Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2017

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

mapping updated
RESPIRE 64 pages, hitting some limits of the Nektar now, The Stepper steps have not been mapped (I do have some thoughts of how to do these, running out of time, if needed give me a shout). Only 11 matrix's are mapped, I have not dropped the individual file as it's still being worked on, please test, thanks.

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

NOTE: The file Panorama.remotemap contains all the Rack Extension mappings talked about on this thread.
VST will have to be download individually.

This file has to replace the file found at

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (not even a sub directory, there have also been issues reported if backing up in place).

geronimo

06 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: there have also been issues reported if backing up in place).
I don't understand the Step 1 page; Step 2 work fine .

There is a OutVol. command in the Output Page but the Volume work with F9 fader . I don't understand the OutVol utility inthe Output page at the Panorama .
Sorry for my bad english _ :oops:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: there have also been issues reported if backing up in place).
I don't understand the Step 1 page; Step 2 work fine .

There is a OutVol. command in the Output Page but the Volume work with F9 fader . I don't understand the OutVol utility inthe Output page at the Panorama .
Sorry for my bad english _ :oops:
Step 1 works OK for me!!
What I call Step 1 on the Nektar is the Stepper 1 Page 2 in RE-Spire
What I call Step 2 on the Nektar is the Stepper 2 Page 2 in RE-Spire

Note: I have just updated the remotemap file again as I had missed out the "Free Time" on the stepper, you only see on computer screen when Mode=Free but it displays all the time on the Nektar screen page.

My bad for not testing "Out Volume", I don't know what it is, in the mapping file it was there next to the "Velocity" so I wrongly assumed it was for that "Volume" setting in the OUTput screen, X-Comp was missing from that file too, hence I have left a space for it. I have tested more or less most controls...

geronimo

06 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: Step 1 works OK for me!!
OK, I understand but have you seen the Step 1 parameter in the Panorama display (Source, Amt1, Amt2, Amt 3, Source2, Target1, Target2, Target3).

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: Step 1 works OK for me!!
OK, I understand but have you seen the Step 1 parameter in the Panorama display (Source, Amt1, Amt2, Amt 3, Source2, Target1, Target2, Target3).
I don't see that.. as what you are describing is the Matrix setup..

I see this...
DSC05823 (Small).JPG
DSC05823 (Small).JPG (94.94 KiB) Viewed 3855 times

geronimo

06 Jun 2017

OK, it's work fine after reload the file .
Last edited by geronimo on 06 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:OK, it's work fine after Reload the file .
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: excellent :D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2017

New mapping
MixFood WT4

Files added
RemoteMixFoodWT4.txt

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

NOTE: The file Panorama.remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread.

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2017

New mapping
Tectonic

Files added
RemoteTectonic.txt

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

NOTE: The file Panorama.remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread.

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

geronimo

01 Jul 2017

I noticed that the Resonans is not coded yet: I started using your inspiration-code but I am stopped by the switching visible in the next picture.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2017

geronimo wrote:
01 Jul 2017
I noticed that the Resonans is not coded yet: I started using your inspiration-code but I am stopped by the switching visible in the next picture.
The Reason I did not do it as someone else was looking into this (that was back at the end of May DOH!)...

I don't have this device, so could you send me the raw file and I will see if any control pops out however I would look for a control maybe called select or switch (could any name), that sort of mapping will have to be made to one of the buttons if you are following the way I set things up as Faders and upper knobs can not have modifiers on them and I would use modifiers to handle the switching..

geronimo

02 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Jul 2017

I don't have this device, so could you send me the raw file and I will see if any control pops out however I would look for a control maybe called select or switch (could any name), that sort of mapping will have to be made to one of the buttons if you are following the way I set things up as Faders and upper knobs can not have modifiers on them and I would use modifiers to handle the switching..
What's the raw file, please ?
Perhaps this: http://roboticbean.com/support/resonans ... mplate.txt

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2017

geronimo wrote:
02 Jul 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Jul 2017

What's the raw file, please ?
Perhaps this: http://roboticbean.com/support/resonans ... mplate.txt
REF RAw file, in Reason from File, Export Device Remote Info

Looking at that file I would say the control you need to add modifiers to is the "Model"

geronimo

02 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
02 Jul 2017

REF RAw file, in Reason from File, Export Device Remote Info

Looking at that file I would say the control you need to add modifiers to is the "Model"
Ah, OK; I find it .
Attachments
Resonans Remote Info.txt.zip
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

AttenuationHz

04 Jul 2017

Is there any reason not to get a P1?

I'm looking for a controller and its either an Akai Midimix, Novation Launch Control Xl, or the P1

I'll have more money for plugs if I go with the Akai or the Xl. But its control I want more so than another VST to learn.

Is the P1 a game changer? P1 seems like the obvious choice here are there any cons about it?

I'll read this thread from the start but instead of posting a thread thought I'd ask in this thread first :thumbs_up:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
04 Jul 2017

I'm looking for a controller and its either an Akai Midimix, Novation Launch Control Xl, or the P1

I'll have more money for plugs if I go with the Akai or the Xl. But its control I want more so than another VST to learn.

Is the P1 a game changer? P1 seems like the obvious choice here are there any cons about it?

I'll read this thread from the start but instead of posting a thread thought I'd ask in this thread first :thumbs_up:
If I'm honest you are going to be getting a very basis answers from people who follow this thread.

If you are looking for deep integration then the Nektar P series can not be beat..

Again for personalising the layout and menus etc. it's so simple, hence we have this thread and we do keep the mappings quite up to date.

Usability, that screen is so important, without a screen you will have to remember what controls you have assigned to what knobs and faders, so the bigger the controller with more knobs and faders the more you have to remember and personally I think the more mistakes would be made, the Nektar P series takes that away with the screen.

