In the Shop: Waves' AudioTrack VST Plugin free for Reason 9.5 owners until July 31st!

Discuss VST stuff here!
WongoTheSane

28 Jun 2017

AudioTrack is a VST Compressor/EQ/Gate, usually going for 25€/$ (when on sale, see darkmaer's post below), free for us until the end of July!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/audiotrack/

productpage_AudioTrack.jpg.10000x10000_q85.jpg
productpage_AudioTrack.jpg.10000x10000_q85.jpg (170.16 KiB) Viewed 4796 times

Edit: you'll have to create a free account with Waves after adding the product to your cart (if you don't have one already). Once activated, you have to go back to your account in the shop, click "Download", provide the serial number that was sent to your email address, download "Waves Central" which is Waves' own version of Authorizer, launch it, and follow the instructions. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.

darkmaer

28 Jun 2017

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Just for the record this should be in the VST section, also it's normally a $79 plugin. The $25 price is the current sale price with waves big summer sale going on.

WongoTheSane

28 Jun 2017

darkmaer wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Just for the record this should be in the VST section, also it's normally a $79 plugin. The $25 price is the current sale price with waves big summer sale going on.
Shame on me, you're right! I'm moving this right away.

Djstarski

28 Jun 2017

thanks for posting this .

joeyluck

28 Jun 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
28 Jun 2017

Edit: you'll have to create a free account with Waves after adding the product to your cart (if you don't have one already). Once activated, you have to go back to your account in the shop, click "Download", provide the serial number that was sent to your email address, download "Waves Central" which is Waves' own version of Authorizer, launch it, and follow the instructions. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.
This made me think, "Do I need it? And will I use it?" Likely not I suppose. Any thoughts on it?

michal22

28 Jun 2017

Now when I bought some VST's and when I see the hopelessness of authorization and the need to download an diffrent authorization program for any company then I do not want most of the VST (those heavily secured). Now I love RE, the authorizer and synchronization button on the website.
I do not want this plugin when I read the installation and authorization manual.
I do not like to make a trash from a computer.
I hope there will be new rack extensions. This is a super convenient solution. It is worth to develop them.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

jonheal

28 Jun 2017

I guess my vast VST inventory will now explode to two.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

WongoTheSane

28 Jun 2017

joeyluck wrote:
28 Jun 2017
This made me think, "Do I need it? And will I use it?" Likely not I suppose. Any thoughts on it?
Well I was thinking of you when writing this! :) In the end, I decided against installing it, because I already have a bajillion compressors, a truckload of excellent EQs, and a couple of gate options, so it would have been collecting for the sake of collecting, with the added hassle of another authorization system.

Mind you, it's still a very nice gift from Waves, just not one I need right now. There aren't that many Gate options in the RE world (outside of the SSL one), just that one option is very interesting and might help quite a few people.
jonheal wrote:
28 Jun 2017
I guess my vast VST inventory will now explode to two.
Couldn't stop laughing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

madmacman

28 Jun 2017

At first I didn't realize it's a VST. So I wondered why it doesn't show up in my RE list and ordered it twice. :lol:

But as a VST (with creating a new account for Waves), I think I'll pass...

tanni

28 Jun 2017

Now when I bought some VST's and when I see the hopelessness of authorization and the need to download an diffrent authorization program for any company then I do not want most of the VST (those heavily secured). Now I love RE, the authorizer and synchronization button on the website.
I do not want this plugin when I read the installation and authorization manual.
I hope there will be new rack extensions. This is a super convenient solution. It is worth to develop them.
I thought the same. I hate these different authorization things from different companies. I love RE and I'll hope, there are some more in the future.
I wont get this waves-thing, even for nothing.
Its a shame, that most companies dont do RE.

joeyluck

28 Jun 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Mind you, it's still a very nice gift from Waves, just not one I need right now. There aren't that many Gate options in the RE world (outside of the SSL one), just that one option is very interesting and might help quite a few people.
Yeah anything free is a nice gift. But simply not something I need. If it was something unique or something better to what I already prefer to use, I might consider the steps in getting it and extra stuff to install.

I still use the SSL gate, but I really like kHs Gate. Works like a charm. Great, compact interface with handy visuals. https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/khs-gate/

kuhliloach

28 Jun 2017

Thanks Waves... for introducing the wonderful world of crashing to my DAW. This is the first time I have ever had a problem like this with a Reason plug-in.

Exowildebeest

28 Jun 2017

Obvious trick by Waves to introduce Reason users to their authorization scheme and farm e-mail addresses :)

Thanks but no thanks.

Zac

28 Jun 2017

Whoa! An SSL like plugin strip for Reason users with the ultimate SSL mixer?

Well done waves. I buy in to your overpriced horribly protected world completely. Of course. How could I not with such a targeted offer.

