Samplers for Reason 9.5

Discuss VST stuff here!
Oquasec

25 Jun 2017

Kong, redrum,nn19 & nnxt all have built in recycle with snap to transients and gridless :cool:
I think there's like 5 more in the shop somewhere also.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Goriila Texas

25 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Kong, redrum,nn19 & nnxt all have built in recycle with snap to transients and gridless :cool:
But neither have beat detection which is essential like SliceX and Edison which can be use to create loops then dropped in Reason via wavpack and turned into Rex files since Reason doesn't have beat detection. Chops inside slicex automatically are assigned to keys.

Oquasec

25 Jun 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Oquasec wrote:
25 Jun 2017
But neither have beat detection which is essential like SliceX and Edison which can be use to create loops then dropped in Reason via wavpack and turned into Rex files since Reason doesn't have beat detection. Chops inside slicex automatically are assigned to keys.
I'd double click on the waveform in the song mode, to each their own I suppose.
Personally, slicex and edison ruin my workflow for everything. Ogun was a gem however :]
If I want to utilize sampling, I'll use those 4 modules :lol:
Producer/Programmer.

Goriila Texas

25 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Goriila Texas wrote:
25 Jun 2017

I'd double click on the waveform in the song mode, to each their own I suppose.
Personally, slicex and edison ruin my workflow for everything. Ogun was a gem however :]
If I want to utilize sampling, I'll use those 4 modules :lol:
"slicex and edison ruin my workflow for everything"
Sounds like fanboy talk lol. How can a samper ruin your whole workflow?? Nobody cares what you don't like to use stop being offended when someone brings up another DAWs plugins. This discussion is about different samplers out in the market and we're here to talk about competing samplers with what we have in Reason. If you're good in the sampler department why are you here? This thread is for those who are not satisfied with what Reason has to offer.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 25 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Oquasec

25 Jun 2017

Where do you see offended in any of those posts?
I use Reason & Cubase.
Producer/Programmer.

United South

05 Apr 2018

Didn't really want to start a new thread about samplers because it's already some good info here. looking to buy a good sampler but with so many out who is the king of all samplers? I own Kontakt and only use it for it's libraries,It's a lot of top-notch samplers out any input you have would be helpful.

PRICE $349
Steinberg's HALion 6 brings a more versatile and powerful toolbox than ever to the digital music producer. Six new instrument libraries plus a convenient Library Creator for custom instruments give you more voices to choose from and greater freedom to create your own. The 3-band Resonator has 14 different filter configurations and an integrated low-frequency oscillator (LFO) for generating unique waveforms that make your music stand out. Besides VST, HALion6 is also compatible with AAX and AU plug-in formats, and with this download you even get a Macro Page Designer for custom user instrument interfaces and a smart live-sampling engine for direct sound recording!

Create your own or pick from six new sound libraries
Steinberg has turned an already top-notch music library into the musical Library of Congress with HALion 6. Brass instruments, two beautiful grand pianos, strings, a next-gen wavetable synth, and super-cool cinematic sounds make these new libraries a valuable expansion of your musical arsenal. If you don't find what you're looking for, simply utilize the powerful Library Creator to come up with something new!

Multiple plug-in compatibility means greater versatility
With HALion 6, you're not locked into using only Virtual Studio Technology (VST). You can also take advantage of AAX and AU plug-in formats, so no matter what DAW you're using, Steinberg and Sweetwater have you covered.

Custom looks, 14 filters, and sampling in one download
The Macro Page Designer in HALion 6 allows you to customize the look of your interface! Tailor the appearance for both user instruments and commercial libraries (also available at Sweetwater). For more sonic versatility, use the smart sampling engine to record sounds directly and then apply filters in up to 14 configurations with the 3-band Resonator.

