Mastering with Fabfilter Plugins in Reason is Greattttttttttt!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
mreese80

15 Jun 2017

Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

riemac

15 Jun 2017

I would like to know how cpu intensive the FabFilter plugins are, especially ProQ2?

AttenuationHz

15 Jun 2017

riemac wrote:I would like to know how cpu intensive the FabFilter plugins are, especially ProQ2?
Barely moves the DSP meter from what I can tell very stable plug(s). Can get over 260 instances of ProQ2 in a blank project before DSP says no.
Full Screen on Q2 is pretty damn powerful!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

CephaloPod

15 Jun 2017

So, does anyone want to describe why these are so great?
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

MDTerps2015

15 Jun 2017

CephaloPod wrote:So, does anyone want to describe why these are so great?
Because they are expensive.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

pjeudy

15 Jun 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
CephaloPod wrote:So, does anyone want to describe why these are so great?
Because they are expensive.
Not true that the Pro-Q is great because of it's price...But I get the humor.

@CephaloPod if you are looking for an EQ then compare what's in the shop GQ-7,ROB Papen EQ and the NATIVE Reason EQ. And In my opinion due to it's flexibility,UI and ease of use...the Pro-q is my go to for EQ.
Fabfilter In my opinion needs to be applauded for there easy to use and powerful UI.

My go to EQ in REASON was GQ-7 over the Mclass EQ and the SSL EQ.
WHY?: Mid/side EQ...96 db Low cut /High Cut filters, Spectrum analyser under the eq curves, Auto-gain compensation, etc...

Rob Papen EQ: I could never get into the separate Analyzer section, not a fan of switching to another panel to access bands 5-8.

Pro-Q I felt at ease with-in a couple of minutes...and that alone made me use that EQ over and over again....and it is also feature rich..can do most of what RP EQ can without needing to switch panels, no need for a separate look at spectrum analyzer...etc....it's the bomb! Try it against the others for your self.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

O1B

24 Jun 2017

Fab Filter sure looks purty.

"Good news! Good News."

yep.... Roscoe P Coltrane

EdGrip

25 Jun 2017

All the floating windows remind me why the rack is such a neat idea.

pjeudy

25 Jun 2017

EdGrip wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Never ever had an issue with floating windows. I personally find the RACK a pain in the butt when all I want to do is access an Mclass compressor and having the entire RACK take up and block half of My screen just to move the attack or release knob.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

AttenuationHz

25 Jun 2017

pjeudy wrote:
25 Jun 2017
EdGrip wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Never ever had an issue with floating windows. I personally find the RACK a pain in the butt when all I want to do is access an Mclass compressor and having the entire RACK take up and block half of My screen just to move the attack or release knob.
if only reason accepted voice commands :o
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

25 Jun 2017

EdGrip wrote:
25 Jun 2017
True. They become a real mess real fast. Particularly when Reason can't remember their sizes and positions.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

pjeudy wrote:
25 Jun 2017
EdGrip wrote:
25 Jun 2017
this is when dual monitors are really nice! rack on the left, everything else on the right.

tobypearce

26 Jun 2017

CephaloPod wrote:
15 Jun 2017
So, does anyone want to describe why these are so great?
EQ is probably the most used effect tool. It gets the most use in terms of time. Pro Q2 is so easy and fast to use. You constantly come across little design features that make it just that little bit easier to use than other EQs. For example:

mouse wheel for Q (don't have to press a keyboard button like on Reason's SSL)
auto gain compensation so you can make good choices
very light on cpu
having mid side on the same screen without needing two separate instances of the plugin
being able to hear just the band you're working with, using one simple mouse click that stays for as long as you hold the mouse, and disappears when you let go.

All this, and much more add up in a plugin you use every day, and on many tracks.

At first it felt odd to spend more money on such a simple plugin - it doesn't add any colour and it doesn't emulate any hardware, and it doesn't have a sound. But it made an immediate and lasting difference to the clarity of my decisions and sound of my work, and I'm very pleased I got it.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

pjeudy

26 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
25 Jun 2017
pjeudy wrote:
25 Jun 2017

if only reason accepted voice commands :o
At Propellerheads pace.. even if the tech made it possible today, they wouldn't implement it for at least almost a decade... proof ? VST's ! ;)

pjeudy

26 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
26 Jun 2017
pjeudy wrote:
25 Jun 2017

this is when dual monitors are really nice! rack on the left, everything else on the right.
Dual monitors or wider monitors are ideal. But some people don't have that set up. And the Reason Rack is even worst on a small laptop screen.....you literally have to scan/search the entire UI of an instrument if and when you want to have it visible with other windows.

For me having a Vst plugin float around while still being able to access and view 80% of my DAW on a single monitor set up is much better. Depending on the VST size of course and even there, some if not most VST's can be minimized.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

pjeudy wrote:
26 Jun 2017
aeox wrote:
26 Jun 2017

Dual monitors or wider monitors are ideal. But some people don't have that set up. And the Reason Rack is even worst on a small laptop screen.....you literally have to scan/search the entire UI of an instrument if and when you want to have it visible with other windows.

For me having a Vst plugin float around while still being able to access and view 80% of my DAW on a single monitor set up is much better. Depending on the VST size of course and even there, some if not most VST's can be minimized.
yea i agree!

• Information