Sorry to be so cynical, I'm sure it's a great plugin. Just not for me.

FATCheese

28 Jun 2017

joeyluck wrote:
28 Jun 2017
michal22 wrote:
28 Jun 2017
WongoTheSane wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Well I was thinking of you when writing this! :) In the end, I decided against installing it, because I already have a bajillion compressors, a truckload of excellent EQs, and a couple of gate options, so it would have been collecting for the sake of collecting, with the added hassle of another authorization system.

tanni wrote:
28 Jun 2017
I thought the same. I hate these different authorization things from different companies. I love RE and I'll hope, there are some more in the future.
I wont get this waves-thing, even for nothing.
Its a shame, that most companies dont do RE.
Exowildebeest wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Obvious trick by Waves to introduce Reason users to their authorization scheme and farm e-mail addresses :)

Thanks but no thanks.

I'll tell you... It's a trick by the Props! When everybody is on R9.5 because of VST's and people are also introduced to the RE format people will realize how much easier their lives going to be if they switch to Reason only! :D

But now only the developers needs to get more involved into the RE format.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

davidvilla

28 Jun 2017

Waves plugins are actually very, very good and you can tell from the manuals of each plugin that they're really proud of their plugins. The manual for the PS22 Stereo Maker is particularly noteworthy for the (now deceased) author's enthusiasm in showing you how to use the plugin the best way possible.

There's no need to be afraid of crashes or email scams or whatever. Waves Central is faster than the Prop's authorizer (and less glitchy). And it has NEVER crashed for me and I've used it a lot.

If you're concerned about plugin bloat, then just get rid of one of your shitty REs.

:puf_bigsmile:

Aosta

28 Jun 2017

Not used a VST in reason since the feature was implemented and I don't intend to for all the reasons above.
I'm happy in my little RE bubble, I have everything I need thank you :puf_smile:
Tend the flame

Zac

28 Jun 2017

REs do rule for reliability and stability. I have some vsts still installed but they are free. I'd never blurt out the hundreds they want for these vst synths. No guarantees unlike REs.

CephaloPod

28 Jun 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
28 Jun 2017
joeyluck wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Yeah, this is nothing but a ploy by Waves to get us into their "system" by offering us something we don't really want or need. PASS.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Staarchylld

28 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:Waves plugins are actually very, very good and you can tell from the manuals of each plugin that they're really proud of their plugins. The manual for the PS22 Stereo Maker is particularly noteworthy for the (now deceased) author's enthusiasm in showing you how to use the plugin the best way possible.

There's no need to be afraid of crashes or email scams or whatever. Waves Central is faster than the Prop's authorizer (and less glitchy). And it has NEVER crashed for me and I've used it a lot.

If you're concerned about plugin bloat, then just get rid of one of your shitty REs.

I agree, it hasn't been a bad experience at all and the few waves plugins I got have done things REs haven't been able to match at all IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyluck

28 Jun 2017

Staarchylld wrote:
28 Jun 2017
davidvilla wrote:Waves plugins are actually very, very good and you can tell from the manuals of each plugin that they're really proud of their plugins. The manual for the PS22 Stereo Maker is particularly noteworthy for the (now deceased) author's enthusiasm in showing you how to use the plugin the best way possible.

I agree, it hasn't been a bad experience at all and the few waves plugins I got have done things REs haven't been able to match at all IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure there are great ones. Can't speak for everyone here, but I was merely saying that I would have no use for this particular one to bother with the process. I've been looking into their plugins though. I know very little about them. Of course, I've known about Waves for years, hard to not have heard of the name, but they have so many plugins... It's so saturated. I couldn't name you one of them in particular (aside from the the one in this topic).

I don't know of any of the must-haves or anything people would consider their flagship. But I mostly shop on an as-needed basis anyways. When I'm working on a project, and I need to do something and can't do it easily (or at all) with what I have, I begin looking for options. Would love to hear which Waves plugins are at the tops of everybody's lists :puf_smile:

arqui

28 Jun 2017

Thanks Waves
I bought it twice for an error and now it appears twice in my account, how do I delete one of them? Does anyone know what I should do?
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (66.77 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
thanks
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Zac

28 Jun 2017

arqui wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Thanks Waves
I bought it twice for an error and now it appears twice in my account, how do I delete one of them? Does anyone know what I should do?
Sin título.jpg

thanks
Just contact props support they will sort it out.

arqui

28 Jun 2017

Zac wrote:
28 Jun 2017
arqui wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Thanks Waves
Sin título.jpg

thanks
Just contact props support they will sort it out.
Thank, I just send it
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

AttenuationHz

28 Jun 2017

Sure I'll take the licence then sell it and profit :twisted:
Unless of course the licence is associated with the email address in which case I'll grovel and cuss
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information