Steinberg HALion 6 Features:
Convenient download for Mac or PC
6 new instrument libraries and Library Creator for expanded sonic possibilities
Compatible with VST, AAX, and AU plug-in formats
Create custom user and commercial instrument interfaces with Macro Page Designer
Directly record sounds with the smart sampling engine for unequaled versatility
Additional Medi

United South

05 Apr 2018

UVI Falcon
Price $349

Presets to get you up and running fast
UVI Falcon ships with an incredible collection of factory presets curated by some of the most respected sound designers in the business. Tap into them for instant ear candy or as jumping-off points for your own sound design. Ready to roll up your sleeves? UVI provides component presets for everything from oscillators and FX to mod sequencers, which let you quickly explore your options and nail that patch. You can also create your own presets for just about any module and build custom libraries for instant recall. Sweetwater sound designers are thumbs-up on UVI Falcon. We think you will be, too.

UVI Falcon Hybrid Instrument Software Synthesizer Features:
An impressively complete, extensive, and streamlined hybrid instrument
Mix and modulate samples, synthesis modules, FX, and more
15 state-of-the-art oscillators, including:
Granular and time-stretching engines by IRCAM
Fully featured Wavetable, FM, Drum, and Pluck modules
Over 80 unique and powerful effects, including:
Algorithmic and convolution reverbs
Delays, modeled filters, and distortion
Dynamics processors, analyzers, multi-FX, and more
Ergonomic, adaptable user interface gives you control over:
MIDI processing, synthesis, effects, and modulation
Single window for immediate and adaptive sound-design workflow
Infinite possibilities let you:
Explore sound in exciting new ways
Use concepts you already know
Avoid artificial restrictions to creativity
Script custom event generators
Create fully scripted instruments with custom UIs
All with incredible sound quality
Includes a $100 voucher good toward purchase of any sound library at UVI.net
Requires iLok account (but not the actual dongle)

EnochLight

05 Apr 2018

I've been looking at Halion for some time - it seems to be a content creator's dream. I have the full version of Kontakt, and I feel Kontakt's strength is the massive amount of 3rd party content available for it, but Halion seems a lot easier (yet - more powerful) to sample and edit your own material. Looks bad ass, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

United South

05 Apr 2018

EnochLight wrote:
05 Apr 2018
I've been looking at Halion for some time - it seems to be a content creator's dream. I have the full version of Kontakt, and I feel Kontakt's strength is the massive amount of 3rd party content available for it, but Halion seems a lot easier (yet - more powerful) to sample and edit your own material. Looks bad ass, IMHO.
Yep

NekujaK

06 Apr 2018

BTW, the Steinberg Absolute 3 instrument collection is on sale right now for 50% off.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/ ... _sale.html

Includes Halion 6 and a whole bunch of other goodness...
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

United South

06 Apr 2018

NekujaK wrote:
06 Apr 2018
BTW, the Steinberg Absolute 3 instrument collection is on sale right now for 50% off.

That's what I was wondering if it included Halion 6 and it does?

NekujaK

06 Apr 2018

United South wrote:
06 Apr 2018
NekujaK wrote:
06 Apr 2018

Includes:
HALion 6
HALion Sonic 3
Groove Agent 4
The Grand 3
HALion Symphonic Orchestra
Padshop Pro
Retrologue 2
Hypnotic Dance
Triebwerk
Dark Planet
Zero Gravity

United South

06 Apr 2018

NekujaK wrote:
06 Apr 2018
United South wrote:
06 Apr 2018

Includes:
HALion 6
HALion Sonic 3
Groove Agent 4
The Grand 3
Padshop Pro
Retrologue 2
Hypnotic Dance
Triebwerk
Dark Planet
Zero Gravity
Dang though $499

NekujaK

06 Apr 2018

United South wrote:
06 Apr 2018
NekujaK wrote:
06 Apr 2018

Includes:
HALion 6
HALion Sonic 3
Groove Agent 4
The Grand 3
Padshop Pro
Retrologue 2
Hypnotic Dance
Triebwerk
Dark Planet
Zero Gravity
Dang though $499
Current sale price is $250

Either enter their discount code, shown at the above link, or scroll down the page, and select the option to buy Complete 3, and the code will automatically be applied.

