don't already own the ReFills in which they are based...

pushedbutton

23 Sep 2017

A New Announcement
Propellerhead Reason Ten
I expected more.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

pushedbutton wrote:
23 Sep 2017
A New Announcement
Propellerhead Reason Ten
I expected more.
Whiney whiney whine
Whiney whiney whiney whine
Whiney whiney whine

stratatonic

23 Sep 2017

pushedbutton wrote:
23 Sep 2017
A New Announcement
Propellerhead Reason Ten
I expected more.
You are probly right
Should have added something more:
Workflow enhancements

WeLoveYouToo

23 Sep 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
23 Sep 2017
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
22 Sep 2017
parsec 2 is 120 bucks. thats about the cost of the 10 upgrade. if europa is the same quality then this upgrade is going to be an insane deal. i'm excited as hell.
also, has anyone ever tried to find licence free ooh and ah samples? they are very few core libraries around so this is actually something interesting to use to further modify with the grain/synchronous/neptune.
all i want in 10.5 is vector ui and tab to transient feature.
??? :lol:

You're basing your good value for money on an over priced RE that was in the sale for €29 :?

The thing is if all everybody wants is a couple of things from update to update that is what is going to happen if everybody's expectations were a little higher things would be getting fixed and added quicker. Everyone is going to have a different gripe of course but that was the whole point of the feature request thread to have it all in the one place. There are just so many request because there is so much that does need to be added - I'm not taking new devices but quality features that will make using Reason proficient!

How much of the €129 is good value for money for features to be added and things to be fixed each upgrade €40 - 50. If broken down like that then I would upgrade in a heartbeat. Point updates should only be for bug fixes missed in development not for added and requested features which will probably have bugs that will only be fixed in future new versions. The new 9.5.2 update added a day 1 feature that should have been in, remote override of open VST window. How many other features have been missed that probably won't even see the light of day until 11 or higher. The bypass on an open VST window is another one.
yes, i, like many other users, been wanting new core synths for a while. i use reason mainly because of its workflow, and for its stability 2nd, therefore core synths are extremely appealing. reason's not perfect but its the best daw out there in this regard, so i'm not complaining. i can and do request new features but those are cherries on the reason cake... id switch back to protools or logic if i felt reason was lagging behind them, and its not the end of the world to work on a track outside reason. in fact, i was planning to stop at 8, but the midi to audio function was just too tempting, and now the new synths and players are worth an upgrade, but they are not a necessity. my daw is offline and i do not plan on upgrading osx nor reason beyond 10, but they keep making tempting releases.

Aosta

23 Sep 2017

I think this guy hit the nail on the head really.

Tend the flame

Oquasec

23 Sep 2017

Reaktor gets a good bit of complaints too.
Reason 8, not enough stuff [got it anyway]
Reason 9[getting vst support was the big thing]
Reason 10 [5 new devices bundled into reason for not 400$ total]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

23 Sep 2017

Aosta wrote:
23 Sep 2017
I think this guy hit the nail on the head really.

Hahah! funny vid.

He definitely hit the nail on the head, even at gone 2 in the morning. These synths could've just been rack extensions or at least the Soundiron ones could've. Then give us features. I may have mentioned this already, Lol! And forget tab to transient, what about tab to label next track in the sequencer and labelling the track automatically labels the clip.

He did get a few of things wrong in the video though. Reason 10 hasn't been released yet, just announced, Grain isn't a graintable, think he got it confused with Malstrom and audio was introduced in Reason 6 not 5. Spot on with his qualms though.

Anyone else think this is gonna sell poorly like Reason 8 and the Props are gonna need to release 10.1 pretty soon after and include stuff we actually need?
Last edited by Creativemind on 23 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

23 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
23 Sep 2017
Creativemind wrote:
22 Sep 2017

Correct. Lol!

New if you don't already own the ReFills in which they are based...
Oh yeah lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information