Toneboosters Barricade Limiter

Discuss VST stuff here!
ionly

05 Jul 2017

Anyone using this? I'm on a budget, and have considered the Waves L2 at the current sale price (have the L1), but...

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-barricade-v4/

Hauser+Quaid

05 Jul 2017

I've used the CM version that comes with Computer Music Magazine a bunch, really like it. I still favour the L2 for my music but the TB version works in a pinch.

Haven't tried any of the newer versions, and I'm not sure which version the CM one is based on (it's definitely an older one), but like I said, it works and sounds fine to me!

ionly

06 Jul 2017

Thanks for your reply mate.

I'm interested in any opinions on Version 4. I suppose a trial would suffice

EdGrip

07 Jul 2017

I haven't paid to de-trial it, but I like it. I'm certainly no authority on limiters, but it has more control than the M-Class and a REALLY nice interface.

From what I've read from The Internet (that infallible oracle), L2 is more coloured (in a way people generally like) and Barricade is more transparent. Make of that what you will. (I would make of it that I need to try, and get a feel for, both - if I were you.)

ionly

09 Jul 2017

I'm def after something more transparent than the L2 (+ you have to be vigilant when driving the Waves limiters, otherwise they seem to exhibit artifacts). The very reasonably priced Barricade certainly meets expectations (and yes, lovely interface). Voxengo's Elephant is next up for a trial

• Information