United South

06 Apr 2018

NekujaK wrote:
06 Apr 2018
United South wrote:
06 Apr 2018

Dang though $499
Current sale price is $250

Either enter their discount code, shown at the above link, or scroll down the page, and select the option to buy Complete 3, and the code will automatically be applied.
Oh ok I didn’t see that in my cart thanks. I might pull the trigger on it then.

United South

06 Apr 2018

Man I didn’t want to spend any more money but this is too sweet. Had to get it before the sale ends.

Soeno

07 Apr 2018

seems like Absolute 3 needs an USB eLicenser, while Halion 6 alone does not.

United South

07 Apr 2018

Soeno wrote:
07 Apr 2018
seems like Absolute 3 needs an USB eLicenser, while Halion 6 alone does not.
I didn't even notice which one needed a eLicenser because I already had one and most good software require some type of protection.

Soeno

07 Apr 2018

i bought Halion6 for 50% recently, it needs "only" the eLicenser, not the "Hardware" Dongle

Psuper

07 Apr 2018

When I tried Padshop pro, I decided I won't be buying any Steinberg products - it was paramount to some half-baked install routine on Windows 95 but with far worse consequences - a real mess of an install.

If the install is crap I lose all interest in using it - install packages have been streamlined and standardized for a long long time - a dev studio really has to go out of their way to make it garbage.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

United South

07 Apr 2018

Psuper wrote:
07 Apr 2018
When I tried Padshop pro, I decided I won't be buying any Steinberg products - it was paramount to some half-baked install routine on Windows 95 but with far worse consequences - a real mess of an install.

If the install is crap I lose all interest in using it - install packages have been streamlined and standardized for a long long time - a dev studio really has to go out of their way to make it garbage.
I would never let the difficulty of installing software change my mind about using that product period. I don’t know how long ago it was when you tried but the new Steinberg install is well organized. You can’t even install content you’ve already installed without it asking you if want to replace those files. Installation could be a lot easier with one click install,but the it’s setup gives you more control over which content you need to install. You might only need to install an update instead of the whole sample content.

Psuper

07 Apr 2018

United South wrote:
07 Apr 2018
Psuper wrote:
07 Apr 2018

I would never let the difficulty of installing software change my mind about using that product period. I don’t know how long ago it was when you tried but the new Steinberg install is well organized. You can’t even install content you’ve already installed without it asking you if want to replace those files. Installation could be a lot easier with one click install,but the it’s setup gives you more control over which content you need to install. You might only need to install an update instead of the whole sample content.
Its the padshop pro trial, likely the same one today as when I tried it 4 months ago or so. Mounds of anecdotal evidence suggests a poor install = a poor experience with the software. Not always the case certainly, but there's plenty of competition for me to easily omit a lazy, unnecessarily complicated or heavily-drm-infused install routine. I don't want it to be a one click install. I want the opposite -- complete control of where the files reside, what gets installed where, and don't want to mess with multiple levels of logins and apps to get stuff done.

It may not bother many others, I'm quite specific to what I require these days so I'm extremely picky. I don't want gigs of samples or sample based instruments, yet require a solid sampler for my own sounds. I focus on my own or modeled instruments and sounds, I don't install any ilok, wavez, or other heavy DRM apps, I don't use kontakt, I want my DAW offline. I have a test system ready to clone back to day 1 which I install everything on first so I know what to expect, keep bloat off my main DAW and can't screw it up. So when I load up something like Padshop pro's install routine, its quick to get uninstalled. And I assume, usually correctly, that other apps from the same company should be avoided for the same reason.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

United South

08 Apr 2018

Blown away so far by the sounds and layout of UI which spark creativity. Feels like a modern workstation with the flexibility of software.This was a no brainer at $250 well worth it already and I've just scratched the surface.

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2018

United South wrote:
08 Apr 2018
Blown away so far by the sounds and layout of UI which spark creativity. Feels like a modern workstation with the flexibility of software.This was a no brainer at $250 well worth it already and I've just scratched the surface.
I also bought it, but mainly for Halion Sonic, which is like an upgrade to Sonic Reality Gold. Retrologue, Padshop (granular synth) and The Grand are nice additions too. Kinda feel bad for not forwarding the promo to my friend!

• Information