iZotope Products?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Galaxy

22 Jun 2017

Report your iZotope experiences. Let others know if this is a worth while investment for use in Reason.

Do they work well in reason? Who's using the music Production Bundle, Ozone, Neutron, Trash, Nectar, Vocal Synth, Rx, Insight? Any compatibility issues? DSP issues? How does Neutron perform when using it on many channels? How CPU heavy is Ozone? Has anyone used Trash? Does it perform well?

Thanks to all who contribute.

Galaxy

22 Jun 2017

Really? Nobody?

joeyluck

22 Jun 2017

I have RX Standard and it is fantastic! Impressed with it's capabilities and very pleased. Some things are quite heavy inside Reason, but I'm also on macOS Sierra, so until performance issue improvements, I can't really report on this. But the individual plugins and what they can achieve is awesome.

The great thing about iZotope products like RX and Ozone is they also work standalone. And the approach in RX of previewing and processing changes is great. A lot of times, these things happen in stages anyways. Repairing audio before you import it to work with it in the mix. Exporting audio to continue working in the mastering stage. But also great to have some plugins available inside your DAW.

I was happy with the ease of installation and authorization. I believe they give you the option to use iLok, but you can also just input your registration number into the software. And that's what I did. And just like that, I was up and running.

Audiotic

22 Jun 2017

I love Ozone 7, although I'm only using it standalone after making a track to avoid CPU issues.

I also got Neutron, and from what I can tell, it's great, however it's pretty much unusable for me, since by nature u need one on every bus channel, which is not doable for me with my current rig.
I hope these performance issues will get adressed.

Other than that... loving the izotope products!

Galaxy

22 Jun 2017

Audiotic wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I love Ozone 7, although I'm only using it standalone after making a track to avoid CPU issues.

I also got Neutron, and from what I can tell, it's great, however it's pretty much unusable for me, since by nature u need one on every bus channel, which is not doable for me with my current rig.
I hope these performance issues will get adressed.

Other than that... loving the izotope products!
What are your specs?

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

Audiotic wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I have Ozone 7 Advanced which I find to be an amazing set of tools. I'm not on Reason 9.5 yet, so I also run Ozone in standalone and probably will continue to do the same even after upgrading to 9.5. Part will be due to habit and part because I find the separation of mixing and mastering to be beneficial to my own workflow.

Galaxy

22 Jun 2017

joeyluck wrote:
22 Jun 2017
You can also try any of their software before buying.
Yeah I know, just hate doin that cause it can install a whole bunch of crap that will just sit there if I don't buy it.

Galaxy

22 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Audiotic wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I have Ozone 7 Advanced which I find to be an amazing set of tools. I'm not on Reason 9.5 yet, so I also run Ozone in standalone and probably will continue to do the same even after upgrading to 9.5. Part will be due to habit and part because I find the separation of mixing and mastering to be beneficial to my own workflow.
That's a definite pro to the bundle. Ozone is an entire independent mastering suite.

I'd still like to know how all the plugins are with DSP in Reason. It's a shame how inefficient DSP has become.

aburazaru

23 Jun 2017

I use Ozone and I love how powerful it is...but... it eats up that DSP meter for breakfast if you have it in the master channel while running a few instances of Kontakt and Serum with some FabFilter stuff running along side them. I've made it more of a final mix step now. I bounce my kontakt/Serum/any VST sounds to samples once the track is all set up, then I load up Ozone 7 and finish it out. I have an older machine though, maybe 1.5 year old i7 (laptop), 16gb ram and 1tb ssd.

Regardless, I'd still say to snatch it up. Totally worth it in the long run!
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

wendylou

23 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Audiotic wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Same here. I will continue to use Ozone 7 Advanced via standalone for mastering. I can see maybe using one of its individual plugins in Reason, on occasion, but using the whole suite will just lead to DSP issues with all the RE's I have and use.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Galaxy

23 Jun 2017

wendylou wrote:
23 Jun 2017
strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017

Same here. I will continue to use Ozone 7 Advanced via standalone for mastering. I can see maybe using one of its individual plugins in Reason, on occasion, but using the whole suite will just lead to DSP issues with all the RE's I have and use.
Hey Wendy, what are your machine specs? I asked this in the Neutron thread also. Kinda concerned about how users reported some Neutron issues. You said something about the standard 2 channel version not working?

On topic of Ozone 7, what about setting a mastering session up in Reason, like exporting your mixes and mastering with Ozone 7 plugin only in a Reason session. Not familiar with how it works exactly. Assuming you'd need an instance per song in a DAW, no?

