Hardware VST control without Remote override

Discuss VST stuff here!
fieldframe
RE Developer

11 Jul 2017

The Arturia V Collection has a nice feature where you can essentially do the same thing as Reason's Remote override feature: Select a knob in the GUI, tweak a control on your hardware device, and it will be linked.

In Reason 9.5, of course, you can use Remote override itself to assign a hardware knob to a software knob. The only problem with that is, once assigned, the hardware knob is always assigned regardless of which instrument is selected as the current MIDI destination.

What I'd like to do is use Arturia's own MIDI learn so that I can have a knob on my hardware control the synth only when that synth is selected in the sequencer. However, Reason doesn't seem to be passing the CC values through when I put an Arturia VST in MIDI learn mode.

Any ideas how to get Reason to pass the CCs?

MrMeeseeks

11 Jul 2017

It wont in its current form. I have asked the same question before. Exactly what I want them to bring in too :-)

Aquila

11 Jul 2017

You could perhaps do it with a combinator, but you're limited to 4 knob parameters, 4 buttons, pitch and mod.

fieldframe
RE Developer

11 Jul 2017

Aquila wrote:
11 Jul 2017
You could perhaps do it with a combinator, but you're limited to 4 knob parameters, 4 buttons, pitch and mod.
That's a pretty good interim solution. All I need in many cases is filter cutoff/resonance, and the RemoteMap I use has no problem jumping between Combinators. Thanks for the suggestion!

I agree with MrMeeseeks, though, it would be nice to see this addressed in a future version.

• Information