Serum skrillex bass

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
scratchnsnifff

17 Jun 2017

sounds from scratch episode 6!

made a bass sound using serum and Reason 9.5

picture a skrillex bass but without the vocoder

and this is what you get (for the most part)

made a reason serum tutorial went for the skrillexish kind of bass ! be cautious of volume :D :evil: :twisted: :geek: :ugeek: :roll: :oops: :? :shock: :) :thumbs_up: :cool: :rt: :reason:

would love some feedback, likes, subscriptions, etc

hope this helps!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

17 Jun 2017

I will replicate this in expanse & tableosc, thanks for sharing :]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

WongoTheSane

17 Jun 2017

Nice one. I like the fact you're constantly playing while editing the sound, it really helps hearing each step you're adding. Liked and subscribed :)

scratchnsnifff

18 Jun 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
17 Jun 2017
Nice one. I like the fact you're constantly playing while editing the sound, it really helps hearing each step you're adding. Liked and subscribed :)
well to be honest, i can't stand when watching a tutorial and don't have the constant reference :-p I'm not sure if i over do it, but i think its because I'm recording a jam session (essentially) i need to be more prepared but I'm working on it! thanks for the sub! hopefully more to come thanks for the interest! :D

scratchnsnifff

18 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
17 Jun 2017
I will replicate this in expanse & tableosc, thanks for sharing :]
please do! id love to hear what you come up with, I'm really wanting to make more tutorials that cater to more than reason, but at the same time i want to do reason unique tasks. haha this update is awesome when you mix and match!

Oquasec

18 Jun 2017

I just stick to modular documentaries and manuals tbh lol.
Decided recently to dig into some modules I'd normally never use also [subtractor]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

scratchnsnifff

19 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
18 Jun 2017
I just stick to modular documentaries and manuals tbh lol.
Decided recently to dig into some modules I'd normally never use also [subtractor]
It's fun using the good ol subtractor to make getter FM basses XD was considering using that for my next tutorial just because I'd like to show off its power :p it's a strong little guy

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

Scratchnsniff - Thanks for the tutorial. I agree with WongoTheSane, videos like yours where you actually play throughout the tutorial are much better than the guys who ramble off specific values without playing a single note the entire time. It's cool to see others approach sound design by ear instead of regurgitating a pre-written script with zero presentation. If I had a YouTube account, I'd subscribe for more.

scratchnsnifff

23 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Scratchnsniff - Thanks for the tutorial. I agree with WongoTheSane, videos like yours where you actually play throughout the tutorial are much better than the guys who ramble off specific values without playing a single note the entire time. It's cool to see others approach sound design by ear instead of regurgitating a pre-written script with zero presentation. If I had a YouTube account, I'd subscribe for more.
Much appreciated! Hopefully this weekend il make another crazy bass for my YouTube channel :) i might try and make a Reese bass of sorts, but iv always had a hard time with Reese basses. However making a Reese in serum has seemed to work every time :p

jonheal

23 Jun 2017

You're very skilled.

Can I ask what screen capture software you use?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
23 Jun 2017
strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Much appreciated! Hopefully this weekend il make another crazy bass for my YouTube channel :) i might try and make a Reese bass of sorts, but iv always had a hard time with Reese basses. However making a Reese in serum has seemed to work every time :p
Looking forward to the next video. Whether you have a hard time or not, noodle around and continue to create cool sounds. I'd sure as hell watch.

scratchnsnifff

28 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
23 Jun 2017
You're very skilled.

Can I ask what screen capture software you use?
Hey sorry for the late response, I use apple's QuickTime screen capture. Function and rouge ameba's soundflower for my recording setup, took me forever to get working lol still don't even know how I got it to pickup soundflower, I uninstalled and reinstalled it so many times lol

pacorobles

28 Jun 2017

Nice - thanks!
Best,
Paco
:reason: 9.5

• Information