I do produce a lot of presets and I would say 90% of the work is done using the Nektar controller.

Most of my transport work is done from the Nektar as well.

It has great integration with the mixer section.

The only negative I can think of is from a programming side things, faders and the upper knobs (the ones above the faders) can't use modifiers, but as you can see that has not not stopped any mappings :)

PoohBear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page     Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AttenuationHz

05 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
04 Jul 2017

If I'm honest you are going to be getting a very basis answers from people who follow this thread.

If you are looking for deep integration then the Nektar P series can not be beat..

Again for personalising the layout and menus etc. it's so simple, hence we have this thread and we do keep the mappings quite up to date.

Usability, that screen is so important, without a screen you will have to remember what controls you have assigned to what knobs and faders, so the bigger the controller with more knobs and faders the more you have to remember and personally I think the more mistakes would be made, the Nektar P series takes that away with the screen.

I do produce a lot of presets and I would say 90% of the work is done using the Nektar controller.

Most of my transport work is done from the Nektar as well.

It has great integration with the mixer section.

The only negative I can think of is from a programming side things, faders and the upper knobs (the ones above the faders) can't use modifiers, but as you can see that has not not stopped any mappings :)

PoohBear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
My Soundcloud Page     Nektar Mappings
Ordered one earlier after reading the manual think I was sold after the second page. Cheers 🍻
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

05 Jul 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Jul 2017
... Usability, that screen is so important, without a screen you will have to remember what controls you have assigned to what knobs and faders, so the bigger the controller with more knobs and faders the more you have to remember and personally I think the more mistakes would be made, the Nektar P series takes that away with the screen ...
I am a huge fan of the Behringer BCR-2000 and its plethora of endless encoders, but the one thing that is truly missed are little screens next to each encoder telling you what each is currently assigned to. Tape labels are not much help if an encoder is doing ten different things.

I am still waiting for the perfect controller. Nektars ain't them, either.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
05 Jul 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Jul 2017
... Usability, that screen is so important, without a screen you will have to remember what controls you have assigned to what knobs and faders, so the bigger the controller with more knobs and faders the more you have to remember and personally I think the more mistakes would be made, the Nektar P series takes that away with the screen ...
I am a huge fan of the Behringer BCR-2000 and its plethora of endless encoders, but the one thing that is truly missed are little screens next to each encoder telling you what each is currently assigned to. Tape labels are not much help if an encoder is doing ten different things.

I am still waiting for the perfect controller. Nektars ain't them, either.
I have heard that the Behringer BCR-2000 are a nice box, well priced as well.. but having a feedback screen of what they are controlling is so important especially when flipping from one instrument to another, I do think that the Nektar P series have taken a huge step in the right direction with their setup of their controllers..... but what really is a perfect controller??? for me it would be along the lines of a 4 encoder controller where I can just look at the button on the screen and it maps it automatically, LOL or maybe I should not laugh give another 20 years maybe :D

mgagne01

05 Jul 2017

Hi Guys ! I I need a small hand and I wonder if you guys could help me again. I'm trying to figure out how to Edit the Remote map so that when I press one of the 8 buttons under the slider of the nektar panorama (in instruments mode; COMBINATOR) the button would be momentary instead of Toggle. I have the latest Remote Map from the Reasontalk dropbox 4.38 MB. I hope someone can Help Me ..Thank you in advance. p.s (and If the red led of the last button pressed could stay lighten that would be awsome but not necessary).

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2017

mgagne01 wrote:
05 Jul 2017
Hi Guys ! I I need a small hand and I wonder if you guys could help me again. I'm trying to figure out how to Edit the Remote map so that when I press one of the 8 buttons under the slider of the nektar panorama (in instruments mode; COMBINATOR) the button would be momentary instead of Toggle. I have the latest Remote Map from the Reasontalk dropbox 4.38 MB. I hope someone can Help Me ..Thank you in advance. p.s (and If the red led of the last button pressed could stay lighten that would be awsome but not necessary).
Remember the white spaces, the LED does not stay on..

Map Button 1 Button 1 RETRIG Instrument

I have added >> to show each tab\white space
Map>>Button 1>>>>Button 1>>>>RETRIG>>Instrument

Note the first Button 1 is the button on the Nektar, the 2nd Button 1 is the name of the button on the Combinator, they happened to be called the same thing..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2017

New mapping
Rumble

Files added
Nektar Mappings - Rumble.repatch (commentator)
RemoteRumble.txt (Individual mapping)
Nektar Mappings - Tectronic.repatch (commentator)

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

NOTE: The file Panorama.remotemap contains all the Rack Extension mappings talked about on this thread.

This file has to replace the file found at:-

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

New Mapping
SPEM

Mapping Updated
Proton 1.1.1
This mapping is for the new update released on the 14th July 2017.
(Bonus for Nektar users, There are 8 extra pages for the Mod Matrix that can only be access via the Nektar, page names "Bonus 0 to 7")

New Files Added
RemoteSPEM.txt (Individual mapping)

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap
RemoteProton.txt (Individual mapping)

This file has to replace the file found at:-

djsmex

26 Jul 2017

I'm looking for Remote map editors to join my www.reasonremoter.uk site to share their codec/maps. Please give it a look and if you'd like to share your work, please join, it's all free.

AttenuationHz

28 Jul 2017

djsmex wrote:
26 Jul 2017
I'm looking for Remote map editors to join my www.reasonremoter.uk site to share their codec/maps. Please give it a look and if you'd like to share your work, please join, it's all free.
The font is really terrible on the site extremely hard to read.

• Information