AttenuationHz

24 Jun 2017

Week 3 of the Summer Kickoff Sale ends tomorrow! Trash 2 + Mobius Filter Bundle now only $49. :o
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

wendylou

24 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
23 Jun 2017
wendylou wrote:
23 Jun 2017

Hey Wendy, what are your machine specs? I asked this in the Neutron thread also. Kinda concerned about how users reported some Neutron issues. You said something about the standard 2 channel version not working?

On topic of Ozone 7, what about setting a mastering session up in Reason, like exporting your mixes and mastering with Ozone 7 plugin only in a Reason session. Not familiar with how it works exactly. Assuming you'd need an instance per song in a DAW, no?
Just saw the Neutron thread again and posted there too.

My systems specs are iMac 27-inch (late 2013). Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Startup Drive: 1 TB internal solid state drive. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB. Second 27-inch Thunderbolt Display. Mac OS: Sierra 10.12.5
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Galaxy

24 Jun 2017

wendylou wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Galaxy wrote:
23 Jun 2017

Just saw the Neutron thread again and posted there too.

My systems specs are iMac 27-inch (late 2013). Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Startup Drive: 1 TB internal solid state drive. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB. Second 27-inch Thunderbolt Display. Mac OS: Sierra 10.12.5
Thanks Wendy, this helps a lot actually. Saw your post in the other thread as well.

Can you confirm a couple things for me please? How many instances of Neutron can you get in a moderate Reason session? And, does the sidechain feature work in Reason? Some VST compressors don't take advantage of the additional inputs on the VST device. Like the IK multimedia plugins, tho they don't seem to allow for sidechaining in a different DAW anyways.

Gorgon

24 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Week 3 of the Summer Kickoff Sale ends tomorrow! Trash 2 + Mobius Filter Bundle now only $49. :o
Just bought it. Trash 2 is fantastic. You need to get this deal.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

AttenuationHz

24 Jun 2017

Gorgon wrote:
24 Jun 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Hold up Trash 2 + Mobius (free) is €45 on Plug-in boutique until the 29th.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

centomila

24 Jun 2017

I have the Music Production Bundle 2 and it's totally unusable on Reason compared to Cubase 9. For totally unusuable i mean 5 instance of neutron, totally kill the machine, while on cubase i don't hear a glitch.

It's not a fair comparison because i'm comparing a Vst 2.4 (in Reason) to a Vst3 (in Cubase).

Win 10 desktop
i7 3770 3.4 ghz
16 Gb
SSD Evo 3

Galaxy

24 Jun 2017

centomila wrote:
24 Jun 2017
I have the Music Production Bundle 2 and it's totally unusable on Reason compared to Cubase 9. For totally unusuable i mean 5 instance of neutron, totally kill the machine, while on cubase i don't hear a glitch.

It's not a fair comparison because i'm comparing a Vst 2.4 (in Reason) to a Vst3 (in Cubase).

Win 10 desktop
i7 3770 3.4 ghz
16 Gb
SSD Evo 3
Do you have access to the EQ, dynamics, exciter, transient designer as separate plugins in Reason at least? Or, from what I'm reading here, only the surround plugin is recognized by Reason? This is weird cause NI products show up with stereo and multichannel plugin options like different devices, albeit different I still hope this get started sorted out quickly, it would suck to not be able to use one of thes best plugin suites in Reason.

Galaxy

25 Jun 2017

Gorgon wrote:
24 Jun 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Jun 2017
How's the performance in Reason? Seems like a great deal doesn't it.

Gorgon

25 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Gorgon wrote:
24 Jun 2017

How's the performance in Reason? Seems like a great deal doesn't it.
Just loaded up four Trash 2's and I'm still on 1 dsp bar (on my laptop)
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

centomila

25 Jun 2017

Galaxy wrote:
24 Jun 2017
centomila wrote:
24 Jun 2017

Win 10 desktop
i7 3770 3.4 ghz
16 Gb
SSD Evo 3
Do you have access to the EQ, dynamics, exciter, transient designer as separate plugins in Reason at least? Or, from what I'm reading here, only the surround plugin is recognized by Reason? This is weird cause NI products show up with stereo and multichannel plugin options like different devices, albeit different I still hope this get started sorted out quickly, it would suck to not be able to use one of thes best plugin suites in Reason.
Yes, the advanced version give you access to separate modules. For my experience, if you load neutron with just a single module and no limiter section/neutrino enabled, there's no difference than loading single modules.

The exciter and the compressor are the most cpu hungry. The chaining between instances works really well like expected.

• Information