Arrrgh RePro is beautiful!

Discuss VST stuff here!
EdGrip

12 Jul 2017

It really is. Try it.
This is very frustrating to me because I had intended not to drift into VST instruments. RE convenience all the way. But I want it I want it.
It is only a monosynth and it will eat all your DSPs but phowaaar!

Discuss.

Ahornberg

12 Jul 2017

just like Viking 2 ... eats up all your CPU too :puf_bigsmile:

pjeudy

13 Jul 2017

EdGrip wrote:
12 Jul 2017
It really is. Try it.
This is very frustrating to me because I had intended not to drift into VST instruments. RE convenience all the way. But I want it I want it.
It is only a monosynth and it will eat all your DSPs but phowaaar!

Discuss.
Allow me to be the bringer of good news. If you bought Repro-1 then RePro-5 a polyphonic version with a few more features will be available to you absolutely. FREE :o

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

EdGrip

13 Jul 2017

Oh reeeeeally? Is that confirmed or just speculation?
That's very exciting - as I have just this evening decided to buy it. It was going to be The Legend at some point, but I just bonded with this more than either The Legend or VK-2, despite having to deal with a non-rack interface.
I rather suspect my laptop will just choke and spit out its coffee if I try to load a Repro-5 on it, but it's a nice thought...

Ahornberg

13 Jul 2017

EdGrip wrote:
13 Jul 2017
That's very exciting - as I have just this evening decided to buy it. It was going to be The Legend at some point, but I just bonded with this more than either The Legend or VK-2, despite having to deal with a non-rack interface.
I rather suspect my laptop will just choke and spit out its coffee if I try to load a Repro-5 on it, but it's a nice thought...
I would go on VK-2. Take a look at the back of the rack. There are audio inputs for lots of modulation targets. That comes very close to real modular hardware.

pjeudy

13 Jul 2017

EdGrip wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Confirmed 1,000,000%

The RE issues not withstanding, that Urs guy isn't a bad guy after all :-)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information