See you guys!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
normen

18 Jun 2017

As the forum is more like "Dude you have to buy this new VST" than "Dude you have to try modulating this parameter" lately and the new layout doesn't keep me in a "Reasontalk bubble" anymore with its ads and article links I think I'll stay away for a while and use my time otherwise.

Cheers to all you Reasonheads out there, maybe I'll check in after summer to see if theres more Reason again (pun intended ;)).

motuscott

18 Jun 2017

You were one of the sane ones, normen.
Come back soon
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

riemac

18 Jun 2017

That is very sad news, I will miss your knowledge and your discussions with Selig.
But I can understand your point, I hope Reasontalk will focus on Reason again after the VST news has settled.

Last Alternative

18 Jun 2017

That's a shame. I don't like the new site either.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Creativemind

18 Jun 2017

I have to agree, not a fan of the new layout either.

And that's a shame Normen, hope you find your Reason to return.,

:-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

18 Jun 2017

I just thought doing the same, i miss the better overview of new replies in the old forum. Also the bunch of crap and full size ads are annoying. Change everything that works is not always the best idea... See you in an other forum...
Reason12, Win10

decoder

18 Jun 2017

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many of the old guard are leaving and they are generally the most knowledgeable ones on the site.
This is becoming a rather disturbing trend.

These are the guys that teach you how to do the basics and how to build things instead of always buying something you don't need if you can create from existing equipment... (I know, not a sound business sensibility...)

One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to learn from these people who have much more experience than I do.
I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority here...

I find that I have to wade into insulting comments and people showing a basic lack of respect to each other in order to find the information I want and frankly, it wears me out. I understand that everyone has their respective opinions and thoughts, but come on! When I continually have to read through 20 lines of crap in to find the 2 lines of what I'm looking for it gets old...

Good luck Normen, I hope you will come back once the dust settles... I learned a lot from you.

selig
RE Developer

18 Jun 2017

New site is far from perfect and lots of VST talk. But I'm staying!!! Hope you'll come back soon Norman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Jagwah

19 Jun 2017

No offence intended but please don't leave for such poor reasons. We as a community did so well to stick together after being booted out of our home. This IS the place to be and if we start disbanding we are going to end up with parts of the original community all over the place. If you are just taking a break then good for you, but be sure to come back.

gak

19 Jun 2017

I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Ad's and a slew of new mods usually doesn't bode well imho.

joeyluck

19 Jun 2017

gak wrote:
19 Jun 2017
I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Just for the record... The current mod team is the same mod team since December. Clearly we need enough mods to keep up :)

gak

19 Jun 2017

Oh ffs,

Anyways, maybe I should stroll along too. It is getting awfully kvr/gs.

siln

19 Jun 2017

summertime :cool:

ejanuska

19 Jun 2017

Wow.
I haven't been trolling here for a couple weeks.
I wasn't surprised to see ads, I remember some previous discussion about it.

Didn't know about the new admins.
Now I see lots of folks leaving, or at least talking about it.
Wonder if anyone is listening.

Where is everyone going? Reddit? http://www.reasonforums.com/? ReasonExperts?
Can I come too?
I promise I won't troll...too much.

etyrnal

20 Jun 2017

gak wrote:I really don't know what to say.

This is one of the negative effects of democracy. Originally you had the propellerhead reason ecosystem and all the reason people that loved it. But then when you open it up 2 VST, you opened it up to all sorts of people who come from all sorts of other Daws. that means that there's a good potential for non propellerhead reason users to flood into the user base. That means that anybody who was using any other kind of Daw and who are using vsts are going to all start whining and complaining and voting to get things that they want them to be, and the original propellerhead reason fan base will become the minority will be phased out. Then all of the amazingness that is propellerheads reason will become diluted into something else. Plain vanilla. No flavors. Generic. Pretty soon people will start complaining about basic reason paradigms.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pinkbox

20 Jun 2017

I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
You're artificially building a "we" against a "them" that is coming from nowhere. Do you really believe nobody was complaining on anything before "they" flooded the board?

chk071

20 Jun 2017

etyrnal wrote:
20 Jun 2017
This is one of the negative effects of democracy. Originally you had the propellerhead reason ecosystem and all the reason people that loved it. But then when you open it up 2 VST, you opened it up to all sorts of people who come from all sorts of other Daws. that means that there's a good potential for non-believers to flood into the user base.
FTFY. :P
:reason: :rebirth:

etyrnal

20 Jun 2017

Pinkbox wrote:I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
You're artificially building a "we" against a "them" that is coming from nowhere. Do you really believe nobody was complaining on anything before "they" flooded the board?
You don't think user requests shape the future of the software?

etyrnal

20 Jun 2017

Pinkbox wrote:I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
There's nothing artificial about recognizing the fact that Reason's paradigm is different from basically every other digital audio workstation on the market. So the artificial Us and Them is, people who have used reason since the beginning, and very much appreciate the specific Reason way of doing things. There are many many people who have stayed away from reason because reason did not incorporate the VST model. Those people who have stayed away from a reason because it did not incorporate vsts, are all used to other digital audio workstations. When people get used to the Paradigm of another software or operating system, and they switch to a different software or operating system, they are always hoping and wishing that the software that they switched to will work and function in a number of the ways that their old software worked. Not because it's better, but because they are used to it. So if the already existing user base, is fairly happy with the way things work, they are not sending emails to propellerhead, or commenting in forums that they want change, they just remain essentially quiet because they're satisfied. But when there is a flood of incoming new users who are wishing and hoping that reason would do things the way that their other digital audio workstation did things they start emailing propellerheads requesting features asking for changes and wishing that reason would function in a lot of the ways their old digital audio workstation did. That is a whole lot of votes for change to Reason.

Pinkbox

20 Jun 2017

Well... at some point, let's say some months ago, a lot of people using reason were complaining and fighting about the props not bringing VSTs into reason. And even before that, I remember quite a mess on the PUF (on various topics).
You did not really answer my question but at least we agreed it has not much to do with democracy.

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2017

I'm leaving here because I discover sadly that Reason has a "sound" no more... [emoji23]( I'm joking...)

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

siln

20 Jun 2017

Karim wrote:
20 Jun 2017
I'm leaving here because I discover sadly that Reason has a "sound" no more... [emoji23]( I'm joking...)
See you all in winter to talk about seasonal depression (jk) :puf_wink:

stratatonic

21 Jun 2017

normen wrote:
18 Jun 2017
As the forum is more like "Dude you have to buy this new VST" than "Dude you have to try modulating this parameter" lately ....
...says the guy adding to the VST noize... :puf_bigsmile:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7500940

Jagwah

21 Jun 2017

normen

21 Jun 2017

Oh you guys xD

I guess I'll miss you crazy lot soon enough ;)

• Information