**NEW** Black Rooster Magnetite analog tape emulation.

Discuss VST stuff here!
pjeudy

28 Jun 2017

Excuse me! Make some elbow room Softube Magnetite is here :P

THE MAGNETITE IS AVAILABLE!

Magnetite is our homage to the sound of magnetitc tape recorders. Simply dial in the desired amount of saturation and warmth using the recording gain knob and Magnetite will add the analog tape sonics that you're looking for to your mixes. Huge drums, distorted loops, saturated vocals, you name it - let Magnetite breathe new life into your tracks. We recommend using Magnetite as the first insert of your chain, just as if your signals were recorded to tape. You can of course put it into different spots if you're going for creative effects.

The Magnetite will be available as a limited time offer for only $59 and a regular price of $89. The offer will be available until the 31st of July, 2017.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC SOUND

We put a lot of thought and work into emulating all the sonic aspects associated with analog tape: Class A recording and playback amplifiers, tape response and saturation, NAB pre- and de-emphasis EQs, the sonic effect of different tape speeds and bias levels, hiss and hum - it's all there. We also added an adjustable wow and flutter feature that emulates frequency modulation (FM) due to motor speed fluctuations.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE

DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY

Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT

All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.

blackroosteraudio.com

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Belltunes

12 Jul 2017

Love this plugin!
I also have UAD Studer/Ampex, Toneboosters Reelbus, and Softube tape.
Magnetite is doing/gluing it for me! ymmv

Here are some other observations fwiw......:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... etite.html

Marco Raaphorst

13 Jul 2017

IMO Toneboosters Reelbus is the best one and the cheapest one. Best because it sounds great and has many parameters to tweak anything from all sorts of saturation including mid/side saturation.

• Information