Robotic Bean's TS-1 Time Slider in the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WongoTheSane

22 Sep 2017

Zac

22 Sep 2017

This will be so useful! I know we can already shift in ticks but the on/off for comparison will be great.

Maybe not the most exciting RE but I'll def be getting when I can.

Loque

22 Sep 2017

Isnt it the same as adjusting the offset on the backside of a channel or Combinator?
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

22 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Isnt it the same as adjusting the offset on the backside of a channel or Combinator?
There are two important differences:

1. The backside offset is in samples, TS-1 in milliseconds. So TS-1 will remain constant if you change samplerate.

2. Negative offset on the backside will only work if the already existing total delay compensation is greater than the offset. Values exceeding the total latency will have no effect.

mataya

22 Sep 2017

Thank you sir. Finally! Now my Redrum sequence can sound groovy, without going to the sequencer. I wished this was a part of a Redrum seq, also with more velocity values...and it would be perfect.
I guess this will have to do. Buying it right away.

Where is this offset button you've been talking about??

tx
M

mataya

22 Sep 2017

Oh, found it. Like having TS better.

M

mataya

22 Sep 2017

No, actually I did not find it. Where is that offset? Please.

M

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Now my Redrum sequence can sound groovy, without going to the sequencer.
Hi Mataya! I'm curious about the logic behind this since groove is moving the timing of only certain notes and not just shifting an entire drum sequence. How do you plan on implementing this to create groove?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: oh I forgot Redrum has separate outs. I haven't used Redrum in a while! :oops:

So you would ideally send an off-beat hat, clap or other perc channel to one of these time sliders and shift it. That's pretty cool I guess. :thumbs_up:

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

Just bought it! I can think of a few good uses for this! Good idea Mr. Bean! :D

Olivier

22 Sep 2017

clever solution !!!!!!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

decibel

22 Sep 2017

will be great for complex drum work

michal22

22 Sep 2017

More exciting than Reason 10. :puf_smile:
Very useful and practical tool. Thanks for this. Bought.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Loque

22 Sep 2017

michal22 wrote:
22 Sep 2017
More exciting than Reason 10. :puf_smile:
Very useful and practical tool. Thanks for this. Bought.
In 10.5 they add this feature into the sequencer :lol:
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

22 Sep 2017

mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
No, actually I did not find it. Where is that offset? Please.
It's on the rear panel of Mix Channels and Audio Track if you show the programmer:

Exowildebeest

22 Sep 2017

Smart use of the delay compensation feature :thumbs_up:

mataya

22 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
22 Sep 2017
mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Now my Redrum sequence can sound groovy, without going to the sequencer.
Hi Mataya! I'm curious about the logic behind this since groove is moving the timing of only certain notes and not just shifting an entire drum sequence. How do you plan on implementing this to create groove?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: oh I forgot Redrum has separate outs. I haven't used Redrum in a while! :oops:

So you would ideally send an off-beat hat, clap or other perc channel to one of these time sliders and shift it. That's pretty cool I guess. :thumbs_up:
That's right. You make a combinator with a mixer, redrum and 10 TS and connect it all. Now you can shift individual sounds that are playing from the Redrum's own sequencer. I like that a lot, because I love to use Reason without the main sequencer as much as I can. Well, it fits my style of music and music making.

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
That's right. You make a combinator with a mixer, redrum and 10 TS and connect it all. Now you can shift individual sounds that are playing from the Redrum's own sequencer. I like that a lot, because I love to use Reason without the main sequencer as much as I can. Well, it fits my style of music and music making.
It fits my style too. :D

The nudging factor is what kept me away from using built-in sequencers actually. This is a huge game changer for me. Just thought of nudging an ABL3 sequence too! Oh my! :D

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

I really want this but I feel like 25 dollars is way overpriced. It should be 9 dollars off sale.

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
22 Sep 2017
I really want this but I feel like 25 dollars is way overpriced. It should be 9 dollars off sale.
It is a small investment to change the feel of your music. :twisted: You can make sounds pop and have drums on point but having the FEEL right takes them so much further! I'm sitting here listening to this nudged ABL3 sequence and a kick in awe of how hypnotic this is! :D

buddard
RE Developer

22 Sep 2017

mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Just be aware that negative slide values might not work correctly in that setup. Negative slide is subject to the same limitations as the delay compensation in Reason (because we're actually using that feature), so it won't work inside instrument combis, and not when connected to a rack mixer either. But if you connect each Redrum output to an SSL mixer channel instead, you can have negative slide on them, too!

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

buddard wrote:
22 Sep 2017
mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Just be aware that negative slide values might not work correctly in that setup. Negative slide is subject to the same limitations as the delay compensation in Reason (because we're actually using that feature), so it won't work inside instrument combis, and not when connected to a rack mixer either. But if you connect each Redrum output to an SSL mixer channel instead, you can have negative slide on them, too!
Edit: Nevermind, got it ;)
Last edited by aeox on 22 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

buddard wrote:
22 Sep 2017
But if you connect each Redrum output to an SSL mixer channel instead, you can have negative slide on them, too!
Good to know. I prefer the SSL channels for easy filtering/mixing anyways. :thumbs_up:

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2017

Downloading trial now

It feels like adjusting a vynil. It's amazing.

CaliforniaBurrito

22 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Edit: Nevermind, got it ;)
Dave-Chappelle.jpg
Dave-Chappelle.jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 5244 times

mataya

22 Sep 2017

buddard wrote:
22 Sep 2017
mataya wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Oh ok. I did not noticed it actually. I've made a little combinator setup which is great because you can save it and recall it, but did not noticed that negative values didn't have any effect on those channels. I've heard the positive values making it groovy. :)
Still a great device. I actually wanted to see a device that can load one sample, have asequencer like a redrum, but with more features...like more velocity values, shift left to right, reverse and maybe a few more surprises.

Thanks
M

• Information